Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    readyaimfire            07-29-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
I think it's about time we get back in to xgames. Some of the events they have are boring as hell. A system 2.0 contest like wake of fame or wake lab would be perfect for xgames. The issues had were down time between riders and it requiring it's own venue. it seems a system 2.0 would solve both of these. Just my 2cents.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-29-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
I've seen a million threads about this, but ya, I agree.
Old    readyaimfire            07-29-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
I know, I'm only starting this cuz it's on right now
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-29-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
how would 2.0 solve the venue issue? you'd still need a venue.
Old    readyaimfire            07-29-2011, 5:10 PM Reply   
Yeah, but u don't necessarily need a venue as big as marine stadium or any boat lake. They build a crazy expensive concrete skate park and just demolish it a month later. Why couldn't they build a similar pool setup or use a series of above ground pools? The point is they have way more options to work with than they did in 2006.
Old     (ztFLA4life)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-30-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyaimfire View Post
Yeah, but u don't necessarily need a venue as big as marine stadium or any boat lake. They build a crazy expensive concrete skate park and just demolish it a month later. Why couldn't they build a similar pool setup or use a series of above ground pools? The point is they have way more options to work with than they did in 2006.
I agree completely.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-30-2011, 4:09 PM Reply   
X games needs to bring back wake, aggressive inline vert, and street louging.
Old     (FloridaBoarder)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-30-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
That's a big HELL YEAH on the wakeboarding!
Old    PapaBProductions            07-30-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
they could totally build above ground pools at staples or the Colosseum.
I think red bull needs to buy out X-games and totally re-vamp it
Old    readyaimfire            07-30-2011, 10:39 PM Reply   
Rally cars, really? Rally cars? C'mon! I bet if Travis pastrana strapped on a wakeboard they would roll out the red carpet for it! That guy farts in the wind and they put it in xgames.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-31-2011, 6:44 AM Reply   
^^ that probably has some truth... Travis is such a icon in that "scene" that he probably does have some influence on the folks who do X games.

Isnt TP buddy's with one of the pros?? Maybe Parks?? I swear i remember a episode on Nitro Circus with a wakeboarder hanging out wiht him.
Old     (neverwinter)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-31-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Last year at wInter X Parks was up in Aspen. I know some of the ESPN team. They've said logistically it's almost impossible. I'd bet the closest to reality would be a rail jam on a system 2 and that's probably years out. It all comes down to sponsors, air time and viewer attendance and last time around, wake boarding was dropped because of the lack of 2/3.
Old     (neverwinter)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-31-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Rally cars, really? Rally cars? C'mon! I bet if Travis pastrana strapped on a wakeboard they would roll out the red carpet for it! That guy farts in the wind and they put it in games.
if shaun white learned to wakeboard...it would instantly make it in the next year...his brother said he'd been before and I quote "it wasn't pretty".
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-31-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
White had the 80's band rockstar look going today in the Vert Finals. Sick run.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-31-2011, 8:14 PM Reply   
people still watch the summer Xgames? I just turned it on, and the womens EnduroX is so amazing, it's like they just picked chicks off the street and put them on a bike. Summer X games is a joke now
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-31-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckledragger View Post
White had the 80's band rockstar look going today in the Vert Finals. Sick run.
I'm pretty sure he is slowly morphing into Dean from the movie FUBAR, looks just like him now that he has the stash
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-31-2011, 9:25 PM Reply   
he just dropped Red Bull too. Interesting to see who will pay what he's asking.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-01-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
^^^I wondered that when I saw him take a swig of someone's Monster after his run the other night.
Old     (wakedork)      Join Date: May 2009       08-01-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
It is sad what x-Games did with Enduro X it has been the laughing stock of every board I have been on. It's hard to imagine it but every girl in that race could lay waste to any internet junky on any board. There were world and national champs in that race. Enduro X is a new niche sport, it ain't easy, as you saw it makes even pro caliber riders look like goons. No one watching actually knows how extreme it is until they try it. One particular rider's boy friend is David Knight the god of all that is off road, and the multi time winner of Erzberg Extreme the most difficult off road race of all time and even with him training her it still was too difficult with the little practice they had.

ESPN needs to get their head out of their asses and stop chasing the dollar and keep sports that we want to see. It will soon turn into the MX games. I have nothing against MX I grew up riding and still love it, and plan on riding again one day when my daughter gets older but there are other sports out there that need coverage.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
http://deadspin.com/5826626/the-high...ts-of-all-time

felt bad, but this made me laugh.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-03-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding will be added to the 2016 Rio Olympic games as a trial sport. If it passes it will be added permanently to the 2024 games...
Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-04-2011, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPHeR35 View Post
Wakeboarding will be added to the 2016 Rio Olympic games as a trial sport. If it passes it will be added permanently to the 2024 games...
thats sick do you have a link to where you read this?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-04-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
I heard it was cable being considered for trial in the 2020 games. There's another thread here with a link to a poll with about 8 sports on it. Last time I checked it kickball (of all things) was winning
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-04-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/wak...olympic-games/
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
Check the date on that article. haha
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-05-2011, 2:08 AM Reply   
Haha they got me too Chris, until I came here and realised it was all a joke. Apparently they do one every year.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-05-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
Another one...

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...reu-sports2020