Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jmarc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-12-2017, 4:26 PM Reply   
Has anyone bought one of these yet? How does it perform? How is the surf and wakeboard wake? How is the new tower and screen? Thanks
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-27-2017, 7:35 AM Reply   
Hey Justin! The best tip I can give you is to go on tigeowners.com. This is the forum site where all tige owners are .
You probably don't saw it or maybe you already saw it but here Tigé is really dismissed.. probably because it's a Malibu forum !
You will have every thing to know on this site and a bunch of review.
Personally i am a Tigé fan. After testing tons of different boat.. it's really the best brand for the buck, yes it's expensive but you pay for what you have. The top quality and the best surf wave.

All brand have their pos and neg depend on what you need

Tige : + best surf wake on the market, very well built and a low fuel consumption compare to the same size models due to the hull design.
- little bit more sensitive to weight due to the hull type, take a little bit more time to set your perfect wave. You have many setting and option to correctly set your wave as you really like.
Personally for me it's not negative point.. you can't have it all! If you just want a boat for pleasure and play with your kids you probably prefer something else.. Tigé is the No1 surf boat because you can set perfectly your wake with tons of setting unlike press a button and you deal with that.

Malibu/ axis : + wakeboard wake, nice look, good audio.
- Llittle bit too expensive for what you have for my opinion,
They are wakeboard beast instead. Wakeboard on Malibu is like wakesurf on Tigé
Axis is even more cheap, you really pay for the brand.. everything is cheap on this boat and you pay the full price

Moomba/ Supra : + good overall boats, really competitive price, good quality for the price
- everything is OK. Surfwave OK, wakeboard wave OK, vinyl OK.

Super Air Nautique : probably the best brand on the market! But really too expensive.. it's not overpriced because everything is perfect but you really pay the big price for a head turning boat.

Hope that's help!
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-27-2017, 7:40 AM Reply   
^ yeah none of that is really true lol.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-27-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
Justin,

To my knowledge, the RZ hull has not change since its original release in 07. So, the wake board wake reviews will be the same. As to surfing, a listed RZ2/22Ve wave is one of my favorites. However, with the new TAPS3, things are different. I have not yet surfed a TAPS3 RZ2. If TAPS3 does for the RZ2 what it did for thee Z3, the wave will be off the hook.

I like the new tower at this point. Same with the new screen, but have not had one on the water yet.

Best advice, demo one as you would be using it for a day on the water. Just make sure your dealer or somebody knows how the heck to set the boat up. Always sad to see a crappy demo because the boat was not set up right.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       02-27-2017, 10:00 AM Reply   
I kind of agree with what Mike states above. Although i have no insight into Tige, i have heard the surf is a amazing. I also agree with his malibu comments. Way over priced and quality has been going down. Even hard core Bu guys get that whether they want to admit it or not. I myself own a mastercraft which is a great brand as well, but on the expensive side like Natique.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-27-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
We test drove one last October.

Stock ballast plus 800 and the wave was pretty average. It has low freeboard compared to the RZX3 and most other newer boats. I think there are better surf boats out there.

Supra SG, SA and Cent RI series
Old     (Jmarc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-27-2017, 12:50 PM Reply   
Thank you for all the info.

I looked into the Supra SA. Nice boats. The surf wave is only good when you add bigger bags in the rear. Seems like you have to add bags to every boat to make the wave good.

With the low freeboard did you find that water came over the bow easy DTB?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-27-2017, 1:40 PM Reply   
We were on river and didn't have a lot of rollers to deal with other than our own. I wouldn't say it was terrible but, the newer Supras and G's ive been in are definitely better. I would go RZX3 if you go Tige again. I hope they don't beat you up to bad on that ASR when you sell it or trade it.

Yes the SA and SG put out great surf waves but you do need bigger bags and or some lead.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-27-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
Just clarify my post before the tige haters nail me for not knowing what im talking about. I misread the title and though the OP was looking at an RZ2, but A closer look I see its an RZ"X"2. So yes, I know the RZX2 was not released back in 07 and its actually a brand new hull and boat. Having said that, if the TAPS works as good as it does on the Z3, the wave should be killer.

As to freeboard, I would have to see the RZX2 and maybe the Ri sitting on the water. The cabin depth on the RZX2 is for sure deeper than the Ri IMO, but that does not necessarily translate to higher freeboard from the water line to the top of the deck.
Old     (Jmarc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-27-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
We were on river and didn't have a lot of rollers to deal with other than our own. I wouldn't say it was terrible but, the newer Supras and G's ive been in are definitely better. I would go RZX3 if you go Tige again. I hope they don't beat you up to bad on that ASR when you sell it or trade it.

Yes the SA and SG put out great surf waves but you do need bigger bags and or some lead.

I sold the ASR last April. Really like the RZX2 . RZX3 is nice but who knows if Tige will keep it.

Last edited by Jmarc; 02-27-2017 at 4:11 PM. Reason: missing word
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-27-2017, 5:22 PM Reply   
Mike88, are saying the Tige has a better surf waves than the Centurion ri series? Just curious because this is the first time I have read that opinion?
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-28-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
Hey Nailem! What I'm saying is that Tigé owns the "personal" surf wave type. Yes centurion have a great surf wave and almost all surfboat Have good wake! Everybody is different, everybody have different needs and feeling. Some prefer high waves with no transition and some prefer transition over size. Tigé offer a really really good system for customize your own wave and how you like it. And you can save over 5 different people ( I thinks it's 8 on 2016+) so if your body like his wave big and floppy you set it and save it. For your turn you press your button and you have your wake as you like!

The first time you try it it's a little bit longer to set perfectly your wave but when it's saved you are ready to go all summer! No other brand (personnal choice) Have a better system than the new Tigé touch

Centurion is a brand I don't know very well so I don't want to discuss too much about it.
Here in Canada we don't have many, and for what we know reliability is not their force!
But if someone says to me that stock centurion (with no weight addition) have a better surf wave then a tiger Z série I'm going to be REALLY septical haha..

For the others! Tigé have different model, different hull type and personally is surfing was my number 1 concern I vote for a Z over RZ. The Z hull push a better surf wave than the RZ hull. Still the RZX is still a surf beast!
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-28-2017, 5:57 PM Reply   
I would agree that Tige would be my second choice and there is no question that they have a fantastic wave. Opinions are like a**holes but the Ri has an amazing surf wave that can be shaped with CATS and quick surf along with the stinger plate. The ri237 for most needs nothing added bUT some will add a couple 100lbs of lead. I've never surfed a ri257 but everything I've read says it needs nothing.
Check out the polar bear review video.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-28-2017, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
the Ri has an amazing surf wave that can be shaped with CATS and quick surf along with the stinger plate.
For comparison, The TAPS-3 is adjustable, not just deployed/retraced, as well as the center TAPS plate is adjustable as it always has been.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-28-2017, 7:35 PM Reply   
Tige is a decent surf boat and number 3 on my list... But let's be honest, The Ri surf tab system is not just deployed and retracted either, the center taps plate on the Tige equals the stinger plate on the Centurion. Plus the Centurion has a CATS system also..Ram fill is also a nice option for faster start times which fills in 45 seconds..Most ballast in the industry from the factory with the biggest and firm factory wave. The Ri was the Polar Bear favorite this year as well..

Last edited by Truekaotik; 02-28-2017 at 7:37 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-01-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
Troll alert!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-01-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
Id sure like to hear the specific personal experience someone has with the brand new 2017 RZX2 surf wave compared to the Ri, that puts it 3rd behind the Ri. And its pretty clear from Nailem's post, that the Ri surf tabs are adjustable. No one disputed that or even indicated to the contrary.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-02-2017, 3:00 AM Reply   
Troll alert!
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-02-2017, 5:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmarc View Post
Thank you for all the info.

I looked into the Supra SA. Nice boats. The surf wave is only good when you add bigger bags in the rear. Seems like you have to add bags to every boat to make the wave good.

With the low freeboard did you find that water came over the bow easy DTB?
Except one, G23 is gold on stock sacs, so buy a used one, even the 2013 (1st G year?) was great goofy or regular and then when lots of people are on board it goes to sick! Right out of the box and you keep those massive storage lockers and the room in that boat is stupid

Even the old tranny ratio will do, you just have to wait to get on plane for wakeboarding when you have 9-13 people in it(wakeboard wake is also awesome on stock and no passengers, stupid with 7 or more) awwww, modern world problems. But you gotta see that wave the day you have 10-13 people, tsunami

Last edited by granddaddy53; 03-02-2017 at 5:33 AM.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-02-2017, 9:32 AM Reply   
That G with old Tranny will kill you at the pump.

Say what you want but most boats are still adding bigger sacs and or sacs in general to get the optimal surf waves.

The new RI Cent may be the exception
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-02-2017, 11:21 AM Reply   
What's the big deal about adding bigger sac's to the back. That just what you do when you have a wake boat.

And if water is coming over the bow that's your fault!!! You can't drive
Old     (Jmarc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-02-2017, 8:10 PM Reply   
Everyone that I know that has a G23 adds extra sacs to make their surf wave great.

When you are spending 100k plus for a wake boat they should just work! Nothing added. Just my opinion though.