Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old    malibu73            04-10-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
I have been riding a liquid force team 143 for the past season and a half, but had given some thought to getting a new board.

I can get some pretty good air, but seems like i don't stay up that long. I can't seem to add any grabs to my 180's or poke out anything. I am assuming it just my lack of style/experience, but would a new board help?

I was looking into getting something with more pop. Would I be able to tell a big difference or should I just save my money.
I have been looking at either a Watson, Substance, and Axis, in that order.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
Spend the cash on gas and try to ride a lot more. The team is a great board. You shouldn't have any trouble progressing on it. Air and hang time is a direct function of line tension. Work on your fundamentals and ride as much as you can!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
work on technique. a new board isn't a cure.
Old    alanp            04-10-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
a board wont help at all
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-10-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
I'd recommend lessons. That will help more than almost anything else. Also have you videotaped yourself? That helped me a lot.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
I reccomend Video taping. I just watched a video of myself. I was casing the wake S/W T/S and I saw that I was taking the worst cut ever. You might also want to try more rope length. More Rope= More Style
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, watching yourself on film helps a lot more than getting a new board. The only real reason to get a new board is if you want a different type of ride, or because your old one broke or something. I'd still be riding my substance if my knee could take it, but I needed softer landings, so I upgraded. That was the only reason. I love watching myself on film. I look like a special ed ogre on a wakeboard failing miserably at just about everything.
Old    malibu73            04-10-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
Well everyone I ride with says that i look good, but all i see are pictures, and the ones I see I don't like.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/malibu73/DSC_0558.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/malibu73/DSC_0997.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/malibu73/DSC_0758.jpg
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-11-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is like most sports - performance is about 90% skill/ability/practice and 10% equipment.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
maybe you should throw some weight in your boat. if your gonna progress, you should get used to riding with a big, meaty wake
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
more hang time and more fun, imo
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-11-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
New board wont do anything for you.

Wakeboarding improvements only come one way, and thats repitition. The more reps you get, the faster you will get better. However, to make the most of your reps, I will tell you this, wakeboarding comes down to three very simple concepts:

1. Line tension

2. Handle position

3. Timing

While these are easy concepts you will find that they arent easy to do consistently. thats what the reps get you. they teach you to master all 3 of these things simultaniously.

Dont waste money trying to buy better riding. It just doesnt work that way.