Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-24-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
I'm heading out to Park City before Christmas and would like to spend around 200. I'm still riding my Rosignal Premier 154 I got probably at least seven years ago. I believe this is a park board and a bit too small for me now that I'm 6' 165lb.

If you guys could suggest me a few old versions of some high-ends board that I could find online, I would really appreciate it. I think ideal for me would be an all around board (I believe like the Burton Custom?) since I spend at most 50% of my time in the park.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       11-24-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
http://www.trusnow.com/Sierra-Crew-Snowboards.asp

Or try and find a K2 WWW
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-01-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
you need at least a 159. a 154 is way too short for you - but since its a park board, that makes sense. But if you need an all around board, esp if youll be in some POW in PC - 159-160 would be perfect.

My buddy just picked up a 2010 Custom at REI this weekend for 350 - it was a sale at all REI's in the bay area. NOt sure there would be any left, but worth a try - thats a great deal.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-01-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone knows of any good sites that has a board in my size range 159-162 on sale, it would be much appreciated!

Also, I got lucky on black friday at a local little skate store that stopped selling snowboard gear and they had a few pairs of boots left and I got a pair of Shaun White Burtons--not sure what year, the gold ones--for $100. These are 11.5s, so I especially need a bigger/wider board now.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-01-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
try dogfunk.com
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-05-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
What do you guys think of this Rossignol? http://www.proboardshop.com/9861rojd...nowboards.html

I think if I do have to sacrifice on what I want, I'd rather pay full price for the right board.

To give you guys a more specific description of what I'll be riding. I'll be using this board out west and then probably just use the 153 at the local ski hill where I'm doing primarily park. When I'm out west, I usually ride maybe 25% park, 50% riding the trails, and then the other 25% in the trees and trying to find powder.

How do you guys feel about camber vs reverse camber? I liked the look of this Nitro Team Gullwing

Also, I've been using www.snowboard-reviews.com to get an opinion on boards, does it look like a legit site?
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-05-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
After more research, I'm leaning towards the Ride Machete in 158