Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-12-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
Ok so right now the previous owner of the boat has run a steel prop on the boat and I have not read many good things about these props (plus it is old and has some damage on the ends) It seems that most people over stock props upgrade to the ACME or OJ props. Give me some ideas on which is a better option for the wakeboarding/surfing style boating. I do still have the original brass prop that came stock on the boat too, thinking of putting that on till I determine which prop to go with...ideas please and thank you.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-12-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Not sure if it will fit your boat, but I strongly recommend the "Fusion" prop from OJ. Checked one out myself and i am very happy with it. It's reasonably priced as far as props go and performance is stellar. It's a 4 blade brass prop that is made from a mold of a cnc'd prop, it's hand finished, but I can't tell any difference in performance.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-12-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hey Bawshogg not sure if you remember but I was asking you questions about my 07 F150 and the lack of power. Thought I would give you the update. Well the dealership finally figured out the issue. Ended up needing to replace
Cam Phasers
Cam shaft
Timing Chain
Tensioners
rockers/lifters
needed a new battery as well.

Just got it back on Saturday....drives like a champ! Just taking it through the break in period again so pulling the boat with my brothers Navigator this weekend.

I will take a look into that prop. So you said you can't feel any performance difference between the stock and that one? What about when you have waited the boat does it have a better hole shot?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-12-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Trashcan the stainless prop for sure. They don't give like a brass or nibral one will.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-12-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
No,no,no. It is big difference over the stock prop. Does everything really well. I run around 3800lbs of ballast for surfing and it gets up and out really easily and smoothly. It's a great prop for wakeboarding also. I run an extra 800 lbs on top of the factory 1200 and wedge, gets on plane good, no problems holding speed. With the stock prop I could run 49ish top speed. Lost about 4mph a WOT at 44-45 now. Best part of it is the Fusion is a little cheaper than the CNC'd 475. Same performance overall though.
Great news about the truck. Thought it sounded like you were chasing a driveabilty issue. I wouldn't think there would be any break in on those components replaced. Run it like your gonna use it.