Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-13-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
Why does most people not allow shoes on the boat??

There is a thread going on about boat rules and I want to say near a 100% of the people said NO SHOES.

Do you take your shoes off in your car??

Am I missing something??
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-13-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
People track sand into the carpet, the sand becomes attached to feet, shoes, whatever, they step on the gunnel... ie gelcoat, bam scratched gel coat, granted such scratches are easily buffed out but why bother if you can keep the boat a little bit cleaner as well...
my .02

I also wanted to say, I am not ridiculously anal about that rule, but as a general rule no shoes, if they are flip flops, they usually don't hold much/anything on the bottom, the shoes are removed before stepping in usually and placed in a storage compartment that is out of the way...

(Message edited by wakebordr11 on November 13, 2005)
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-13-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Not sure about the shoe thing myself big ed. Personally, everyone I know only wears flops or nothing at all, even when it's cold. You are right though, if they're stepping on the carpet and not on the uphosltry, what's the big deal. Carpet cleans.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
ok here's our reason for the shoe rule... we don't have a snap in carpet, a lot of boats don't and its a pain in the butt to get the carpet cleaner in the boat. If you can keep if from getting dirt in it or a stain on it to begin with, it makes it MUCH easier to keep up with.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
ed and i may not agree on a lot of things, but that's one of the cool things about riding w/ ed. come as you are, be comfortable and have fun. you're not inspected, you're not under a microscope, if it's cold, he doesn't tell you to take off your socks and shoes, and if something should go wrong, he shrugs his shoulders and says, "no big deal dude, it can be fixed (or cleaned)." don't get me wrong, he expects people that ride in his boat to treat it like theirs, but maybe that's why ed doesn't freak out over the little things, is because people do treat his boat like their own.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-13-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
On my last boat, someone got black tar on the bottom on their shoes from the parking lot. Needless to say once it got into the carpet, it didn't come out! Plus, some people step on my seats with their shoes on, which is real hard on the upholstery. I prefer no shoes! (Plus the ladies can show-off their painted toenails and toe rings!)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-13-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
WOW Joe is that you....???

Did someone steal your password???

J\k dude.. Tho everything what you said is true,you made me respect you in a different level.Sometimes I think if I didn't post so much on WW that you and I would be still friends.

Thanks dude....
Old    walt            11-13-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'd say Joe is spot on with his post.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-13-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
I normaly like the to have no shoes or they can wear sandals. If they have shoes I wont say anything but I would rather them not wear them

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-13-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
no shoes...the boat get to dirty..
Old    justsomeguy            11-13-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
Until the recent threads re: alcohol and "boat rules" I had no idea that so many boat owners were so irrationally uptight.

It's just a boat, not fragile fine china, priceless jewelry, etc.

Boats get dirty. Then they get cleaned.
Hopefully somehwere in there people manage to have fun while worrying about shoes, dark beer, koolaid, etc. ad naseum.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
JustSomeGuy,

There is nothing wrong with having pride in your stuff and wanting to take care of it so it lasts longer. I'd like to see how your boat looks after couple years of shoes, dark beer and koolaid...

And if you think those of us with "rules" are uptight and irrational, well so be it. We will have more time on the water and more money in our pockets from less cleaning time and supplies.
Old    justsomeguy            11-13-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
"We will have more time on the water and more money in our pockets from less cleaning time and supplies."

What a silly silly assumption.

Oops, my bad. Just checked your profile for the first time.

Anyone who refers to their boat as "only child" and creates a goofy webpage chocked-full of bad photos and insipid commentary obviously has issues that go WAY beyond a bunch of rules.

Have fun with your china, I mean boat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
Wearing shoes is fine in our boat as long as you don't do a dance on the upholstery, not for the dirt but because of the scuffing and pulling on the stitching. Anything that can be cleaned/polished doesn't faze me in the slightest.
Old    mendo247            11-13-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
ed- i thought about what you said "do you take your shoes off in your car" after thinking about it for awhile cars have floor mats to catch dirt and what ever else your shoes may bring, you dont walk on your cars paint and hopefully your not walking all over your cars interior..

i say no to shoes while in the boat.. infact i dont think ive ever had to say it(well maybe once or twice).. seems to me my group of friends and even new people who have came on the boat for the first time take them off out of respect..even when i was rockin my 89 sanger no shoes.. ive never worn shoes sandals or any type of footwear into anyone elses boat out of that same respect..if it makes me uptight because i dont like shoes in my boat go ride with someone else..

"irrationally uptight" come on man.. im sure everyone on here who doesnt want shoes in their boat wouldnt wear their shoes in yours.. id be more than happy to get or give a pull from anybody on this site regardless of there boat rules..
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-13-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
Justsomeguy,
Where do you get off. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is no reason to be rude or to down right be an A$$. My wife is not a prude nor is she uptight. These were just disscussions to be posed to people within the WW community. Several people have different rules. There is no need for the personal attacks. If you don't like the disscussion topic then avoid the theard. The personal attacks just prove that you are an *%$#(*^)(%!
Old    justsomeguy            11-13-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
Dear Tater,

If my posts upset you, please ignore them. For your sake.

Your assumption (that I don't like the discussion topic) is way off base. I LOVE the discssion topic as it makes me laugh a great deal.

Good luck!

p.s. Just because someone is entitled to their opinion doesn't mean that their opinion can't be discussed (please see the defintion of "discussion board")
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
I agree with Renee, if your gonna spend a ton of money on a nice boat, take care of the damn thing. Id rather spend my time on the lake then cleaning the carpets from shoe prints and other crap that got spilled. But if you all wanna spend your time cleaning go for it, just means better water for me
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-13-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
for all the people who have that "no-shoe rule" in their boat, when you take your "only child" in for service do you tell whoever takes your info to make sure the mechanic doesn't wear his shoes in your boat?

I've worn my shoes in people's boats; although, I never step on the upholstery or gel coat with my shoes. I also check the bottoms of my shoes before I step on the carpet.

If I owned my own boat, I would expect the same behavior from anyone else.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-13-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
see thane, even some of my regulars are airheads and hop right in with shoes on and I have to pull "wtf man I told you so as I see a huge brown mark on the carpet" For those of you who criticize people for taking extreme pride in their boats, I say f*ck you... the only reason I have my boat is my parents, the only reason I get to use it is because I make sure it stays in pristine shape and it is my hard work that goes into making it look good...Am I complaining, nope but I don't expect my hardwork to be neglected by ANYONE... friends don't chip in, parents are busy, siblings don't have a clue how to clean... so basically I am stuck with this investment until I get out of college and am able to afford a new boat every other year, and then I won't have to worry about making a 6+ year old boat look like its 2 years old... which is what I have
justsomeguy... I'm sorry I don't see a boat listed in your profile, which one is it that you show off? Maybe I'm out of line but if you don't have one/the responsibility, then you do not have an opinion, much less derogatory marks to be made towards others for taking pride in their prized possessions...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
duane, your post was fine till you decided to go the route of cursing at us. so f*ck you, too.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
The no shoes rule allowed me to sell my 340 hour 2 year old boat for what I paid for it...We had a ton of fun with it but it is an investment and if you want a new one every few years it is easier to sell if it looks good.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
a boat is not an investment. it will always be a liability unless you find a sucker to pay more than what you paid. those are hard to find these days.

on that note, yes, i've worn my shoes on friends' boats. only because i had their "of course you can" approval. that doesn't mean i dance around the interior. i lay out a towel if i need to step on the seats/sun deck. otherwise, i limit my "walking with shoes on" on the floor of the boat.

i've also ridden with those that take their shoes off. no biggie. i just follow their lead.

i've eaten food/snacks and drank water/soda/beer/well drinks in their boats. i make a mess, i clean it up.

i'm also a smoker. if the boat owner says no smoking, no big deal. i don't smoke. if it's limited to the back of the boat, no big deal, i smoke on the platform. to this day (*knockin' on wood*), i've never burned an interior.

i've been invited back to 99% of the boats i've ridden in. i'm not so sure that the 1% had something to do with my boating manners, rather, my posting manners in here.
Old     (ruffneckrider)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Big Ed for being a great host this weekend and making my birthday so fun! I agree w/ Joe Being on Ed's boat rocks! (note to self "stay off the vinyl")
Old    justsomeguy            11-13-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
I'm sorry Duane, I didn't know that owning a boat was a prerequsite for being amused by people who apparently have way too much of their self-worth tied up in a toy (even a toy that mommy and daddy bought for them. Sound familiar?).

Yes Duane, people can have opinions about all kinds of superficial behavior relating to material things, without owning the material posession in question.

My suggestion to you is to perhaps enroll in a rhetoric and/or logic class before you leave college.

You might look like less clueless if you pay attention in those classes.

Study hard!

p.s. Since you asked, here's my red wine, ravioli, dark beer, red koolaid, crumbly cookies, pesto pasta salad, etc., etc. toy:

(WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! There's a messy dog in one of the pictures so anal folks need to use caution when viewing!)

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-13-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
sweet boat, and it looks like you take nice care of it, but I just couldn't understand why you were seemingly attacking people for being a hair obsessive... and perhaps I was out of line with the f*ck you line, so sorry for that, heated up with homework right now, switch between seasons, sorry everyone!
and to Joe, thanks for reminding me of my accounting test upcoming, a boat is not as asset till it is paid off, till then it is a liability
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
duane, no worries man. just remember you're allowed to argue your point w/o resorting to cursing.

quote:

but I just couldn't understand why you were seemingly attacking people for being a hair obsessive.

maybe because in his opinion, he thinks they're being a hair obsessive.

good luck on your test.

justsomeguy, those pics are sick! they're taken at powell, right? so when are you taking me to powell with you? i promise i won't wear shoes or bring food that requires consumption with a fork/spoon.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-13-2005, 7:59 PM Reply   
on the record, I would allow shoes no problem if I had snap out carpet, one the pet peeves of my older boat... snapout carpet was not mainstream...
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-13-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
Ha! Ha! I can see from the picture why just some guy feels that he shouldn't worry about his possesions so much..Nothing wrong with that..Don't bash the others though. The shoes on the gelcoat would always happen in the same place, so over a few years it would be noticable, and the upholstry is deffinitly a no no. Even though the vinal is synthetic it will wear out and if you get something nasty on it esp. grease it can be hard to get out. Don't forget to use formula 303 twice a year it really helps, and the price has come down alot since the early days. I remember how i first found out about it when i had the front in of my car wraped in clear bra plastic. I used too use that stuff once a month and it really preserved the plastic and made it so much easier too clean. As far as the carpets the best way to preserve them of course is no shoes. If you do allow shoes vacumn then use a small carpet rake and vacumn again. You would really be surprised how much more dirt u get up. Any kind of steam cleaning really is not good for the carpet unless it's a last resort. The wetness is not good for the backing and the chemicals are not good for the fibers. Saying this long boring post sorry folks i have one more tip. When you finish vacuming your boat and you see nasty spots take a hot hot towel over 130 deg not soaking wet though and pat those nasty icky's off the carpet , but try not to get the backing wet this esp. true if you have tar or whatever grease. If you have any crap left get some goof-off and put 1 or 2 drops on the nasty pat with hot clean white towel.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Go to any of the top wakeboard camps and try to get in one of their boats with your shoes on. NOT!!! You will get your sh$t called every time.
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-13-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
Justsomeguy- That water looks filthy. I can't believe you would drop your white boat into water that appears to be surrounded by red clay. The absolute shame and horror! Your investment just depreciated 5% due to the dirt ring on your hull. I hope those incredible pictures are with the depreciation hit!!!!
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-13-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
WHEW good thing I'm not takin my ravioli eatin, red wine swillin' cheetos wavin, beer spillin, shoe wearin' ass to wakeboard camp.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   

quote:

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 9:37 pm:

WHEW good thing I'm not takin my ravioli eatin, red wine swillin' cheetos wavin, beer spillin, shoe wearin' ass to wakeboard camp.

that's 2 of us. i'm pretty lucky that i can ride w/ pros, and get tips from them. oh, they eat, drink and let dogs in their boats.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
Ed has got be one of the coolest, most laid back, boat owners I have ever been out with! I got a chance to ride with him yesterday and someone (not me, thank goodness!) got permanent marker ( atleast 6-7" worth) on his driver's seat! When he saw it, he very calmly just said, "I'm sure I can get it out". My boat is about 1/5th the price of his and I would have been more upset about it than he was.

Ed- Thank's again for taking me out. Your boat, and wake, is amazing! Hope to be able to do it again!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 11:05 PM Reply   
Within your house, do you walk on your sofas with shoes on?

I don't want your heels marking the vinyl and I don't want your shoes stepping on my toes.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
This is somewhat unrelated, but...

Do you ever think about what your shoes step in every day?

I mean, have you ever looked at the floors of most men's rooms?

Pretty sick to think about. Next time you grab the bottom of your shoes, you may want to wash your hands.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-14-2005, 12:10 AM Reply   
Richard ~ Car has floor mats true.....why can't you lay a towel down on the floor if you are so concerned.

Shawn ~ You are welcome my man,please come do it again soon... you,Kammi and Star.

Trevor,thanks for the kind words,you are always welcome back on my boat.(Gordon too)

Don't get me wrong guys,I take my shoes off on OTHER peoples boats.I respect the fact that some people don't like shoes on their boat and I'm not trying to change your mind either.From personal experience,being anal about something,you are just asking for trouble and something always happens to it even worse.

Have fun and enjoy your awsome toy!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-14-2005, 12:50 AM Reply   
I am with Ed, it is a toy use it. Ever take a brand new dirt bike and crash it or an offroad vehicle and beat the crap out of it? My Suburban at 500 miles was covered in mud and with under 10K miles had scratches front to back from branches. Isn't that why we own toys to use them? Would I do that to your truck? Not unless you wanted me too...

I wore shoes in my boat, walked all over the interior in shoes and let my 90lb hairy dog in with her claws all over the interior, and guess what? it looked great the day I sold it. The interior had no tears over a 1/2" and all had been stopped from spreading with super glue. I rarely cleaned it because I would rather have spent time using it. Wipe down? Is that something we do with our cars after driving them in the rain? No way! I even took a garden hose into the carpet once to clean the boat. Used the wet/dry vac to suck the water back up then let it air dry for a couple of days. Ran a power buffer over the gel coat a couple of times a year to keep it shiny. My biggest rule "THE BOAT DOES NOT TOUCH THE DOCK". Always tie it as someone holding will slip up and let it hit the dock. If the boat is near a dock fenders are out.

Oh my...even worse it was stored outdoors for seven years! The day the new owner came out for a test drive he was blown away by how clean it was :-)

Other peoples boats...well they are the captain and that is the end of that! There is nothing wrong with taking pride in ownership and keeping something in perfect condition if that is what you want. The no shoes is pretty much a given rule.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-14-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
I sat and read this entire post and I was really not going to say much since I have a no shoes in the boat rule, but what the heck. I was thinking about some of the things people brought up such as "Richard ~ Car has floor mats true.....why can't you lay a towel down on the floor if you are so concerned" well wouldnt it just be easier to ask people to remove their shoes then to lay towels down on the floor and seats. I am super laid back about riding in my boat and have only 3 real rules...No shoes, if you want to smoke you have to smoke on the swin step and no Mustard.. The Mustard thing is mainly because if you spill some on the seats it takes forever to get out even if you scrub it for days. Otherwise thats it, have fun thats what the boat is for. I have a lot of freinds that allow shoes in thier boat but I take mine off anyway. I just figure that there is that one time that someone has say something a little sticky on thier shoe, they step on a tiny peice of broken glass and it sticks to their shoe, then they are getting in the boat and in a rush to get away from the dock and then happen to accidently step on your seat. they put a small cut in the seat and your out $150 to fix it. Any how everyone is differnt and the thing to do is just ask. People who ride with me know my rules, I am not an A@#hole about them I just say hey do you mind taking off you shoes... no big deal. I take pride in my boat and enjoy the fact that it looks almost as nice as the day I bought it. I also know that when I go to sell it to get the next boat I will get top dollar for it. Again to each their own.
Old    upupnaway            11-14-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
We just purchased a new boat this year and have employed a no shoe rule. It would not really bother me, except for the fact that there is gravel on every boat lauch I use.

Smoking is only allowed on the swim deck.
As far as drinks and snacks go, we used to bring a variety of drinks and chow, but it remained untouched. We have since decided that water was the only thing moving, so that is all we bring.

I am really lucky as far as boat care goes. Every person in my crew is great with the whole boat care thing.
Old    justsomeguy            11-14-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
"justsomeguy, those pics are sick! they're taken at powell, right? so when are you taking me to powell with you? "

We're taking next year off to clean the boat so the soonest it will be back on the water would be 2007.

When using our boat at Powell EVERYONE on board must be comfortable with impromptu inter-fleet bottle rocket wars that can break out at a moment's notice.

So grab some bottle rockets from your friendly local Native Americans (Moapa Tribal Enterprises Smoke Shop between Vegas and Mesquite is highly recommended) and start practicing.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-14-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
"Do you take your shoes off in your car??"

No. But I don't need to walk on the paint or upholstery to get in and out either.
Old     (airbesar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
We have the no shoes rule in the summer, when it's hot and the advantage to the boat from no shoes outweighs any need to wear shoes. When the temps are cold, we have winter rules, which allow for shoes, because the need to stay warm outweighs the advantage to the boat of keeping the shoes off.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-14-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
We found some fleece slippers that work real nice for the winter time. They have a soft plastic sole so water doesn't soak through (similar to PJ's with feet soles) and they zip up to cover your ankles. They are never worn outside the boat so the soles never get dirty.

Got them for $5.99 at Walgreen's. LOVE THEM!
Old    justsomeguy            11-14-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
LOL!

I can just see the inmates lining up on the dock to put on their Walgreens fleece slippers (with zip up ankles!) before boarding the SS Gulag.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-14-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Justsomeguy - why do you find the need to constantly act like an ass? So what they have there own rules, and you have yours. Would you like me go on rambling about your rules and how stupid they are blah blah blah.... There is nothing wrong with taking care of your boat, but obviously you dont care about that. Good luck selling a boat looking all
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-14-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Renee V ~ that's what I need to do but it's hard to expect everybody to have shoes JUST for the boat tho there is a few people already I know of that do.

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on November 14, 2005)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-14-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
justsomeguy, you stated your opinion, that's cool but no need to trash everyone who has a diffrent view, to each his own. Psyclone & Joe on your quote about red wine swillin, beer spilling, good message for all the young riders out there, thanks for shareing.
Old    justsomeguy            11-14-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
Dear Eric,

What rules are you going to comment on? Please explain. Thanks.

"Good luck selling a boat looking all •••••••"

Awesome assumption Einstein! How can you possibly know what condition my boat is in, or will be? How can you possibly assume that I don't care about taking care of my boat? Really. Take a couple of deep breaths and think about your idiotic assumptions lest you look like an even bigger numbskull the next time you try to post something that makes sense.

Dear Randy,

So sorry to cause you so much distress. The picture of people wearing Walgreens special fleece slippers on a boat to protect it from evil shoes was just another very funny addition to an already hilarious series of threads.

Hopefully El Capitain of the SS Gulag has thicker skin than you and Eric.
Old    mendo247            11-14-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
and another episode of WHEN GOOD THREADS GO BAD!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-14-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Big Ed,

Most of our winter riding is with a few close friends all of which own boats and have the same "no shoes" rule. After one winter of them freezing their toes off or getting their sockies wet, they are just waiting for Walgreens to stock up on slippers. You don't see the ankle slippers with soft plastic soles much and they were the only place that had them.

I believe that if you feel you have a good idea, share it so others can benefit from it too.
Old    jayp            11-14-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
We ride in drysuits when it is cold outside. I don't expect people to be walking around the dock barefoot in 50 degree weather. So shoes are allowed on the boat.

In the summer I don't see a problem with getting in the boat with shoes on and then taking them off. Sometimes when you pick someone up at a crowded dock you need to get them and go. If they have thier shoes on I am not going to hold things up while they take thier shoes off.

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-14-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
Randy,
Why don't you go hold hands with yourself and sing Kumbaya. For the children. In case you hadn't read the thread, I made a humorous comment relating to some peoples' anal obsession with objects they own and what people might think about them if they're perceived not to have taken care of their objects. I'm sorry you don't have a sense of humor, that must suck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
you mean you really don't eat raviolis in boats???

randy, you might wanna learn to or or even .

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-14-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
No shoes on the boat. You won't see me stress off spilled beer on the carpet, but shoes grinding in dirt and standing on the vinyl is no good. In the winter, ya better bring your slippers.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-14-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
J-Rod

I had my shoes on in your boat. haha. J/K. We take our shoes off every time we are in a customers boat just out of respect. Most people that I have ever had on the boat just seem to take there shoes or flip flops off.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-14-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
I find that clam sauce doesn't stain my carpet as much as marinara, so I stick to linguini in the boat. With white, not red, of course. I take my Gucci loafers off before I dine.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-14-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
Justsomeguy - Frankly I don’t care what rules you have on your boat, nor do I care if you trash or take care of your boat. But there is no need for people like you to come in here talking others rules, its just shows a lack of immaturity on your part. It’s their boat, they can do whatever they want on it, just like you can do whatever you want on your boat... It’s a matter of opinion, maybe you should get an understanding of that before you come on here talking crap about others methods, Einstein…

(Message edited by mjfan23 on November 14, 2005)
Old    justsomeguy            11-14-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
Eric,

It's too bad that you didn't follow my advice as you've made yourself look like an even bigger numbskull with your latest post.

"It’s a matter of opinion, maybe you should get an understanding of that before you come on here talking crap about others methods,"

Which part of "discussion board" are you struggling with?

This might help with the irritation issues that you are suffering from:

(you can get some when you pop on down to Walgreens to grab some nifty winter boat slippers!)

edit- Oops, my bad. I just checked your profile and now I understand why your posts are so incoherent.

I still recommend a trip down to Walgreen's for you but be sure to run that "special" purchase by mom first, ok?

(Message edited by justsomeguy on November 14, 2005)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-14-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
justsomeguy, If all you have to say is negitive, quit posting, your last responce to Eric was just rude dude!!!
Old    justsomeguy            11-14-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
"If all you have to say is negitive (sic), quit posting, your last responce (sic) to Eric was just rude dude!!!"

Dear Randy,
Thank you for your kind message and thanks for laying out the rules for me to continue posting. Since not everything I have written, or will write in the future, is/will be negative, I'll just keep on posting. Whoopy!

In the meantime, you should get together with Eric and study up on the defintion of "discussion."

Good luck and all of my best,

JSG

p.s Got fleece slippers?

Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-14-2005, 10:29 PM Reply   
Justsomeguy, I am trying to figure out that first picture of you at Powell. Were you stuck in a canyon or something? I have not had the chance to go to Powell, hope to soon, but it looks like you are trying to keep yourself off the rock walls? Whats the deal with it?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2005, 10:35 PM Reply   
to me it looks like they're guiding themselves in between the rocks, to go deeper maybe?
Old    justsomeguy            11-14-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
It's Cathedral Canyon and it gets really narrow in spots and then opens up for a while, then gets really narrow until you finally can't get any farther up the canyon.

When it's narrow you just push yourself through to get to the next wide spot.

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-15-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
justsomeguy,
Randy didn't make the rules of this discussion board. DW did. Please read and keep them in mind.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3327/3327.html?0 Thanks.
Old    justsomeguy            11-15-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Dear notidad,

Why do you assume that I haven't read the rules?

I've read them, don't see any problems and will keep on posting on. Thanks for your concern though.

JSG

p.s. I know that Randy doesn't make the rules. My post was a tongue-in-cheek way of pointing that fact out to dear Randy. Sorry you missed the joke. Really.

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-15-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
whatever..........
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-15-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
well that killed an hour
Old    low_key_wake            11-15-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
Wish I had a boat to be anal about.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Justsomeguy –
I find it funny that you continually find the need to act like a 12 year old. Maybe one day you will grow up and gain some maturity, but until then you should stop posting because no one wants to hear your crap. A discussion board is not for acting like the immature person you are, it is for posting comments, and helping others out…

Like I have already stated, but you weren’t smart enough to comprehend, you have your opinions, and I have mine. Where in your opinions do you gain the right to call someone’s ideas stupid, or anal? If you have your opinions state them, but there’s no need for calling people stupid, anal, no fun…. If you disagree with them cool, that’s your opinion, they probably disagree with some of your rules, but you don’t see them jumping all over you calling you stupid, anal….

As for your pathetic insult, is that the best you could come up with? If that’s the best you got maybe you should go back to high school and learn some stuff, but then again at the maturity level that you have shown, I am not sure if you have graduated from high school.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-15-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
i hate to break it to you, but finding someone's idea anal is an opinion.

quote:

It’s a matter of opinion, maybe you should get an understanding of that before you come on here talking crap about others methods, Einstein…

quote:

I find it funny that you continually find the need to act like a 12 year old. Maybe one day you will grow up and gain some maturity,

quote:

but then again at the maturity level that you have shown, I am not sure if you have graduated from high school.

pot meet kettle.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
Good point, I am just getting sick of hearing him puting others ideas/methods down (thats not what wakeworld is about). You are correct, it is my opinion when I say he has the maturity level of a 12 year old, but really what person has to stoop so low as to make personal insult, let alone a crappy one, about age. YOU WERE 17 TOO AT ONE POINT.

(Message edited by mjfan23 on November 15, 2005)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-15-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
Just like your mature antics on the Lakers thread, right Eric?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
What my dislike for a team and a player...
Old    justsomeguy            11-15-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Dear Eric,

This message should be very gentle in appreciation of your age and obvious lack of critical thinking skills. Here we go. Hold on!

"you should stop posting because no one wants to hear your crap."

How can you possibly know that Eric? Are you psychic? Did you poll everyone that has read this thread? Think about it a bit before posting next time. Please. For your sake. Eric, your comments about me not being able to comprehend your ilogical immature rants are way off base but confirm the challenges that you face with critical thinking. I wish you luck in working through those issues!

"they probably disagree with some of your rules"

How can someone disagree with the only rule that I have, which is "have fun"? Please try to think again if you're going to try and reply. Thanks.

"YOU WERE 17 TOO AT ONE POINT"

We agree!! Isn't that wonderful Eric? The difference is that even at 17, I wasn't half as confused as you are.

Isn't that great?

Sincerely, one of your newest and biggest fans,

JSG

Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-15-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Har, some funny stuff, right there.

As for the original question, I buy my toys to use. I take very good care of them, but they are replaceable. I don't let petty worries of overt cleaniless ruin a good time. Remember, "crap" wipes up..........
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-15-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
It's gonna be a long winter!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
justsomeguy-

"they probably disagree with some of your rules"
PROBABLY being the key word there, and I highly doubt thats your only rule.

"YOU WERE 17 TOO AT ONE POINT"

We agree!! Isn't that wonderful Eric? The difference is that even at 17, I wasn't half as confused as you are.

Isn't that great?

Was that another lame attempt at an insult again?? Your good at those.

(Message edited by mjfan23 on November 15, 2005)
Old     (andyh)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-15-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
shoes just track sand and mud into your boat.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-15-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
Eric, you were totally correct when you said it was his "lack of immaturity":-)

Machew, right you are!
Wait until January or so