Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-17-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
Been shopping boats for a month or so and it seems to me that these are the two I keep coming back to (A new VTX is also a possibility but at the very high range $$$). I can get a fairly loaded '11 VRide for the same money as a gently used '08 SAN 210. I have no experience with the Nautiqes but do like the styling. I wasn't thrilled with the VRide color scheme until I found one I absolutely love. The obvious attraction is ordering brand new and getting what we want on it. What say you who have experience with one or preferably both.
Old     (jkgriner)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-17-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
I've ridden behind Malibu's a lot, and absolutely love the wake, to me it's no contest, go with the Malibu. It has the same hull as the wakesetter series, just w/o the bells and whistles. If I were looking at nautiques I'd go for an 03-06 SAN 210, but size could be an issue.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
if you can find an 03-06 SAN that would be the ticket
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-17-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 SAN and it is the only way to go

But to answer your question, I dont know how you like your wake but if the boats are similarly priced, I would probably go the new malibu myself. Something about breaking it in and doing everything from day one. Not that I would know or ever will lol. It would also be nice getting a 3 year newer boat for the same money. You cant go wrong with either, but my money would be new all the way. If you are unsure of the wakes, best try them both to be sure though. Good luck
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-17-2011, 7:03 PM Reply   
I think the newer Vrides are one of the best deals to be had in the new boat market. for the same money I would get the V-ride just like I wanted. Nothing wrong with a 210...but three years newer and everything the way I want it would be key for me. Plus like stated above its the old VLX hull wich is know for its great wake. I am a Tige guy to the core but if they didnt make Tige anymore (god forbid ) A V-ride would be on my list for sure. Good luck in your search. i hope it all works out for you.
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-17-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
Were new to wakeboarding so we really don't have a wake preference. The more I have searched, the more I like the VRide. Question for the folks who have the old VLX/New VRide. Is the stock 330hp motor up to the job?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-17-2011, 9:51 PM Reply   
Between those 2 boats, you really need to demo the wakes. They are pretty much at opposite ends of the spectrum. Even though you say you are new to this and don't have a preference, you will be able to tell the difference. The Malibu has a very smooth rampy wake, the Nautique has a very abrupt steep wake. I would actually think the nautique is much more intimidating for a beginner, but again its all a matter of personal preference. They're both really nice boats though.
Old     (willrice)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-18-2011, 5:15 AM Reply   
Not sure how long you are planning on keeping the boat, but you would probably take less of a hit on the 210 if you are going to sell in the next 5 years or so.
Old     (willrice)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-18-2011, 5:16 AM Reply   
or 10 years for that matter.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-18-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
I'd go with the new Malibu. Brand new boat. Warranty. No worries about what it's been through.

I've seen the V-Ride wake made pretty steep. If you run the Wedge, you can get a great lip, yet it's still smooth enough to charge hard. The wake is versitile.
V-Ride hull is one of the best shapes ever.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
SAns have great wakes, but the storage in them is terrible. The 08 is better, but still not as good as what you get in the vride. 06's have a great hull, but the back storage lockers with the triangle tanks really hurt the storage.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-18-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Much better value in the vride. Nautiqes in general are pricing themselves out of the market. The say it is for build quality, but i've demoed both. if there is a difference in quality i have yet to see it. even if it is, paying that much more for the top 1% is ridiculous in my opinion. Actually a better suggestion would be a slightly used vride. save money for gas.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-18-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
VRide!!!

We had a 2005, and loved it. Still miss it, especially with the season coming up fast. With the wedge, and a fat sac up front, you should get a very nice wake. In talking to some Malibu worker's at one of Tilly's (dealer in Ventura, CA) Christmas parties, they typically purchased the VRide, because it was pretty much the Wakesetter series without the "bling".
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-18-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
V Ride all the way! Brand new boat with a full warranty and you can get it with the colors and options you want.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-18-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is the stock 330hp motor up to the job?
That engine will get the job done. You can always change the prop for for a better hole shot. I had the 02 vlx with the 330, the only time I had trouble pulling was with 12 people on the boat, going up river. You'll be happy with a malibu.
Old    mojo            03-18-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
An 08 nauti should still be under warranty. Going to be nicer materials all around. Either way you'll be stoked. I'd only get an 11 if you order it to your exact specs. Plus you won't take a 10k bath purchasing a used boat. The 08 nauti wake is not steep like the old ones. More similar to a current x-1wake.

Last edited by mojo; 03-18-2011 at 9:10 AM.
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-19-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Well, change in plans folks. Hit the boat show today and low and behold signed on the dotted line for a brand new 2011 SAN 210! Happy day. Loved the interior and wife was able to pick the colors. Win Win.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-19-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
all this for nothing! Congrats, enjoy the boat.