Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-13-2010, 9:27 PM Reply   
I was reading through the 303 site, and they claim you should get great results applying 303 after a wash, then wiping down with 303 when you pull out.

anyone have an experience with this?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
Haha seems like a hell of alot of work to me. I'll stick with Boat Bling Hot Sauce.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-13-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
Not from experience but, I have heard it works good if you do not use too much. If you use too much it gets streaky. I like Boat Bling HotSauce.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-13-2010, 9:55 PM Reply   
It works if you go sparingly and try and do it in the shade. Babes for me all the way.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-14-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Alright, stupid question of the day....

So you wipe 303 or this boat bling stuff on after each time you pull out? Why do you do this? I just wipe my boat down with my "boat towel" after a day on the water and it cleans it up nicely.

Thanks for helping a "mentally limited" person.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-14-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
303 on fiberglass sucks. it streaks bad and attracts dust/dirt.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
K.D the products like the Hot Sauce get rid of any water spots and have wax in them and leave an extra layer of protection on your boat. It looks newly waxed when you leave the launch.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
K.D. 303 has a UV protection in it to help shield from the UV rays from the sun. That is why most, if not all of us, use 303, Hot Sauce or Babes to protect our vinyl in the boat. 303, along with Babes Boat Brite and Boat Bling Hot Sauce can be used and should be used as extra protection to your gel coat after each day out on the water. It has a wax-like base to keep your boat clean and shiney and protect it against the UV rays that can oxidize your gel coat giving it that chalky look. Everyone on here has there favorite spray, ie Hot Sauce, Babes, Eagal, 303, etc. and wipe down the gel coat. Just try out what works best for you and go with it. I do not use 303, because I have a black boat and it leaves white streaks on it. But I do use 303 on my vinyl. Babe's Boat Brite works for me as of now.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
I used 303 on my hull for quite a while. I found the streakiness was much less if I diluted it with water 50/50. It really does a great job. I found that it would still streak just a little, but then as soon as I was on the water, the hull shined like it was brand new. It also seemed to make the boat easy to wipe down and kept water spots to a minimum.