Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-05-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
I have a boat trailer with surge actuated disk brakes. I have a 7-5 pin adapter. Last week the truck got backed in a little too far and I had water pouring out of my adapter. Ever since, I can' not back up the trailer - the brakes lock up on the trailer. I checked all of the fuses in the fuse panel - all of them. I replaced the 7-5 pin adapter. I checked all of the wiring on the trailer and am able to release the lock out mechanism by flipping my 5 pin plug upside down and turning on my lights. What am I missing? Is there a fuse somewhere that I am not finding?

2005 Chevy 2500HD crew cab 4x4.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-05-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Are your reverse lights on the truck turning on when in reverse?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-05-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have had this problem before as well Cole,

make sure you check the fuses under the hood.. for the back up lights.
you may even have a seperate fuse for the trailer wiring back up lights.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-05-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightv10 View Post
I have had this problem before as well Cole,

make sure you check the fuses under the hood.. for the back up lights.
you may even have a seperate fuse for the trailer wiring back up lights.
What the hell. I completely forgot about the frickin fuse box under the hood. I went through all the fuses on the side of the dash and kept thinking there should be more fuses. Thanks for the help. I had a blown "trl bu" fuse blown. Go figure
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-05-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
they also make a little "key" that you can slip in the trailer tounge to mechanically lock out the brakes.. good to have in the old tool box as well
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-05-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
It will be one of the fuses under the hood. Will probably say Trailer Lights or something similar....
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-05-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightv10 View Post
they also make a little "key" that you can slip in the trailer tounge to mechanically lock out the brakes.. good to have in the old tool box as well
I got one with the boat but lost it somewhere - I will be looking for one.