Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-01-2011, 9:51 AM Reply   
Are the Aerial 3.5 ballast bag and the Attwood Tsunami T-800 Ballast Bag Pump good quality? I noticed that they are less expensive than fat sacs and I want to make sure they are a good buy and Im not getting something that will just fall apart on me.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-01-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
They are just an old school school design. Pretty much the same as old Launch Pads by Straight Line - which i still have and use for supplemental weight in my boat. They use external bladder covers which can be a pain and use the screw on water bed fittings and plugs. They are still "fat sacs", just an older version. Weight is weight. If you need to save the extra $$$, buy them. Don't overfill them, take care of them and they should hold up just fine. Atwood is also a top marine manufacturer of bilge and aerator pumps. The pump should do the job just fine.

Last edited by bhyatt_ohp; 08-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-01-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
Alright now why is buying them as a combo more expensive then buy the bags and and pump separate? Seems like it should be the other way around.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-01-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
You've definitely got me on that one, but you are correct. $169.97 for all 3 separate, $175.99 as a package deal - per their website.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
norwalkbeast, check the classified ads here on wakworld. I have 4 old style launchpad bags for sale....cheap!
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-01-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
norwalkbeast, check the classified ads here on wakworld. I have 4 old style launchpad bags for sale....cheap!
What are the dimensions of the smaller bags? And what pumps will connect to the fittings for them?
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-01-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
I picked up a set with a pump on ebay for $130 a couple months ago. The external covers are a pain. I took them off and just use the bladders. I'm not a huge fan of the waterbed style fittings. I always seem to spill a bunch of water when trying to empty them. I wish I had spent a little more and gone with fly high sacks with the quick connect fittings.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
I had the 1000gph mayfield pumps on these
http://www.shopping.com/Johnson-Jabs...ator-Pump/info
but anything with piping that size will do for drain
for fill, I had a barbed fitting..I still have the fittings if you need them

I have sold the pumps
smaller ones are round (tube)
48" long
12" wide
12" tall

larger ones are more square (rectangle). I have the outer cover for these
48" long
15" wide
14" tall

so 200-300lbs for the smaller ones and 300-400lbs for the larger ones. Fly high once told me that you can bulge a bag this size out and get nearly 100 more lbs

Last edited by ord27; 08-01-2011 at 5:51 PM. Reason: added info