Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-25-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
I am running 3 reversible pumps total to fill 3 sacs (2 rear and 1 front). We are always waiting a lot of extra time for the front sac to fill (it's larger, a longer distance away, and a jabsco while the others are johnsons). I was thinking of adding a tsunami 800 or 1200 to help filling (not draining) the front sac. The intake for this would be on the very back of the boat...would this have enough push to fill a sac all the way in the front of the boat that is sitting up on the seats? It would be a 15-20 foot run and up a couple feet. I just don't want to spend $$ for another reversible when I have all the parts for the tsunami on hand.

TIA
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-25-2014, 5:27 PM Reply   
That's quite a bit of a run. You'll Also need to add a check valve in there to prevent siphoning back out. Personally just throw the tsunami over the side and fill it will the other reversible is filling it too . Give you a way quicker fill time. Get one of fly highs check valve adapters so when you disconnect the throw over pump no water gushes out.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-25-2014, 6:18 PM Reply   
You could put that tsunami pump in line with the reversible pump and have it switched with a separate switch. That way when you are filling the sack the tsunami will pull some of the water thru the hose then push it into the sac. Put it about 2/3 the way thru your 20' run. Then for draining it would not be turned on and the water would flow thru it in reverse. I have a longer line that I fill a sac above the front bow seats in my boat and have 2 tsunami pumps on 1 line and it works great, some good pressure coming out of the hose into the sac.,
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-25-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
Perhaps two tsunami's on one line will push the water better...i do have two unused ones around. I don't think the long run with the reversible hurts the flow too much, so I don't think I'd end up messing with that.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-25-2014, 10:04 PM Reply   
IMO, putting an aerator inline of an impeller is going to be a 0 net gain. The aerator is going slow the flow of the impeller pump, only to increase the flow after it. Impeller pumps are not effected much by that distance or a little lift, what size sacs are you filling and how much longer is it tacking to fill the bow?

Yes, an aerator will pump water to a bow sac. Its been done by many manufacturers of the years, as well as plenty of DIY'rs. Yes, it will loose some flow to head-pressure, but it will work just fine.