Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-31-2016, 6:52 AM Reply   
News feed this morning on my industry site says Bayliner has aquired the Wake Tractor boats.

https://view.e.aimmedia.com/?qs=61c8...b74198c4b785dd
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
That pretty much sums up wactractor right there . Guys who built it want nothing to do with it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-31-2016, 9:23 AM Reply   
I see Campion just released their new "Surfable" boats as well.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-31-2016, 5:17 PM Reply   
Jokes aside, it is hard to make sense of this. I wonder if it is simply the "money grab" that it appears to be. If the younger Dorton was that passionate about this project, he wouldn't let it go so quickly after getting it stood up to the bottom rung of Brunswick's marine holdings.

Or maybe "Heyday Inboards" was a quick r&d effort for Bryant, and now they get to spin it off for cash and apply what was learned to the Bryant line in the future.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-31-2016, 5:28 PM Reply   
I am guessing it is the later option.

Why continue on with a sub brand when you can have the real deal with your branding. It will be no competition if they drop a real drive under the bryant name,

Either that or they barely sold.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       09-01-2016, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Jokes aside, it is hard to make sense of this. I wonder if it is simply the "money grab" that it appears to be. If the younger Dorton was that passionate about this project, he wouldn't let it go so quickly after getting it stood up to the bottom rung of Brunswick's marine holdings.

Or maybe "Heyday Inboards" was a quick r&d effort for Bryant, and now they get to spin it off for cash and apply what was learned to the Bryant line in the future.

It looks like Ben Dorton is staying with the boat. As a part of the deal, he is actually joining Bayliner as the manager of business development. John Dorton is going to consult for them.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-01-2016, 8:05 AM Reply   
This makes sense to me considering the first show units looked like they had the build quality of a Bayliner. I saw this boat from day one as going down in a ball of flames. Bayliner buying it is like bringing the paddles out to revive a corpse.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-01-2016, 8:21 AM Reply   
I'm guessing they just ran out of money. All of the marketing, R&D, Mold cost, location, payroll, etc... all has brutal costs. And have they sold many of them? Doubtful. So the only way to continue is for a larger parent company to buy into it.