Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-26-2014, 6:22 AM Reply   
I normally ride a LF deluxe at the cable park, but recently I had the opportunity to try out a slingshot. As soon as I hit a feature with the slingshot I noticed an immediate difference in the sliding speed. It was crazy fast! I liked the speed a lot but sometimes it seemed almost too fast considering I'm used to the deluxe.
I heard somewhere that LF and slingshot are kind of on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to sliding speed. I'm looking to get a new board soon so I was wondering if people who have ridden some different brands or boards could chime in on how the sliding speeds compare to each other.
Also, are fasting sliding boards generally considered more advanced? Thanks
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-26-2014, 6:47 AM Reply   
I found the exact same thing (I ride an 11' Deluxe). I have a tough time full sliding some longer features with the LF, so I've been thinking strongly about making the switch.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-26-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
"sliding speed" will also depend on who manufactures the features & what materials are used on the sliding surfaces. Not to mention the change in temps through out the season. Sorry to get all techy, but just something I have noticed...
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
wax that baby up and itll be much quicker on the rails
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
My Jobe Conflict was slicker than snot when I first got it. But it has slowed down a bit after some wear.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-26-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
will waxing an LF Grind Base really help? Like snowboard wax or Carnuba wax?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2014, 2:59 PM Reply   
Skateboard wax. Its what they use to make ledges and rails slick since wood and metal typically wont slide on concrete.

A Candle works just as well.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-26-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
I'm going to try that!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-29-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
It's personal preference, but my rail riding increased DRAMATICALLY once I moved from Slingshot to LF. The sliding speed was slower and much easier to control. I can be off a little bit on the LF and I don't get banana peeled like I did on the SS.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-30-2014, 6:52 AM Reply   
It took a few sets for me to get my Watson hybrid scrubbed in, it was very sticky new, esp on kickers. But after a few sets, once the base was scratched up a bit, it slid just fine.
My old Hyperlite Roam with the Enduro base slid like a dream from the first attempt!