Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-13-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
Hey guys i would like to know whats the best products on the market to take care of our boats.

1- exterior minor scratches
2- exterior cleaning
3- interior cleaning

thanks a lot
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-13-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
http://boatbling.net/store/
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-13-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
Boat Bling, Babes, Exquisite and a few other "systems".

I use Babes because it's done well, and easy to get for me
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-13-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Bucket of babes for me. Got mine from RJ at DTH inboards. He really took care of me. I also use Collinite wax on just about everything. It's pretty amazing stuff.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-13-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
You use the whole Babes bucket?

I got the refill kit, half the product for less than half the price of the bucket, went to Lowes and got a bucket and lid, some cloths and carry that around. I really only use the seat cleaner, seat protectant, and the hull cleaner/wax spray. $38 in the end, compared to $75
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-13-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
There are as many answers as people on these issues.

I use Babe's boat bright on the hull for general wipe down every time.

Flitz polish for deep gelcoat cleaning. This will also make your tiny gelcoat scratches look better.

Ducky, exquisite and malco cleaners all seem to be great for my seats.

Then I follow up on the seats with 303 protectant.

And I got a bottle of boat bling coming to see if it works any better for wipe down than the Babe's. After I went to Powell, the water spots turned to concrete on my gelcoat and they promised me if I used the boat bling regularly that I can pull the boat out of the lake after a week and wipe her down and she will be as good as new. The Babe's let me down in that respect.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-13-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Have had great success with the following....

Boat wipedown - DRIVEN boat wipedown, stuff is awesome, use it every time we leave the water

Boat Wax - DRIVEN boat wax

Fine scratches - McGuires Scratch X - Wont harm gelcoat and takes fine/med scratches out

Stainless polish (board racks, tower, etc) - Mothers aluminum/stainless polish

Vinyl cleaning - Exquisite w/brush = brand new interior

Vinyl protectant - Babes seat saver

Carpet cleaning - Bissell mean green portable carpet cleaner, works great, takes about 10 minutes to completely clean your entire carpet area
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Fiberglass exterior & interior - meguiars Polish and flagship wax - Cleans and gets rid of small scratches. deep ones you need 3m.

Seats - Babes and 303

Carpet - Steam cleaner using rug doctor products - then spray scotch guard on it.

Babes boat bright after each day on the water.
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       07-13-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
Nice Thread, I'll play...

Exterior minor scratches:
Boat - McGuires Scratch X. Tower - Flitz Metal Polish (buy their applicator too, it's amazing).

Exterior cleaning:
General: Hot Sauce spray wax after wipe down, love this stuff.
Detail: McGuires Marine Wax with an Orbital buffer (I think its better than anythign I have used in regards to protection and looks).

Interior cleaning:
General cleaning after a weekend -exquisite with a brush, then 303.
Deep cleaning - Malco Leather Cleaner with a brush, water, wipe off with clean towel, then 303.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-13-2010, 3:37 PM Reply   
MALCO is the best stuff ever for cleaning your interior vinyl.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
Depending on you level of attention needed.
1. compound- Aquabuff 1000 did wonders on my faded black gelcoat
2. Maguires flagship marine wax
3. Babes boat bright after every trip (just started using this stuff it awesome for water spots and slime line)
4. Exqusite for my new interior. I like the way the interior feels after i use this stuff.Its really starting to soften up my new intieror after a month or so. I would not rated it the best for a spray on wipe off "cleaner". It does clean most stuff off. I will admit I have not tried the brush with it so this maybe the trick for the tuff stains.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-13-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Those companies deliver the most in canada?
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Speaking of buffers, I use the Cyclo polisher. http://www.autogeek.net/cyclo-polishers.html The best polisher I have ever used hands down! If you know someone that has one, try it out.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
marine spray nine is the best interior cleaner we have ever used at the shop for detailing boats, took a boat from looking pretty damn clean with its interior to right back to fresh off the lot looking so we bought it, hasnt failed us yet with a boat, highly recommend it, just spray and use a scrub brush and then wipe off and the results will speak for themself
http://www.spraynine.com/product_inf...roducts_id=340
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
Old     (WakeboardNJ)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
I swear by the following products for the boat; (no particular order)
3M Rubbing Compound (hands down the best on the market)
3m Cleaner Wax
Meguires Marine/Boat Wax
RainX Car Wash
Castrol Super Clean (for hard stains, grease, vinyl and bilge cleaning)
Formula 409 Glass and Surface Cleaner (purple liquid)
Formula 2001 Protectant (by Turtle Wax)

Tools:
Makita 9227C Polisher
Craftsman Random Orbital Polisher
Yellow (soft bristle) bristle Boat Brush w/6ft handle
White (stiff bristle) bristle Boat Brush w/6ft handle
Several "Absorber" chamios'
WD-40 / PB Blaster
White Lithium Grease
Many misc towels & rags (you can never have enough of these.

Flame me if you will, but these have been tried and true products for me for years, and are the same as I use on my vehicles.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
I thought the 3m copound was great until I tried Aquabuff 1000. Its a whole new level of cutting action. If you have bad fade/oxidation aquabuff is where its at. We just did a boat at work this thing was BAD dark green was faded big time. Two trips with the 3m and it stll needed more. Broke out the Aquabuff on the ohter side and it did more in 1 pass than the 3m did in 2.
Old    alanp            07-14-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
major water spots-- kaboom works awesome
mildew-- tilex spray with a soft bruch ala babes brush (tried bleach, babes and magic erasure) this stuff wiped out the mildew with very little effort. apply let sit scrub rinse.