Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-21-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
Need to plan another trip to OWC
Attached Images

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-04-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
Hey Mike, We're hoping to hit Lake George in July for the Castaway MC event. Nice lake but really hard to find good water when the wind blows
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-04-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
Your right .We keep our boat in water so whenever it isn't we're out there.Mornings are mostly calm as well as around dusk.Those are also the best times to avoid other boat traffic.We go out around 6;00 am ,it doesn't get busy till around 11:00 am.Same at night.The folks from Adirondack Marine, who have been boarding on lake for generations are out around same times.They sell Correct Craft and Tige.Castaway who sells Mastercraft have there tournaments every year with riders from around the region.What i like is the lake is among the cleanest in the world.Look into my wake pic see how aqua blue the water is .I have been going there since i was a kid.Don't forget to dodge th parasailing boats,but they aren't out till mid-morning.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-06-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
Never ridden there but been out on the lake a few times with my inlaws. They live about 30 miles from Lake George. Usually too rough to ride IMO but it's a gorgeous lake. We docked at a restaurant called Algonquin for lunch on our last trip and there was a ski/wake school beside it with a MasterCraft X something. Rates were ridiculous though.

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-07-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
Mike- My GF's mom has a house on Lake George and she really wants us to come visit this summer(not looking forward to it). Any chance we could meet up for a pull or two or do you know anyone who would be willing to give us a pull and make the trip go by faster? I am a boat owner and am good for gas/cleanup/beer or whatever else.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-07-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
Ryan.Ha ha,know what you mean!!What week you up?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-07-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
Not sure yet. I just saw your thread and it made me think of the trip this summer. I'll hit u up when we figure out dates?
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-08-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Yup,more the merrier.Not sure when we,re going yet either.Not sure if you,ve been there before but there's plenty of shopping and restraurants in the village.then there's the Great Escape six flags amusement park just outside of village.Plenty of parasailing boats .I like hitting the water in am then going to village during middle of day then hitting water in pm,then have a fire in pit at end of day.It,s so quiet at night up there in mts.Get a good night sleep and do it all over again!

Last edited by slowwwflowww; 02-08-2012 at 2:57 PM.