Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-30-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
I finally got to take my first sets of the year yesterday and I'm so impressed with the Decade. Other then the Natural, it's the first 3 stage board that I really like because of it's speed! I couldn't believe I was riding a 3 stage because it was so fast, which is one of the qualities I like in a board.

When you take the board to edge, it hooks up strong and tracks really well to the wake, even without the center fin. Like JJakober said in his thread, it's super SMOOTH! And the pop is very predictable.

Try one out, you won't be disappointed!
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
can you compare in detail to the natural?

I have natty right now that I love but the decade looks solid
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-30-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
The Natural is solid all the way around, and very hard to improve upon. But if I had to pick out a few things that were improved on with the Decade it would be:

Smooth: It's smoothness when you carve the board, edge & land. It feels like you won't catch an edge at all and makes you feel connected to the water.

Speed: It's faster, feeling like a continuous rocker, so there's a lot less effort needed to create the exact speed you want. But at the same time, it doesn't let you get out of control.

Pop: very responsive & snaps off the wake. But doesn't buck you out of control. That's what I meant by predictable. If you like landing in the flats, no problem. The mix of speed & pop will allow you go as big as you want, while keeping the landings very soft for your knee's & back.

goride, if you have the chance to demo one, try it and see for yourself. If not and you're unsure of getting one without actually riding it, trust me you won't be disappointed. You're already on a Natty, it only gets better with the Decade.

To put it simply, before the Natural & now the Decade, came out, I hated 3 stage boards. But these two are the first 3 stage boards that I would & will continue to ride.

Obrien hit a home run with this one!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Nice review Ryan,
bring one down to Powell some time ;)
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-30-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
Hey Jeremy,
I won't have a chance to come down this year at all but if my plans change, I'll definitely look you up. You'll just have to deal with the fact that it's not flex :0)
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-30-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
Hey Brah, it's almost been a "decade" since we rode together!!!

So speaking of new boards, I'm ready to get you in a Ronix setup. You ready?? LOL J/K

Miss you and your brother. Talked to Camilo on Saturday and he told me about your bummer day with Steve's boat. Sucks. I'm sure you woulda had fun with Jimmy too.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2009, 11:41 PM Reply   
ahh well, maybe i can borrow Watkins' board at Bro Stock if he is there again

orrr if i make it to utah visiting my bro or something i'll stop by the northern utah find a third thread

but, hey, flex or no flex i will try any board i get my hands on. seems i learn something from almost every board i ride (liked or not liked). and i bet i can learn a lot (for my sake or others') from a delta base board. i have yet to ride one of these speed educing phenomenons (that almost sounds like something an addict would say, "speed educing") Anyway, besides that i have always had a love for Obrien, just Byerly's shapes were a step above, and now flex above that
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2009, 12:50 AM Reply   
Keith, how you been? I saw that you sold the boat finally. I thought someone would have picked that beauty up a long time ago at the price you were listing it for.

Yeah, Friday was a bummer but it happens. I think Steve learned a big lesson and at least we were able to get into the dock on our own. We took the boat out yesterday and it ran perfectly fine.

Jeremy, if you're ever up this way, give us a shout and we'll try to hook up to ride.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update Ryan. Glad you liked the board.

There is something about it thats hard to describe, but is very nice!