Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-20-2015, 4:18 PM Reply   
I'm stuck between choosing one of these boats. What do you guys recommend and if anybody has any surf pics or vids from either on the goofy side I would appreciate it. Money is no issue. I understand the centurion is more money. Looking for best surf wave between these boats. Thanks
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-20-2015, 5:08 PM Reply   
I know you can get an axis a20 for 53k. It's produces the best surf wake and the boat is awesome. It even comes with a depth finder and a chillax seat. It's a steal not a deal..........
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-20-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
Ok the a20!?!? Must be a joke. If anything the T22 would be the best out of the axis line. I'm just wanting opinions on the two I listed. Thanks
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-20-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
I would search for reviews from Wake9's polar bear event. Should find some reviews on the 226 for sure,not positive about the FX22.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-20-2015, 6:26 PM Reply   
the 22FX is sleek and looks good, the 226 performs but is not refined, that's why Centurion bought it
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-20-2015, 6:48 PM Reply   
You need to post that question on CenturionCrew.com. You will get tons of great feedback.
Both boats will produce an awesome goofy wave but it's all about the setup. One thing is for sure that the 226 has wayyy more freeboard.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-20-2015, 6:54 PM Reply   
Before I type a longer response. Since you are looking surf why are you not looking Enzo?

Are we talking new or slightly used?
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-20-2015, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Before I type a longer response. Since you are looking surf why are you not looking Enzo?

Are we talking new or slightly used?
The FX/FS 22 is an "ENZO"
http://www.centurionboats.com/fs22.html
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-20-2015, 7:23 PM Reply   
Slightly used...I would go with an14 or newer so I can get the cats system. I think that's my big problem. The supreme doesn't catch my eye like the fx22 but I see it kicks out a great wake as well and I could save some cash. Just looking for some advice thatbcouldnhelp me lean one way or the other.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-20-2015, 8:18 PM Reply   
Sit in both and a decision is a no brainer....Centurion is better build.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-20-2015, 8:28 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Cen...nia-47137.aspx

Drool^^^^^^^
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-20-2015, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I know you can get an axis a20 for 53k. It's produces the best surf wake and the boat is awesome. It even comes with a depth finder and a chillax seat. It's a steal not a deal..........
And a cashiers check the deal is DONE! That's funny right there!

To the OP, Both will have great wakes but you can get more adjustment and refined goofy side if you go with FX due to CATS. Because you said money was no object and assuming you primarily surf goofy I would go that route. If you like the bells/whistles and digital touch screens and rider presets then its a no brainer and your set. You will give up some freeboard as mentioned and drop an extra $15-20K.

If you don't care about the fluff and primarily surf regular side then the 226 will give you a great wave with money in your pocket.

I highly doubt you'd be disappointed with either so it's really in what options you want in the end.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-20-2015, 10:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketeer View Post
The FX/FS 22 is an "ENZO"
http://www.centurionboats.com/fs22.html
You are correct. I forgot they had the Enzo Moniker in front of the FX. Why they did that I havent a clue. The FX 22 is a completely different body than the SV Enzo's. Again tho I can't believe I flrgkt that. Like mentioned. It has zero freeboard. It's marketed also as a more wakeboard friendly version. If i was really looking surf specific I would lean towards the Enzo SV series because of the freeboard and storage space and ultimately the surf wake.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-20-2015, 11:11 PM Reply   
As far as surfing I have only surfed the FX 3 times. A buddy owns a Supreme 226 . To me the 226 was better. It had longer pocket and more surfable area. The Fx was really really low to the water compared to the 226 when listed. However the FX was much more modernized. It just had the wow factor going. The FX wakeboard wake was a bit steeper with longer transitions, and a crisper lip. I really liked it. It was way more fun than the v226 which just seemed to lack the transitions and kick.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       01-21-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
I prefer the 226 to the FX22 surf.

The fit and finish on the 226 is ...well...very plain
The FX22 is much better...

But at the end of the day are you buying a boat to ride or something to cruize around with and look at?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-21-2015, 10:17 AM Reply   
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-21-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
The 226 will out surf all the centurion models with the exception of the new FS33 and FS44. Im at work but will post pics for you tonight
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-21-2015, 3:57 PM Reply   
This is soooo hard to choose....The look and style is so much better on the fx22. I would get the fx33 but it doesn't fit in my garage because even with the tower down its too tall and I have a 8ft. door. It seems like most prefer the 226 over the fx22. I would love to see pics of each! and videos as well.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-21-2015, 5:46 PM Reply   
If you would consider a new S222, it now has quick fill ballast, with sacs on top of that along with the surf system. Def a high quality interior...I would consider it classy, not plain. It's a solid boat that will hold up nicely. So will the fx22, but for the extra $$ you could put a lot more add ons to the Supreme.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-21-2015, 7:13 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK04-tG2kFU#t=45 Here you go its the Witheralls 13 226 but shows the wave on both sides
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-22-2015, 4:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You are correct. I forgot they had the Enzo Moniker in front of the FX. Why they did that I havent a clue. The FX 22 is a completely different body than the SV Enzo's. Again tho I can't believe I flrgkt that. Like mentioned. It has zero freeboard. It's marketed also as a more wakeboard friendly version. If i was really looking surf specific I would lean towards the Enzo SV series because of the freeboard and storage space and ultimately the surf wake.
They kept the name Enzo because ethos nose of the boat is modeled after the new Ferrari Enzo, just as the previous models nose is inspired by!

If you are comparing Supreme to Centurion, I would go Centurion if it is within your budget. Just all the options and creature comforts. The FX hull is a great Surf wake! Although personally I do prefer the SV, but that is besides the point! lol The Centurion has so much more to it, GPS, Rider Profiles, more adjustments to great wake…etc, If it's a Ram Fill then even better!

As someone mentioned, if you can get a 14' with the CATS! Even a 13 would be great! As I mentioned to your question on CC! I have a great deal on my 244!!

Regardless, go with Centurion, get in each boat! Ride behind each.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-22-2015, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have owned both and sell both . . . . . My honest opinion is that the Enzo FX/FS22 (with bags) has the 2nd best "unmodified" or "stock" wave on both sides hands down, only 2nd to the FS33. CATS is amazing and a must if avl.

I have had three two2six's, and helped design the boat back in 2008 so nothing but love for the beast, the wave is amazing once dialed, but stock vs stock the Enzo wins every time. I get a new boat every year and this has been an ongoing battle between the Mrs. and me . . . . she loves the Supreme and I love the Enzo so we get into this battle every year. You can't go wrong with either it just going to come down to the deal you find . . . I have a 14' 226 priced right that needs a new home asap!
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-22-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
There is so much personal preference here, so you MUST demo the boats. The FS/FX22 is just alright by me. I have yet to ride a boat with a better set up than my SV233. I have not ridded the FS33 but I have ridden the FS44 and many other brands.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-22-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have also been in both and as said both waves are good on the goofy side.

My dislike of the FX is that the free board is so low that the person setting on the listed side in the rear corner seat gets soaked. This is not fun on a cold morning. Also the air vents point to the sky and make it very easy to take on water from a roller or a wave. And the dash just looks bolted on with wood screws.
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-23-2015, 5:39 AM Reply   
This is great information....I heard the 15 models on the supreme they had a hull change. If that is true did it affect the surf wave? Better or for worse?

I know the wave isn't just all about size. Its about push, firmness, clean lip etc.... When I watch videos like the one that Harold posted the supreme wave looks huge compared to the fx22. Is it just my eyes or is this just the case?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-23-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
Harold has a 226 and it put out a better wave then the FX44 used at Worlds last year, yes I have ridden both boats....
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-23-2015, 12:01 PM Reply   
We have a 2014 V226. It puts out a really nice clean surf wake with 1100lbs sac and 400lbs of pop bags in the rear locker with the factory center full . Our wake is every bit as good as the one in video Harold posted, get a few more people in the boat and more weight up front and it stretches out and gets even better. No complaints with the 226 wake.

I could be mistaken but it’s my understanding that the S226 hull is the same as the V226 and that the differences are minor styling tweaks above the water line to have more of a family resemblance with the S21.

More options & amenities in the Centurion. Like the difference between a Tahoe and an Escalade.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
I owned a V226 and was considering the FX22 (before deciding on my 233 Enzo) - not sure how big of a lake you're on, but if it gets decent-size waves you'll want to consider the freeboard of the S226 over the FX22? There is no comparison...the S226 sits HIGH out of the water, so if you have kids this could be considered an advantage as well. You'll likely take some rollers over the back of the FX with a 1-2' waves.

Bow size is another big factor...the S226 has a HUGE bow (can easily fit 4 people if you had to) whereas 2 adults are going to be eating their knees in the FX22. It was a big turn off for me.

Another thing to consider is that if you go with Ramfil in the FX, you will lose the 2nd rear set of in-boat speakers...so if you want to have 4 speakers in the rear, you'll either need to go without Ramfill or go with the S226.

Fit/finish/quality/gadgets...the FX is going to win hands-down. You will definitely get more storage space in the S226 (you can store a few dead hookers under that passenger compartment...or all your surfboads, depending on how you roll?)

If you have the chance to get an FX with CATS, I wouldn't hesitate over that option! Especially as a goofy rider, you'll enjoy the additional wave adjustments you will get versus the S226. I loved my V226 wave but kinda got bored with it after awhile because you really can't tune it other than trim up/down...when it comes to PUSH and larger pocket to slaysh, my Enzo crushes my V226 wave without a doubt (unfortunately I can't compare it to the FX wave since I've never personally surfed it).

Either boat, you're gonna be happy with (as you can see it's fairly evenly weighted votes for Centurion vs Supreme) - follow everyone's advice and go crawl through both and surf the dark side (properly weighted) and good luck with your decision!

Last edited by ReSession; 01-23-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-23-2015, 3:11 PM Reply   
Thanks guys....I appreciate your insight!!! This is going to be a tough decision
Old     (cstrick79)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-29-2015, 12:42 PM Reply   
I've got both boats in stock. I would be happy to ride you in both if that would help you decide.
Old     (super1990)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-24-2016, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejoeco View Post
There is so much personal preference here, so you MUST demo the boats. The FS/FX22 is just alright by me. I have yet to ride a boat with a better set up than my SV233. I have not ridded the FS33 but I have ridden the FS44 and many other brands.
What is your set up on the SV233 ?