Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
This is for the riders on a budget that are looking to get a little more weight in their boat, without taking up space.

We had a softside water bed that we weren't using, that came with individual water tubes. We were gonna junk the whole thing, until we realized the tubes could be use as fat sacs (sort of)

Tubes -

They normally run about $25 a piece, but you can find these on Ebay and craiglist for cheap.

What we did -
We filled the tubes and laid them lengthwise in the compartment in the floor. Each tube weighs about 1oolbs, and we could only wedge 4 of them in. But it made a noticeable difference.

I'll post our pics soon as I can...
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-14-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
A much more affordable, legit solution: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...item2eae566ed1
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
No bad!

For us the tubes were cheaper, because we already had them, but that's definitely a good and cheap alternative.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
We used them all the time in our MB. You can fill them up and move them around easily. When it was just my wife and I in the boat, we threw them all over the place as well as filled up regular ballast sacs.
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Uh, I meant to say "Not Bad" when I was referring to the aerial bags...

Mobility - that is a bonus. I can lift the tubes myself, but not the bags.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-14-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
I will always use Fly High sacks for their strength durability and fittings!

But I have been known to use cement, re-bar, and sand back in the day lol
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-14-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
40-60 gal plastic storage tubs fit nicely in many rear compartments and fill and drain pretty fast with a 5 gal bucket if you want to go redneck ghetto.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-14-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
I still have some left over from my old boat,gonna get em back out there this weekend.