Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-01-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
So, I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago and it was almost better...but last weekend, I didn't want to risk messing it up and figured I'd just wakeskate a little...nothing crazy...no jumps, sliders, kickflips or anything crazy...Just a little carving/slashing, butterslides, surface 180s, etc. Then, maybe if my ankle was O.K. maybe take a run later...NOPE!

The wakeskate we had had the foam grip, and I figured since the board wasn't even going to leave the water much, I didn't need shoes. Whoops...my bad.

After carving/sliding around a bit, I edged out and went to do a backside powerslide, but the board slipped out.

Something happened and I felt like I broke a toe or two. I pulled them out of the water and they moved fine...so...o.k. Lets go again...after I fell again and had my heels up on the board waiting for the boat, i noticed a little blood on my foot. Upon further inspection, I had a huge gash between my second and third toe! I guess I caught a fin, the board caught me between my toes, or my toes stretched too far apart and just ripped? Weird...anyways...had to go to urgent care and get 7-8 stitches between my toes and a tetanus shot...ugh! This was on the first day of the trip! SUCKED! NO GETTING THE FOOT WET AFTER THAT!

Here ya go...
toes

This was the next day! Dammit!

butter

PLEASE HEED MY ADVICE AND WEAR SHOES WHEN WAKESKATING!!! YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-01-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
p.s. My foot doesn't look that weird normally...must have been a weird angle...I swear I'm not an Alien! HA!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-01-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hahahahahah Alein Feet!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-01-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
I like that bad angle idea. Im gonna use it everytime i get a pic or video and someone says i didnt get the grab.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-01-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
Bummer deal! BTW, is that Buena Vista? What was the weather/water like?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-01-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
oh good eye misfits. that sure is BV. I love that place.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-01-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
Yea...it was BV...Water was great...they must have filled it...was cold below 3ft deep. That pic was last Thurs around 9-10am. The Air Temp was high around 103 degrees. Wind was no more than 1-4 mph all day.

Not a ton of people there...Maybe 6-7 boats.

Would've awesome if I got to ride...although, I did my share of Coors Light Disposal, so that is always a bonus! LOL

Love this time of year at BV...who needs the Delta? HA! Yea right!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
No that isn't BV....DO NOT COME HERE!!!

Hope your toe is doing better Noonan! Gonna have to head up to the "secret spot" one of these days. It was good seeing you brotha!
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-02-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Hey, check out my post regarding Wakeboarding Injury Research.....your pain could help us develop a study...good luck, and yea shoes are good idea. Get well soon.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-02-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
Brandon...just got the stitches out of my "Toegina" today...should be up for the secret spot soon. But, tell chuck that I don't play $40/$80 NL...thats too low...LOL. Yea right...I thought he was talking cents and I was like...I can do that! LOL

Joe is down to come up too...he keeps talking about wanting to give it another shot...Hopefully we can get him up while his muscle memory is intact!

Justin...I'll check out your thread...Other than my toe, I'v e only sprained both my ankles at the same time wakeboarding...that wasn't much fun either! Me trying to walk into the ER to get crutches on severely sprained ankles must have looked really cool...let me tell ya! LOL