Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-08-2016, 8:14 AM Reply   
So recently I noticed on Instagram that Danny Harf, Bob Sichel and Parks have all opened up a new wakeboard school called Lake Dayz. With a trip to Florida coming up in a short time I thought I would send an email and see if they have any available space. This morning I got this email back:

"Hey Levi,
We are good to go! Danny is available for the 19th and the 22nd. Bob wont be there on the 19th but can join us on the 22nd for the bigger group! We will be behind the Nautique G23 for both days! We will put you on the schedule. Please let us know asap if you need to make any changes to the plan!
Thanks
Lake Dayz"

Could there be a better email to "wake" up too? 2 days of wakeboarding with Danny Harf? Really? Only in wakeboarding could you hang out and ride with a pro for the day like this. We are all so excited.

I will post a full review and pics when we get back.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-08-2016, 8:22 AM Reply   
Good coaching is the best investment you can make in your wakeboarding.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-08-2016, 8:37 AM Reply   
Sikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkk
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-13-2016, 7:51 AM Reply   
Curious to how much this costs, I need a vacation and this is on the top of my list.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2016, 9:09 AM Reply   
awesome!!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-13-2016, 10:07 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, ya, we are all pretty excited about the trip. The pricing was not much different than any of the other schools, and I figured how many chances do you get to ride with a legend like D Harf! I'm on the same page as TW, we didn't go on a vacation all winter (which is LONG in Canada) so this will more than make up for it.

If you are interested in pricing or booking their email is: LakeDayz@mail.com they were super chill and easy to book with.

Cheers.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-13-2016, 11:50 AM Reply   
Im in college now so I figure it will be out of the price range for me but I'll give them a shout and see if it is feasible.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2016, 11:57 AM Reply   
Well we made it home to Canada after getting to spend the day riding with Danny Harf and Bob Sichel. Here is my review.

We were scheduled for 2 days of riding and were flying out of Houston the day that the floods hit and we were forced to cancel our first day with the guys. Everyone was easy going and didn't mind the last minute cancellation.

So we arrived at Danny's house Friday morning to see him and Bob waiting and ready to go. We did introductions and hit the lake on his G23. The first thing that struck me was how chill and down to earth both of them were. Once on the boat they were very accomdating and said we could spend the day however we wanted: wakeboarding, surfing, etc...

So we each took our first set behind the G23 and it was awesome. My first jump of 2016 was behind Danny Harfs G23 and I stuck a backroll: perfect start to the season! Throughout our rides both Danny and Bob gave excellent tips and pointers. Even after 11 years of riding we all picked up some very valuable tips. Both of them engaged with the wives and the children talking about Disney, etc... Just very genuine guys. They both also made sure that the spent their time watching us and not on their phones. In this day and age I think this is worth mentioning because often times people just escape into the phones and neither of them did this.

After our rides we asked Danny if he could go for a shred. We went back and grabbed his board and he he flagged down another G on the lake and got the guys to hop on for extra ballast. As he was getting ready to ride he pulled out his bib from the day before when he rode at the first contest of the year. He than threw it to my son and said here you go buddy, I'll just borrow one of another guy at the dock tomorrow. Talk about making a 7 year olds trip. My son didn't stop grinning ear to ear.

Danny than went out and did some very cool riding for us dropping stylish trick after stylish trick but the highlight was watching him hit G23 double ups wrapped, hitting HS7s. Wow. Just wow. That was worth the price of the lessons right there.

After this we all took another set and I finished up with a little wakesurf on the way in. When Danny started his ride he was just right at his TS wake and he just did a quick rentry backflip that was so cool. He helped me get really close to landing them, I just was landing on the top of the wake.

The guys than took the time for pics and to autograph everything we could hand them. Danny even grabbed a new copy of Defy and signed it for us.

I have to say that the day lives up to my expectations and both Danny and Bob were excellent coaches and just excellent guys overall. We will definitely be going back again in the future.

Here are a few pics from the day.
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2016, 11:59 AM Reply   
Danny and Solomon
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
Method!
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2016, 12:09 PM Reply   
Boostin!!!
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
The whole crew.
Attached Images

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-02-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
Awesome!
Old     (gmwild50)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-03-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I would love to take my son down to ride with those guys. The pricing isn't far off from our trip to OWC last year where we rode with one of the pro behind the G23.