Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-12-2014, 7:06 PM Reply   
More taxes headed our way http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...te-change.html
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-13-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
You haven't seen nothing yet . I just got notice from Humana they are raising the health insurance 136% for 2015. So much for the Affordable Healthcare Act.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-13-2014, 8:26 AM Reply   
I'd rather pay higher taxes than have my house which is 10 miles from the beach become beach front in the next 100 years oh and my insurance with Cigna went down 20%
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-13-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
we might as well move to Europe already at this point.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-13-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
I do emission testing as part of my job. I would love to test some of their facilities to get true numbers on their emissions, not what their corrupt government releases.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-14-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
Good point, Daniel. Be sure to read paragraph two. http://heartland.org/policy-document...ming-consensus
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-17-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Just one Google search of smog in China or India shows that they massively pollute beyond what we can imagine.
There used to be a PVC facility here in OKC. When the Sierra club / EPA cracked down on them they shut down that facility here along with a large amount of others like it and moved production to Mexico. Compliments of NAFTA they now don't have any pollution control or import taxes, laid off a lot of high paying U.S. jobs, then just truck the product up here.
So how did that help anything? Mexico now has a few more jobs but they are polluting the regions air and water because there is no ruling (would be paid off by corrupt officials anyways) and north America is now getting more pollution not less.

Last figures I saw China was starting up a new coal fired power plant a month. Yes some do have the latest and greatest emissions control devices installed. But every field engineer I know that has gone over there says none of it is ever turned on. So all it boils down to is persecuting us while giving the advantage to the up and coming countries whose government wants to see their country succeed.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-18-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
The jobs will continue being exported until you quit buying all that Chinese made garbage. The Chinese people can't afford it and if we quit buying it, they'll quit making it. Since you probably won't do it, then the only option is to tax it with tariffs. That is unless you'd rather all work for the same wage as your Chinese counterpart does. We could lower the corporate tax rate to zero and it would still make more sense to use foreign labor when you can trade 7.50 per hour for 75 cents per hour. Should we also lift EPA regulations here in order to compete? Would you trade the remote possibility of more jobs for poison lakes and the need to wear medical masks outside like they do in China?
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-19-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
No I would rather some common sense be put into play.
Not have special interest groups and judges who have zero clue of the science make up regulations that are killing our economy.
NAFTA needs to be repealed for sure and then as you spoke of, ad tariffs to imported goods.
Consumer demand was a small part of why production moved overseas but corporate profits have been the main driver.
I personally buy as much U.S. made products as possible.
Just wait, here soon even your cement will be imported from Mexico.