Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wkbrdindmax)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-11-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
This turned out really long, so here's the Cliff Notes version: I bought new Transcend from Buywake, it came with chipped tips and a big stain. I called that day, they took a month to finally take it back and look at it. Now they're doing nothing. Don't purchase from Buywake, ever.

Ok, Here's what happened. I purchased a 2008 Transcend Platinum 142 from Buywake.com on August 1st. This board was on sale at the time, priced at ~ $380. When the board arrived on August 11th, it had chips missing on both the nose and tail tip edges. There was also a 15 to 18 inch yellow stain, about 1 inch wide, running from the tail tip towards where the back boot would sit. I immediately called Buywake and told them of my issue. I was told that because it was likely a warranty issue, because it wasn't due to shipping damage (the box was undamaged and unpunctured), and because it was purchased on sale, I could not return the board. My only choice was to pursue replacement under warranty. I was instructed to email pictures of the board to Buywake which I did that very afternoon. I was also told to go ahead and ride the board as long as I didn't worsen the stain and/or chips.

I didn't hear from anyone and so over the next two weeks I emailed twice more. The first was unanswered, the second was met with a response that a employee had quit and deleted the inbox, and that they just had received my email. For the next two weeks or so, I sent numerous pictures for their review. Finally, I was given a warranty return number and told to send it back, at my cost. Today they received my board and told me that it would not be covered. They said the chips off the tail and the stain were probably just from daily use, even though they have pictures of it the minute it came out of the box showing these defects. In addition, when pulling my boots off, I found the beginnings of a pulled insert. One screw hole was raised and the top glass was obviously being forced up by the insert. Buywake said this was not covered either and to ride until the insert actually gave out. My board is now being shipped back as is. While no mention of cost has been made today, when I sent it in I was told if it wasn't replaced it'd be sent back at my cost.

Buywake didn't take into consideration that they're employee screwed up and wouldn't me return it. They didn't take into consideration that they likely had a future pulled insert on their hands and moved to take preventative action. They didn't take into consideration that a college student had paid nearly $400 for a top of the line wakeboard only to have it arrive chipped and stained and in subpar condition. They didn't take into consideration that they had me spend another $50 or more in shipping just to have them reject it. They simply looked and saw they didn't HAVE TO do anything, so they didn't.

My crew and I have two CWB Marius foams, a CWB Marius platty, two Transcend foams, and the Transcend platty I purchsed. This doesn't include the CWB Sol, CWB Hood, and two CWB Tattoos that we have as beginner/guest boards. Obviously, we love Cdub products. However, I will never purchase anything from Buywake again. I'm writing this post simply to educate and save the general wake community the heartache I've gone through. Buy from a local shop, buy from eBay, buy from whomever, just don't buy from Buywake.