Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-02-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
I recently bought a Tsunami pump and Fly High fat sac.

It works great but I am not sure I'm connecting them together correctly.

It has the quick connection on it but it doesn't really lock into place. Is it supposed to have a positive lock?

I am afraid that it will spin and the water pressure will pop them apart and start pumping water all over the boat!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Thats pretty much how they work man...ya gotta keep an eye on them.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
should have a red tab that locks into place after a quarter turn if you start it in the correct position. Then you have to push the red tab to release it to undo it with the opposite quarter turn. hopefully that part is not snapped off.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Yo g different fitting dude.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
opps, i was thinking the cartridge type, nevermind
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Your profile pic is freakin hilarious.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-03-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
Thanks FJK, I had the same question. We just bought our first fat sac, and tsunami pump. That's exactly how ours fit too. I watered the bow a bit when I left it unattended. Once you have it positioned just right, it's fine.

Here's another question. Do you guys just leave the water in the sac that the pump can't get? Or do you lift the sac to drain the remaining portion, manually?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-03-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
usually just lift and pour out.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       11-03-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Yea the fittings could be better. I normally twist the pump or hose so that it keeps pressure on the fitting. I also empty the water out after the pump is done. I had one stuffed in my ski locker for a few weeks and when I pulled it out it was covered in slime.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-03-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
they can be a pain. when you have to yell "quick unplug the pump!" when everyone is on the opposite side of the boat. ha. but we normally lift them out and drain the left over water. and when we store them in the boat, we leave them out in the open opened up so the little remaining can evaporate.

also, when we drain them. we make sure there is no air int he sac, and leave the vent closed so you can get as much water out as possible without sucking air. normally only a cup or so is left at the end
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-03-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.

It doesn't seem like it would take much to incorporate some kind of positive lock.

I thought about taking a Dremel tool and making a small notch on the bottom side of the groove that the pin can seat into to help keep it from turning. I think the water pressure would push and hold the the pin into the groove.

Worst case, if it made it worse, I could just pick up another fitting.

I have been unscrewing the drain and pouring out what the pump doesn't get as well.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-04-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
I 2nd that. Thanks guys. I will keep pouring the remaining portion out. No one likes slim or mold.