Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
anybody seen this?

looks dang fun!

http://www.wakekite.com/
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
seen it last year at the Bakes double up contest in washington
they now make two different sizes
but $1500 is hard to take
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-01-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
that looks like alot of fun.... but you could just get a kiteboard and save the gas money...
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
they demo them at our local shop and it was a blast, so we decided to buy one of the demo rigs at end of last season for $650.. takes awhile to get the kite positioning and edging but once you find the sweet spot, prepare for the burnup on re-entry... however, you do not want any wind and if there is a breeze be sure you are driving into it.. my wife and i are both avid windsurfers and kiteboarders and have a rental in the gorge we share some other kiters and visit 2-3 times a year.. this seemed like a logical addition for us to have in our wake gear arsenal..

(Message edited by h20jnky on June 01, 2008)
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-01-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
FAIL
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
Definitely agree that it looks like a lot of fun!

I have not tried one yet but want to. I almost bought one on e-bay that was being sold by some guy for about $900 brand new... kinda wish i'd gone for it before someone else did.

I see a lot of potential in it, while others seem to want to nip it in the bud before it can bloom so to speak.

I can't recall hearing of anyone who HAS tried it that didn't like it. even the skeptics/ nay-sayers who have tried it (maybe one or two that i remember in past threads) reported good things.

As for the gas comment and saving money... that is definitely a comment that is holding a more solid ground day by day with the gas hike... BUT, if you have seen the videos, you CAN use it behind a wave runner and get about as much air as behind a wake boat, but not the insane-double-up air that you'd get behind a boat with it. I am now curious if it'd work behind a winch? behind a waverunner (or better yet a winch) would save a bit on gas, but still not as much as kiteboarding itself
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Well I'll chime in and say that I have a couple of friends who have tried it and said it's the lamest thing they've ever done behind a boat.

I'm more than happy to agree with them.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
well, i guess there is a first (or "couple" or three) for everything. not necissarily saying that it would be impossible for someone to think it was lame after riding it.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-01-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
manfox, you are a kiteboarders? what kind of kites do you and your wife own?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
yeah schmo, 8 years strong.. we started on slingshot and switched to full Naish quivers about 3 years ago.. i've been rockin' the cult kites and haze board my wife has stuck with helix and just got a new thorn board.. ahe hasn't looked back since the switch.. in fact, she actually prefers kting to wakeboarding and is steadfastly converting our girls at hitting it pretty hard too.. i may be the last of a dying breed in our (shrinking) wakeboard family.. lonely guy in boat boozecruising by himself
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
I wasn't impressed with it. For the bigger boys it doesn't work that great. I will admit it's one helluva work out of the upper body though! If you can last 15 minutes with this thing, you're in excellent shape.

The smaller guys in our group could do pretty well with it and perhaps it takes a bit longer to find the sweet spot in cutting and timing. I wouldn't drop the money on one though.

Now that sky ski thing... I think I'm going to like trying it :-)