Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Byrd1201)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-14-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
After reading some posts that the best spot in the Houston area is the Dirty T I took my boat up there this past weekend. Long story short... I put in at the public ramp at Riverside. Lots of logs at the ramps but figured it was just neglected and leftover from a previous rain. The water was as described, butter for miles and dirty. I went north passing a ton of logs on the way. Ran Into a log jam at the big bend so started boarding back towards the bridge. Saw a giant "log" swimming across in front of us and it turned out to be a gator about the size of my boat(old nautique..just a little guy). My buddy went over the top of it then later fell on a floating log. We loaded up and went to Livingston for the day.

Did I miss the memo or is this pretty much what to expect? I figured there would be gators (wish I didnt see one big enough to bite me in half) but didn't think there would be that many logs. Guess we have had a lot of rain lately... I'm probably just an idiot so feel free to let me know what's up.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-15-2014, 5:04 AM Reply   
The T's been bad for about a month since north texas has been getting a lot of rain... Floaters are normal till it clears out.. There's been a lot of deer swimming across it also.. Gators are the norm in just about any waterway here in Texas... Your actually lucky to see one on the T.. They usually only come out at night.. 5 feet off the bank and it's 25 feet deep.. Another problem last weekend is the T had no current flow.. So all the crap that was washed up on the banks came back out from the wakes.... Lot of trash last time out.. Be careful On Livingston.. Stump City..
Old     (Byrd1201)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-15-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   
Are y'all running right there close to the bridge or just depends?
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
We've ridden once a year at Trinity River (Bethy Creek) for the past 4 years. I always enjoyed the infinite glass water but wasn't a fan of the gator filled water. Luckly I never saw a gator while I was there. In late June this year, I was there but because of all the rains from the North, all the debri was covering most of the areas to ride and the water was very dirty/murky. Very unsafe therefore that trip wasn't like all the other ones. We moved several logs to avoid hitting and there was a current but not enough to move all the debri in 3 days! Luckly never saw a gator either during this last trip. Trinity is normally super nice and worth the drive for us, but if it rains up North or near, then the river is filled with debri.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-17-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
Trinity River is great water. Like stated, it has been crazy for a couple months due to the rains. Lots of room to ride and 95% of the time it is money. Threre is a cut from bethy to trinity but give it a few weeks and let the rains pass. Get back up there and you will love it.