Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-29-2018, 3:27 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 X-Star with Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro but the on/off button won't work. The only two buttons that seem to work are the menu button and the down arrow button.

Anyone have any advice??
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2018, 5:41 AM Reply   
When you say not working, Is the screen coming on at all.

What color is your screen. If it's green they are known to fail and also will go blank and not work properly when it's really humid or after a good rain.

I just had to replace my whole perfect pass system because of this on my 06 supra. In the past you could replace just the gauge, but now you have to replace the whole system with their GPS unit. They give you a discount but it still 875.00

I would call perfect pass, they are very helpful.
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-30-2018, 9:50 AM Reply   
My Perfect Pass looks like this.

It lights up when I turn the ignition on but the On/Off button doesn’t work. It just reads “OFF” And the Up arrow button doesn’t work either.

The down arrow and menu buttons work.

Was it hard to switch over to the Stargazer system? How does it work in rivers with current. I ride in the California delta which has a current mostly.
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-30-2018, 9:53 AM Reply   
http://s41.photobucket.com/user/TxsA...owxfn.jpg.html
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2018, 11:29 AM Reply   
It took me 2 to 3 hours maybe to convert it over. The hardest part pining wires into the ECU plug which really wasn't hard at all. And running the wires from the ECU at the motor to the dash. But I just did the same thing with wires for my RGB speakers so I knew what to do.

I would call them, because they had problems with the green screen gauges out over time.

My screen would go blank but the buttons still worked. But since the screen was blank, you didn't know what speed you selected or if it was on. Then It just stopped engaging and holding speed completely.

I think they have new software where you tell them you ride on a river. And you can calibrate the speed of the river before you start riding each day. But I'm not positive on how it work.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-01-2018, 10:28 AM Reply   
Call Perfect Pass while you are sitting in the boat. They have great tech support and will help ya identify the problem. My 2006 went out last year and after futzing with it for hours on my own they had the problem diagnosed in 5 min on the phone and shipped me new parts that day.

Last edited by Shawn; 08-01-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-02-2018, 10:53 AM Reply   
I have the green faced gauge, mine is a 4 line version with option for custom names vintage 2006. My perfect pass has been acting up for a few years now. I have rebuilt the gauge once and it needs to be rebuilt again. The digital display is glass and held in by tabs it makes surface contact with the circuit board. The tabs relax and the unit stops responding to inputs. to repair the gauge it needs to be taken apart and the tabs need to be tightened back up. There are also some cables soldered to the board that could have lost connection. They may need to be resoldered or a broken trace jumped on the board.

Like anything else on our boats, dig in, take it apart, fix it yourself. That's often the best solution.