Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (KSride)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-16-2016, 6:38 AM Reply   
My friend took a hard fall a few weeks back and this damage to his time bomb was one of the results. Ronix just denied his warranty claim and so he is looking to repair it since he has only had the board since August. Any input on how to repair it would be appreciated. The current plan is to spread epoxy as well as possible inside and then use a clamp to bring it together. Any thoughts on this?

Sorry for the large image size.
Attached Images

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-16-2016, 6:46 AM Reply   
Yeah I would use some JB Weld (which is epoxy based), and clamp it together.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       06-16-2016, 8:14 AM Reply   
Epowld or hysol
That is what we would use in the shop for ski dellams
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-16-2016, 9:26 AM Reply   
Oh ronix.... not surprising.

Why did they deny warranty?

I would use any kind of epoxy, spread it, fill it, clamp it.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-16-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
That's an easy one... you should see a few I have gotten in to repair... lol
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-16-2016, 10:25 AM Reply   
That board looks like it was dropped, banged or caught by the handle, maybe.

The cheapest super-glue you can get will bring it right together. I wouldn't use epoxy unless you are trying to fill and then sand something.
Old     (KSride)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-16-2016, 11:01 AM Reply   
I don't think they gave him a specific reason for denying it. Personally I don't think the board should separate that cleanly, looks as though their adhesive failed. I wasn't there when it happened but he went down on a TS roll, "scorpioned" and the board hit him in the back of the head. He had to get a few staples in his head. I had thought about super-glue but didn't think it would have enough strength.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-16-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
jesus, they denied that???? I assumed that damage was from a cable park
Old     (KSride)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-16-2016, 12:01 PM Reply   
Yeah no It's never seen the cable park, He's only had maybe 15 runs on it.

I've always thought he's too cautious with his boards (won't let anything ride in the car touching it) so I know the board hasn't seen any bumps out of the water.
Old     (KSride)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-16-2016, 2:05 PM Reply   
I want to clarify that neither the board owner or I place any blame for the damage on Ronix.

It was a freak crash, and we all know things break.

He is moving forward with the epoxy repair tonight, hopefully it will be a long term repair.

Thanks everyone for the comments.