Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-05-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
I dont think I saw one on this website at all this summer.....correct me if I am wrong.

I am interested to know what the wake is like, is it 211 like, or more 210 (new) like?

Are there any wake pics out there besides a nautique webshots?

The boat looks great in person, and CC says its a trendsetter, but this is the same folks who killed the old 210. Marketing ploy?

I saw one for sale for $75K (new) in Nebraska, ouch, another question is will this boat jump to $80K next year CC because it is a trendsetter?

Please share any opinions or thoughts about this boat if you know of someone who has one. I am trying to do some research for the fam. Thanks WW.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
I looked at one in Orlando. Beautiful boat and well thought out. The following month I pulled beside one at Silver Glen. The owner told me he had 12 hours and negotiated the price down from the $70's to $52K.

Didn't even ask about the wake or performance after he told me his buying decision was based on the towers ability to easily fold down low enough to get into his boat house.
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-05-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
There are several members of planetnautique.com that have purchased them. So far they all love the boat. You might search the site and PM them.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-05-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
I've had mine for about 10 months...and had the 211 before that. While we still use the 230 for our advanced divisions in our comps as it has been the industry standard.... The 216 can be a damn good boat and throw a great wake. With the stock ballast alone the height and shape are good...especially under 22 mph as the wake doesn't crumble like alot of wider / bigger boats as slower speed. When you weight it...it can produce a large wake..but as its not as wide as a 230....the width is not as wide. But the height and shape are good. We typically will add two fatsacs in each locker in the back about 3/4 full and a bow sack. That seems to be optimal if you really want to throw a bigger wake. For wakesurfing...its been a huge surprise. We just did a Ronix clinic and we had several team riders who couldn't believe how "long" it was and how far back they could ride.

The interior layout is really great...and I would have a hard time using any other Nautique tower. If you can test one...drive it...ride behind it. Thats the best way to find out about it. I'll see if I have any shots of just the wake and post them. Also spend the money and get zero off. Its so worth it....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2009, 9:35 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat Bill. Is that my old roommate Brett out there riding? If you see him anytime soon tell him I said what's up.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-06-2009, 4:42 AM Reply   
Wow that boat is really clean!! It looks like a VLX kind of but with nautique logos (just what I like lol).
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-06-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
How is ski wake and rough water ride?
Old     (gunford)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-13-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfski View Post
I've had mine for about 10 months...and had the 211 before that. While we still use the 230 for our advanced divisions in our comps as it has been the industry standard.... The 216 can be a damn good boat and throw a great wake. With the stock ballast alone the height and shape are good...especially under 22 mph as the wake doesn't crumble like alot of wider / bigger boats as slower speed. When you weight it...it can produce a large wake..but as its not as wide as a 230....the width is not as wide. But the height and shape are good. We typically will add two fatsacs in each locker in the back about 3/4 full and a bow sack. That seems to be optimal if you really want to throw a bigger wake. For wakesurfing...its been a huge surprise. We just did a Ronix clinic and we had several team riders who couldn't believe how "long" it was and how far back they could ride.

The interior layout is really great...and I would have a hard time using any other Nautique tower. If you can test one...drive it...ride behind it. Thats the best way to find out about it. I'll see if I have any shots of just the wake and post them. Also spend the money and get zero off. Its so worth it....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
I just purchased an 09 and love it! How do you weight it for surfing?

Thanks
Rob