Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
I know there has been a ton of Q & A's on these boards but after reading the searches I was wondering your alls thoughts on which is more my style as I don't have the chance to demo. I rode the original 0ne in a 142 and it booted me pretty well landings were a little harsh if i recall . That was a while ago though. Pre blown knee

So I am considering both. I'm a 6ft 180lb intermediate rider. Have BR, Tant, Scarecrow, Ts BR and working on some others. I am mainly a Wake to Wake pop guy taking only a few floatie 180's and methods out into the flats. I love my Gator Prospect but am wanting something that lands a little softer due to my front knee(did ACL/MCL/PCL and 4 tears in meniscus). Again I love the speed,consistent pop, and boot from the Prospect, but wish it landed softer. Heard the Ibex was it. Though recently I was brought to my attention that since they revamped the One for 09 it lands just as soft. Have no experience to back that up and that was from the "kid"at the shop who was out of Ibex's n a 144 so was curious on what the consensous is.
Old     (matteoh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-20-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
Ibex has really really hard landings. There's like an 15+ inch flat spot in the middle of the board that makes it awesome for getting air but not as consistent and really hard on the landings. Doesn't disperse the water like some other boards. I want to up grade to some better boots pretty soon but i love the pop i get from this board. I'm about the same height and weight as you and i ride the 139 instead of the 144.

My opinion would be the 142 One if your looking for softer landings.
Old     (tysonma)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-20-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
I started riding the One this year. Very cool board, with soft landings. Pop is sick, period. I havent ridden an Ibex, but have ridden past parks boards. If it compares to them it all, the One is going to be less edgy, and more of a surfy feel. Before this I was on a LF substance, and it landed like a ton of bricks. I immediately noticed how much softer the One landed. Which is a good thing, because like you, my knee has also been torn to shreads. Hope this helps! Peace!