Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (doubleup_dan)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-15-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Im getting a new x2 soon and was thinking about getting a wrap on it.

does anyone have any pics of x2 with wraps on?

was also thinkin about gettting the pro tour ballest on it. is it possible on an x2 can anyone tell me any more about it??
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-15-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
you can do a search on here and there is some good instructionals on it. Ian with Onlyinboards.com can hook you up with the kit. It runs about 2K though. Keep the original graphics on the boat for a few years..... then when you get the urge for a new boat cause your tired of the same ole look.... then pay the 2,500 and get a wrap... so it will look like a new boat to you. Just a thought...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-15-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
For the X2 pro tour you should be able to do all 3 bags without adding any pumps. There is no way it should be 2k. Basically all you are paying for is 3 bags, some hose and a few fittings. I believe all 3 bags can be run off of the stock overflows.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-15-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
I think the 2 K kit includes more pumps.... It includes everything you need..... fittings and all. That's probably why its so expensive...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-15-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Yeah, you are probably right H2O but I don't think you need any pumps. As long as you just tie the bag fill into the stock overflow and then run an overflow from the bag with a one way valve back out the stock through hulls you should be good. It will take longer than the adding pumps but it still isn't a huge enough amount of ballast that it would take 15 minutes or anything.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-15-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
You can definitally install just the bags as an overflow fill. We setup pretty much all of our boats with this system and it works great. Depending on what year boat you get you may need to reprogram the pumps to run longer but thats pretty easy too.

We've only wrapped one X-2, it was the flying skull complete wrap. It looked great, of all the Sirlin wraps thats prolly my favorite.
Old     (doubleup_dan)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-15-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
do you have any pics of it?

as for the ballast is it 3 or 4 bags coz if its 2 in the back lockersit must be 2 in the front under the seats?
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-16-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Its a 3 bag system for the X-2. One in each rear corner and an integrated bow sac under the seats up front.

Installing two bags in the front limits the amount of weight you can run and if you are using an overflow set up its more difficult to vent properly. Here is a right up one of our customers did on his installation. http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25491

I'm looking for some pics of the wrap but I think they got deleted. systeminconline.com has the MC wraps and the gallery has some pics of actual boats
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-16-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have a 09 X2 with the fly high kit. I am a mechanical retard with no patience so I paid to have mine installed and for the kit and installation I paid $1500. I did not opt for the 3 extra pumps though.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
looking for wraps, go to rubitenterprises.com done a bunch of MC wraps here in Nor Cal