Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2016, 5:24 PM Reply   
Anybody ever tried one of these life jackets. We took our 7 month old out for the first time this year in his new Hyperlite Life Jacket. Let just say it doesn't fit that good and he is pretty much missirable in it.

My wife said that a mom's forum she is on said this was a good life Jacket. But I want to here from some people like us that are on the lake alot. Not just a few times a year.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2016, 5:27 PM Reply   
Here what the one they suggested looks like and a link. http://www.amazon.com/Stohlquist-Inf.../dp/B006LJOC4E
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2016, 5:30 PM Reply   
Here is one of little man. See how the the Jacket is all up in his chin!!!
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2016, 5:35 PM Reply   
Why does an IPhone always flip stuff ������
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-24-2016, 8:06 PM Reply   
no matter which life jacket we put on our youngest he hated it. They all did the same as your hyperlite. His didn't have a zip, just 3 clips, we would just leave the top clip undone and he liked that better. If you can find one of those lifejackets and try it on it might be good but so far I have never seen a lifejacket that fitted a young child well
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2016, 8:12 PM Reply   
The o'neill super light infant vest is great! It is nylon so it stays cooler than a neo one. Like the one above it does not zip right up against their chins and cause a rash. Our 6 month old has been out three times now and seems very happy with it.
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       04-25-2016, 5:36 AM Reply   
They get use to it. We use an Oniel right and it's been good since 4 weeks old.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2016, 6:46 AM Reply   
Infant vests are terrible. My kid was miserable in all of them.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2016, 6:47 AM Reply   
Once they get to toddler, these are great

https://www.google.com/search?q=Butt...er+life+jacket
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
I wish those puddle jumpers where small enough for my little man.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-25-2016, 7:40 AM Reply   
I'd give that nylon one you posted a try, as it looks like the neck is cut a bit deeper, so might not get up into their chin. While we started ours out in the neo's, I'd go nylon if I had to do it again to keep them cooler and prevent rashes. Once their torso is long enough, then they can switch into that neo one, and can wear it up to 30-lbs, which for our youngest was through ~2.5.

Our boys actually don't like the puddle jumpers much, as they like more freedom of movement with their arms, and I like having a handle on their jackets as well.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       04-26-2016, 8:05 AM Reply   
We had the obrien baby safe life jacket, both kids loved it. We only took them on warm days and try giving a little bit of a Popsicle to reward them for being in ge life jacket. We ended up bringing the car seat and putting on the floor and they would fall asleep. They always had there best naps in the boat. Our 4 year old still asks to go for a boat ride when she is tired.
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-26-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
This one came highly recommended and two of our kids like it best.

http://www.iboats.com/Infant-Blue-Gr...iew_id.1145674

Not having the zipper up the front and have the side clip helps
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-26-2016, 10:42 AM Reply   
We ended up buying the one I listed above. I looks like it has the lowest cut neck out of any of the infant life jackets. So we will see how it goes this weekend.

Thanks Guys

Sorry but here's a proud dad pic from the other day when he came out to help me clean the boat. You got to train them right. LOL
Attached Images

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2016, 9:59 AM Reply   
Good choice - the Stohlquist is hands down the best infant vest IMO...they stay cooler in this vest too. Have a second son wearing it now so it's also been durable.

Great looking family - enjoy brother.