Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jrhodeho)      Join Date: May 2010       07-25-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I was wondering if I am running the right prop on my 1999 Centurion Elite V? It has an OJ 12.5X13 on it now. Elevation where is use the boat is about 1800-2200ft here in Arizona. RPMS max out around 4500. Thinking of getting a Acme prop from what I hear but not sure which one. 3 blade or 4? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Justin
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
I know that you definitely will want the 4 blade. Just give acme a call, they are good guys, real helpful on the phone. What lake do you get out to? We are always at saguaro during the week
Old     (jrhodeho)      Join Date: May 2010       07-25-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
So I called Acme and they recomended the 525 which is a 3 blade. They also said 579 which is a 4 blade. Anyone have ant ideas on one over the other? Joey, we ride all over the valley. Saguaro gets pretty busy and my wife hates the parking and boat launch there so we usually will go to canyon or roosevelt.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   
Belive it or not the 3 blade is a much better choice for the Centrurion with their engine and tranny. Also that hull and particular boat also runs best with the upgraded Acme 3 blade. Acme's 3 blade has more surface area then the the four blade in those specific props. I am assuming you have the Merc 350 mag tow sports in there.

I used to be a Centurion rep and ditched the 4 blade for the 3 per Acme's recommendatio and was the best thing. You wont lose any top end either. It will also give the wake a little more lip as the 3 blade allows the boat to ride a little different in the water.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-25-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
As a prop dealer, I am often asked what I would run on my boat. The 525 with normal ballast would be my choice for that boat. If I were surfing, I would be looking at the 11.5 pitch prop.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2011, 9:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhodeho View Post
So I called Acme and they recomended the 525 which is a 3 blade. They also said 579 which is a 4 blade. Anyone have ant ideas on one over the other? Joey, we ride all over the valley. Saguaro gets pretty busy and my wife hates the parking and boat launch there so we usually will go to canyon or roosevelt.
Saguaro can get pretty hairy sometimes. I never bother going to any lake over the weekend. Normally have pretty good luck going tues/wed/thurs evenings. But every now and then you get one random weekday where everyone and there extended families decided to go out.