Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
No comment, but we won't turn you away
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
its southeast TN, less than an hour from the AL border. Elk river, in winchester near lynchburg, manchester, TN.

my gal has a place up there and we'll be there a few weekends this summer. just looking for some people.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
Where is your place at?
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
sorry to jump in, but i hope some of you guys make it down to wild wing cafe in knoxville on some of the thursday nights this summer. should be a good time.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for the invite j hill. I'd say we'll get down sometime. Pat came down and rode in the Launch the Landing and did pretty well.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
cool. if you want to ride get ahold of jessica at overboard. i would say it's worth coming just to watch and hang out though. you can keep up with it on http://www.knoxwake.com too.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
Thanks. Yeah, it sounds like a fun event.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
I had planned to come down some last year and just never made it. I fully intend to check it out this year!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
All you guys be safe on the way to ATL. See you there.
Old     (2onboone)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
hey cbk thanks for bringin the boat to the house
i regret not getting a wet suit
saturday on boone was coooollllddddd
oh the new board was killer
and as soon as i dial in the surf wake with the new sacs you guys are gonna have to come and try it out
thanks again
if anybody needs a pull on boone just shoot me a message i'm on the bluff city side near davis boat dock
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
No problem Matt.

Hate that you guys missed Acworth. It was an awesome time. I am sure some of you got some interesting text messages Friday night.

Everyone have a safe weekend!
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
I would say that everyone that was getting the text messages was probably wanting to smash their phones..

What a crazy time it was!! Probably one of the best weekends of my life. I'll try and post some pics soon
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
I posted some of the pics I took in the other thread I started "Acworth pics postem up" here's the link

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/581187.html?1211263461
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
Whats up fellas, I hope all of you guys had a good time this weekend in acworth...I was going to go but bailed out last second to riding, first time of the season so I could not say no. You know how it is....
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-20-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
It sounded like you guys had a blast!!!!! Glad Brad went with you all. Let's get together and ride sometime soon..... We can have our pep talk then Nate..... Pat, give me a shout.... Ed, Finally got those big @$$ bumpers set....
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-24-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
I'm sure about everyone will be out on the water this weekend. Hope everyone has a safe time and a great Memorial Day.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-26-2008, 6:12 AM Reply   
i just hope everybody remembers to put there drain plugs in.
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Hard to believe this. My little man is growing up so fast. Just wanted to share the excitement with everyone.

Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Brad - That's awesome man. I definitely feel the same way with mine.

This weekend was unbelievable, just a great start to the season.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
i will 2nd that nate,,,,,brad getin a little advertising in for ya. marv took some pict over th weekend ,hope to get him to post them up . holler at you guys soon......rod
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-29-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day, friend (Todd Stump) said he now has a broken leg (small bone of the two) from freak fall. He just started riding last year, bought a new board, pulled the fins (go figure), and crash!! Broken leg! They were out at Soho on Cuddys boat. Be careful out there!
Old     (memphisvol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-30-2008, 4:15 AM Reply   
unfortunately a friend told me someone died out on Norris Lake this weekend :-(
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Jonathan, that is sad news man.... Do you know what part of the lake it happened on?
Old     (memphisvol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-31-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
"According to Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) officials, Peter Gruber, 26, of Glendale, Ohio, jumped out of a boat near the Powder Mill boat ramp during Memorial Day weekend."

apparently he was drunk and decided he wondered what it would be like to jump out the boat while going 35-40mph
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
Man that is bad news. I hate to hear of it, but it seems like there is always a holiday death story.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather. Hope to see you guys at Winged Deere this coming weekend for the tourney. Oh and take a look at our latest contraption....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
When will people learn that it is not a good idea to get hammered @$$ drunk on the water. That really is bad news but it makes me mad as hell also. I like to have a cold blabber mouth as much as anyone and at times have been known to have a half a one to many but PLEASE leave it till after you come off the water. I really feel for the guys family and his friends who were there as he was getting loaded up. Probably a great guy and now he is gone, all because he was trying to have fun..... Let's use our heads guys and please watch out for our dear friends also,,,, even if they get pissed it is still worth it to have them around..... Right?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Breathe Marv. No really, you are right. It's unfortunate that his friends and family will have to suffer through such a loss and it could have been easily prevented.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-01-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
We were out on Patrick Henry late and two guys came by in a runabout and the "driver", yes the driver just jumped out, while they were doing about 20-25! Drunk as crap and weren't sure where they were, said they were looking for the marina, of which I said was closed and "NO" they don't sell beer! Driver was okay and he was definitely drunk! I told ranger when I got my boat out, not sure where they went afterwards. Sorry, but drinking and water just don't mix!
Nate, you guys have too much "FREE TIME" on your hands and why did you do that to my float boat? HA!