Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2021, 10:29 AM Reply   
Super nice truck, love the frunk and vehicle to house technology. Don't know if the range will be long enough when towing a wake boat.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...pecs-revealed/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2021, 2:50 PM Reply   
Didn't Biden threaten to run over a libtard reporter in one? I won't consider electric until they can go at least 450 miles minimum. Decent looking truck for a Ford.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2021, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Didn't Biden threaten to run over a libtard reporter in one?
Yip, thought you would have pre ordered one on the spot!
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-21-2021, 12:06 PM Reply   
Speaking as a 23 year owner of an original Gen 1 Lightning... That ain't no Lightning!!!

I understand the reasoning behind the name use... It's an EV, but it disgraces the "Lightning" badging as it's not a performance oriented sport truck by any stretch of the imagination! Cool tech... yes, Tesla competition... yes, Lightning... NO!!!

/rant

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-23-2021, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corerider View Post
Speaking as a 23 year owner of an original Gen 1 Lightning... That ain't no Lightning!!!

I understand the reasoning behind the name use... It's an EV, but it disgraces the "Lightning" badging as it's not a performance oriented sport truck by any stretch of the imagination! Cool tech... yes, Tesla competition... yes, Lightning... NO!!!

/rant

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
0-60 in 4.4s, the new lightening is a lot quicker than the old. Lightening has a good synergy to EV's too I think. It's a lot better than the Mustang SUV EV or Taycan "Turbo" IMO.

Still kudos on the original lightening, that thing is gangster as.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2021, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corerider View Post
Speaking as a 23 year owner of an original Gen 1 Lightning... That ain't no Lightning!!!

I understand the reasoning behind the name use... It's an EV, but it disgraces the "Lightning" badging as it's not a performance oriented sport truck by any stretch of the imagination! Cool tech... yes, Tesla competition... yes, Lightning... NO!!!

/rant

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Dang, you've had that truck a long time. Still have your murdered out 210?
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-24-2021, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Dang, you've had that truck a long time. Still have your murdered out 210?

Pfft... how can you even question that!?!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2021, 5:44 PM Reply   
What a rig, beautiful
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-25-2021, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corerider View Post
Pfft... how can you even question that!?!
Haha. Nice. Iíve always loved that boat. My 05 was the same except you couldnít get the colored deck then.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-25-2021, 7:04 AM Reply   
friend of a friend just bought one. silly torque numbers. range is supposedly 500+ miles.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2021, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
friend of a friend just bought one. silly torque numbers. range is supposedly 500+ miles.
Extended battery only gets 300 miles. The commercial version costs $50k. Maybe thatís what made you think it gets 500 miles.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-26-2021, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Extended battery only gets 300 miles. The commercial version costs $50k. Maybe thatís what made you think it gets 500 miles.
I know these guys drive 500 miles one way to get to work. Is he stopping halfway for a nap and a charge, no idea. yes, I realize my information is stunningly full of holes...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2021, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I know these guys drive 500 miles one way to get to work. Is he stopping halfway for a nap and a charge, no idea. yes, I realize my information is stunningly full of holes...
The lightening also has only been announced not released, they are more than a year away from production
Old     (Wet2Ward)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-18-2021, 6:32 PM Reply   
I HEARD they sound like ****
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-20-2021, 2:02 PM Reply   
At least we can see if they catch on fire like the other electrics. lol This electric car phase will pass, as the cost of charging and battery issues, as well as people stranded starts to increase. Not sure the "solution" but everything is made from oil, so without oil. you cannot make a car, cannot make the metal and cannot make, just about everything in this world.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-18-2021, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
At least we can see if they catch on fire like the other electrics. lol This electric car phase will pass, as the cost of charging and battery issues, as well as people stranded starts to increase. Not sure the "solution" but everything is made from oil, so without oil. you cannot make a car, cannot make the metal and cannot make, just about everything in this world.
ehh, there's enough investment in EV at this point that its gaining traction. Cummins just invested in the tech to bring it the freight and transport industry. ain't going away.

Also, what's the cost of people stranded? like when their ride catches on fire, they're now stranded??
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-18-2021, 5:57 PM Reply   
@corerider that's always been a dirty setup you're rolling. timeless

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:42 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us