Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-01-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Heya,

I'm looking to purchase a heater top. What are some good brands and place to purchase from?

Thanks!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
the house has some great heater tops fairly cheap.

http://www.the-house.com/rashguard.html
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Overstock also has an older style jet pilot for cheap.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-01-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
I use a JetPilot F22 which I've been very happy with. Good quality and keeps me warm.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-01-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Doesn't look like the F22 will work. They don't seem to have a XXL. Thought I would fit the XL, but looking at their sizing chart, that isn't going to happen.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
My experience with heater tops is they run small. I am usually a XL in wetsuits, got a XXL oneill heater top and probably could use a XXXL.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-01-2010, 6:21 PM Reply   
Don't y'all think it's a little early for this topic? The water is still 87 degrees! Just remember to not wear white bindings after Labor Day..

Endless summer.
Old     (rc005)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-01-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
I use a ripcurl hotskin.. it works great! as started above they tend to run small and even at the right size they are still a pain to get on.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Don't y'all think it's a little early for this topic? The water is still 87 degrees! Just remember to not wear white bindings after Labor Day..

Endless summer.
87 degrees??? My water temps are 61 and didn't pass 65 this summer. Air temps might have passed 87 once this summer. This summer sucked in SoCal, I was robbed and wrote a letter to Mother Nature about it. She didn't care. Worst summer ever, period.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2010, 10:23 PM Reply   
Plenty of good brands out there, but IMO the O'Neill Gooru is hard to beat for comfort, functionality and durability. And I agree, they do tend to run a bit small. If you are able, spend a few extra bucks and get the stretchiest neoprene you can find (e.g., Gooru or similar). If you want to spend even a few bucks more, there are some really nice non-petroleum-based products starting to hit the market, Japanese-made Eco-prene and stuff like that. I've had my same Gooru for something like 8 years now, and it has held up awesome, even with lots of salt water usage, although I do take very good care of it.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
Ended up buying a O'neill Hyperfreak Glide 1.5mm top. Wore it four times already and love it. Fits well and keeps me very warm. Granted the water is 69 right now, so we'll see how it does when it cools off a bit more.

Thanks for the recommendations!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-20-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
I second the Hyperfreak from oneil. I also require an XXL and mine fits great.
Old     (onepoorpilot)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-20-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
i ride the F35 jetpilot. Im a medium kind of guy and hard to buy a large... always go one size bigger. This top gets smoking hot btw... i dont put it on until the water hits 60s.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-21-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have a hyperlite size Small (mens) I'm trying to get rid of. PM me