Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2014, 6:49 PM Reply   
My new ride arrived this afternoon...just in time to winterize the boat! Looks like I will get to ride it this weekend and then from here on out, it will be pretty tough to do in Colorado.
The Walker Project - 4'9" Super Bomb Pop
Carbon deck and bottom
Futures Black Stix
Chaos quad rears
I painted the twinzer fins red (I have another set of white ones if for some reason the paint messes them up)
Agenda traction (not on yet)
(yes Ryan Woon, I copied your old board because it was so bad azz!)
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2014, 6:53 PM Reply   
I plan on getting the Chaos vectored foil's and the twinzers in the spring, just no point in spending the money now since I am literally going to get to ride it one time between now and April when the lakes thaw out.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2014, 10:14 AM Reply   
Good looking board Timmy.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-16-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
I'm curious how this Bomb pop would compare to the Soulcraft boards. Anyone ridden both?
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-16-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
I rode a bomb pop long ago, I dont remember hating it... I know you got a deal on that bad boy but what is the "I didnt snap my last board in half price?" looks effin killer btw...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-17-2014, 7:36 AM Reply   
I have ridden both Soulcraft Jetty and my original Bomb Pop back to back. The BP had just a little more nose rocker in it and it didn't pearl as easy as the SC did. The other thing that I noticed between TWP and SC's (which he might have fixed now) was that the foam and the graphics on the SC's turned yellow where the TWP didn't. I like the SC's and I am still planning on getting a custom built one with parabolic stringers next year.

We'll just say that a full carbon super bomb pop with custom paint was less than I paid for a plain white bomb pop 2 years ago. I believe that was a good faith gesture which he didn't have to do.

Last edited by timmyb; 10-17-2014 at 7:40 AM.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-17-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Looking like an 1100+ dollar retail board... would love to take that bad boy out for a rip...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-17-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHolloway View Post
Looking like an 1100+ dollar retail board... would love to take that bad boy out for a rip...
You are exactly right.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-20-2014, 10:14 AM Reply   
Got the board out on Saturday. Turned out to be a nice day, sunny and about 72 and water was a crisp 60 or so but with the 4/3 wetsuit, it was fine.

The board worked well. Several of the things that I thought could be better on the regular Bomb Pop are fixed with the Super Bomb Pop, the first was the pumping ability. I started with a quad setup and the board pumps a LOT easier than the BP. I then put in the twinzer fins and noticed zero difference in the board.

Next was the carving, the BP is good but the extra fins, the harder rails and the tail channeling really helped. You just start turning and it goes. My Snaps were a lot faster on this board, kind of amazing considering the extra fins, I thought that with the extra fins that it would be harder to snap but it wasn't.

Speed - it feels faster than the BP but I am not sure because I think I had the traction too far back so I need to readjust and for some reason my brain is programmed that I have to have my foot all of the way at the back of the traction to ride.

Bottom turns are quite a bit easier due to the tracking/turning ability.

Airs - I am not sure on this one. It has been 2 months since I wakesurfed and I know that at the start of the season, it takes me 2 to 3 times out to really get those going and I was getting all of the fins out but they weren't as big as I had hoped. We will have to wait and see next season as to if this board is easier to air or not.

All in all, definitely an upgrade from the regular Bomb Pop that I had.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       10-23-2014, 6:43 AM Reply   
I rode a super bomb pop all season. I loved it. Mine isn't carbon, however I ditched the nubsters, that made the board too slow. I'm 6'1" 185lbs and I was on the 4'6" version as it was ready to go at the start of the season (may 14'). I didn't demo or even ride one before this season, an I was chasing the 360 for about 4-5 years, and couldn't keep the wave. I finally landed 4 or 5 this year and rode them out. I would def check out The Walker Project boards if your looking for something high end surf or custom built.

This was from day 77 on the water

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SacSurfer; 10-23-2014 at 6:44 AM. Reason: pic
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-23-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
I'm about the same size as you but went with the 4'9" instead. I would ride a 4'6" in a competition but for just kicking back and having fun, the 4'9" boards are a lot more enjoyable as I don't have to work so hard.