Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Norm02)      Join Date: Feb 2018       02-20-2018, 11:18 AM Reply   
Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to be a part of this forum and I’ve been reading a good number of post so far. There’s a lot of good information on this forum and I’ve already learned a lot. I look forward to learning a lot more and thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

As the title states, I’m going to buy a new boat this season and I’m looking to stay in the <$100k range. My family consist of my wife and I plus two kids that under the age of 10. The boat will primarily be used to pull tubes, skis, wakeboards, surfing, and cruising around the lake.

I’m planning on buying new (unless I find a demo boat or a left over previous year model) and I’m planning on keeping it for at least 10 years. I kept my last boat (Crownline 192BR) for 12 years and I’d like to do the same this time around so resale value is important to me.

I’m only considering boats that are in the 23-25ft range and it will be trailered to several different lakes and not parked in a slip. I’m also only considering inboards and Jet Boats (Scarab) since I want to have the ability to surf behind the boat. We’ll probably have friends and family with us most of the time so it needs to hold at least 13 people.

The boats I’m considering are the Moomba Mojo, Axis A24, Mastercraft NXT22, and the Scarab 255 Wake Edition. Please feel free to add to my list if there are others that I should consider and I’ll check them out. I am planning on demoing all of the boats I’ve listed as I think that’s the only way to fairly evaluate each one.

I’ve listed some questions that I have below and hopefully the back ground info I’ve given will be helpful in answering my questions. I’d like to know the following and thank you for the advice!

-Which boat is the best value in terms of performance, features, reliability, and resale value
-Is it worth the money to go for the biggest engine available in each boat? I’m leaning towards yes
-Is the Raptor 440 worth spending an extra $5k on compared to the Raptor 400 (Moomba)
-Are better deals available if you order a boat vs buying an in-stock boat (no demo or holdover)
-In general, what are the most import options to select or look for on this style boat.