Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-01-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
Which adapter is everyone using, I searched for the thread, but can't find it. It's the one that has the iPod interface on one end and RCA's on the other. I think it charges too.

Thanks!
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
My choice for a basic one:

WWW.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=385&CategoryID=36

Then connect it to a wetsounds ws-420
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-01-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
RCA connectors are for audio input...you will not be able to charge with this type of connector. If your looking for the type that charges, I would check with your manufacture of your deck as they probably offer an interface cable.

-Phil
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-01-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Phil,
this unit charges too!

Thanks Ben!!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       11-01-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
I just picked up a itouch and the interface does not work so need an updated one to, Ben did it work with everything?
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-01-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
@Ben - Yeah the unit Sam posted does...but it doesn't charge via the RCA cables...you have to run the power cable as well :-)

-Phil

(Message edited by pip9ball on November 01, 2009)
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
Sorry guys, I guess I should have clarified that it does need ignition and ground to charge.

Jason - If you have an Ipod or Iphone that uses the 5 volt charging (newest nano, Iphone 3g or 2nd gen touch) you can use this adaptor:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=850&CategoryID=36

OR this cable:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=847&CategoryID=36

with any existing cable that gives you the "device does not support charging" <-(?) message.

(Message edited by soundbox on November 01, 2009)
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-02-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
So Ben, If I buy http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=850&CategoryID=36 this part, it will let my stereo play and charge my iphone 3GS? As for now I can only play and charge ipods not iPhones. I would love this to work for me.

Thanks
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-02-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
I have what appears to be the exact same thing as the IS75 in the first link, except mine was before their site update (possibly product codes too?) and it charges my 2nd Gen. Touch. For reference, the product code at the time was the IC-RCA 2

(Message edited by wakeborder5 on November 02, 2009)
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       11-02-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
I use that IS75 with ipods and my iphone - it charges either - and I have it plugged into the WS-420 - all works fine.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       11-02-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Just picked up the IS75, will just swap out whole cable, but now I see the other cables I could get to just attach to excisting one to make work..shoot
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
Dave - That adaptor takes any Ipod cable that only charges 12 volt ipods and original iphones and allows it to charge via 5 volt usb method. Your 3gs should used this method just like the 3G.

FYI. Now that you have your new ipods and iphones in the boat and need a way to mount them so they aren't bouncing around everywhere try this new kit:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=890&CategoryID=36

For the ultimate add a Wetsounds WS-420 for complete control of your system and a HSE Revolution to take care of the volume for you:
Upload
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-02-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
this is the cable you want. http://updates.isimplesolutions.com/post/iSIMPLEc2ae-LAUNCHES-NEW-WIRED-AUTOMOTIVE-iPODc2ae-DOCKING-SOLUTIONS.aspx
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-03-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
I like what Paul states as a solution. Especially in my boat. I do not like the iPod interface on my radio head unit. So this IS76 cable looks money. Charging and being able to use the controls on the iPhone or iPod is perfect for me.
Upload
But this is a great solution in my truck. I like the radio head unit iPod interface. So being able to hook up my iPhone to the the exsisting cable using this adapter (IS712) and now being able to charge it would be ideal. Upload

I hope I am understanding all this correctly. B/C I want to order both cables.

Let me know if I got it right?

Dave
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-03-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
Dave - You are correct.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-03-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
ben, how'd you secure that mount? screws? already have the is75 and 420. been looking for something minimalistic to use to mount/secure the iphone and ipod. can you change out the clamps between iphone and ipod nano easily or is it one or the other?