Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-19-2015, 8:39 AM Reply   
Yeah, you read that right!

Pro WAKESURF

This is going to be BIG!

Supra will feature wakesurfing at 3 of their Wakeboarding Tour Stops.

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latest...announced.html

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-19-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-19-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
Cool stuff!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2015, 10:04 AM Reply   
I think it is really cool that wakesurfers will be able to be on a big stage with the top wakeboarders in the world.

The press release mentions it is just men, but I wonder if women are able to try and qualify with the men for a spot in the competition. I think Bri Chmel could take some of the guys and qualify.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-20-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
That's cool, except most of all Pro wakeboarders think wakesurfing is a joke.....LOL Funny how they didn't mention women, I wonder if they will have both womens and mens divisions
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
" "Having the best pro men athletes in two competition disciplines like surf and skim, in addition to wakeboarding, at one epic event is a tremendous undertaking."

It says men in the press release. The Pro Wakeboard Tour only has one division now for wakeboarding, Pro Men. Wakesurfing has two, Pro Surf and Pro Skim. But like I mentioned in my previous post, I am wondering if Women are allowed to compete with the Men and try to qualify.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-20-2015, 11:49 AM Reply   
Pretty cool for sure. Looking forward to checking it out : )
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-20-2015, 12:53 PM Reply   
As I understand it, women will not be able to qualify as men for this initial year; that could change. They will obviously receive pressure to add a female component, but that would really involve adding a female tour for wakeskate, wakeboard and wakesurf. Beyond all the typical additional expenses in staff and time, it means a considerable larger payout or the payout for each division is lessened. The ROI for these type of events is poor. The assumption here is skiers choice, working with bonnier will develop a simplified program that is economically efficient.

Nick