Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
what I want to know, is when does it end. What result do these knee takers need to see, before they stop the protest?

Since it's just about bringing on awareness for change, this could go on forever.

It seems that these high profile athletes could bring about change more rapidly if they were directly involved

a couple of ideas:

do more of what the president of the New York BLM chapter did at the Trump rally

donate body cameras to their local police department

be seen helping local police departments

do a ride along with a police officer and preach unity at every stop

lots and lots of things that they could be doing......
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
what I want to know, is when does it end. What result do these knee takers need to see, before they stop the protest?

Since it's just about bringing on awareness for change, this could go on forever.

It seems that these high profile athletes could bring about change more rapidly if they were directly involved

a couple of ideas:

do more of what the president of the New York BLM chapter did at the Trump rally

lol, you say they don't do anything, do you have any idea the amount of foundations some of these guys have setup?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
My bad so when the National Anthem turns on you can run and hide in the locker rooms and by doing that we eliminate all the violence/opression in our country lol wtf?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:

a couple of ideas:

I agree this is what they should be doing
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 9:19 AM Reply   
I didn't say that they don't do anything. Don't start with the words in the mouth game. I am just saying that they could be even more productive for their cause by doing more
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 9:19 AM Reply   
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/alejand...150312271.html
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Alejandro is a G
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I didn't say that they don't do anything. Don't start with the words in the mouth game. I am just saying that they could be even more productive for their cause by doing more
lol. That is classic.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why are you making this about you? So if it never stops how awful is that? I have to laugh at the people who are now defining patriotism as making the sacrifice to not watch football.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
Re: nascar
Attached Images

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
you guys reach some odd conclusions
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-25-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
If everyone just ignored the players it would be a non issue. If they all took a knee to protest Obamas policies they'd all be being called racist by the left, kneeling for this cause they're traitors to the right. Best to just ignore all these A-holes
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Re: nascar
I think he means outside of NASCAR cause the second you start something in there your gonna be washing dishes at MCDONALDS ROFL
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
you guys reach some odd conclusions
When you say things like "They could do more", and then say "don't put words in my mouth", it isn't an odd conclusion.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3436250
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
If everyone just ignored the players it would be a non issue. If they all took a knee to protest Obamas policies they'd all be being called racist by the left, kneeling for this cause they're traitors to the right. Best to just ignore all these A-holes
Obamas policies loooollllll
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 9:52 AM Reply   
wake. all I am asking is what is the goal and how do you know when you've reached it. Perhaps I am odd in that I do things with a goal in mind. What's the yardstick?

To me, the taking a knee is a passive tactic, hoping that someone else fixes things. Maybe that's the medias' fault for not reporting the other positives that the players do.

I personally would take a more active approach. If I were these employees boss, I would try to teach them what things would be more active, and not to be passive about passions

that's all....don't read more into it
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
I think he means outside of NASCAR cause the second you start something in there your gonna be washing dishes at MCDONALDS ROFL
Ya I’m sure that’s what he meant. Grant’s got some competition for sharpest tool in the WW shed looks like?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
It is painful to read your comments.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-25-2017, 9:58 AM Reply   
I remember leftist groups that were pissed off about Tebow taking a knee for his religion & then trying to start a defund the stadiums since they get tax dollars movement. Same ****, different day, different people to be offended by.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
I remember leftist groups that were pissed off about Tebow taking a knee for his religion & then trying to start a defund the stadiums since they get tax dollars movement. Same ****, different day, different people to be offended by.
The difference was that Obama didn't tell that son of a bitch to stand up.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
I copied this from a facebook post.

I think a lot of people feel this way

I personally would omit the part about Trump. I wish that he would have stayed out of it. But, the NFL powers that be.....should step in

Let me get this straight - Roger Goodell and the NFL threatened to fine a player a few years ago who wanted to wear special cleats that commemorated 9/11. They threatened to fine another player last year who wanted to wear pink cleats all season to honor his mother who passed away from breast cancer. They refused to allow Jerry Jones to put a sticker on the Cowboys helmets that honored the 5 Dallas police officers who were killed during a BLM riot. They can fine and suspend a player for being accused of a crime that the DA refused to prosecute because all of the evidence proved that the woman who accused him fabricated the entire story. They have carte blanche to suspend any player they decide has embarrassed the league, even if the incident occurred outside of work or in the off-season, and even if the event occurred before the player was even employed by an NFL team! But it's unacceptable for our President to suggest that players who embarrass our country and disrespect our flag, troops, veterans, and police officers should be punished in the same manner?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I copied this from a facebook post.

I think a lot of people feel this way

I personally would omit the part about Trump. I wish that he would have stayed out of it. But, the NFL powers that be.....should step in

Let me get this straight - Roger Goodell and the NFL threatened to fine a player a few years ago who wanted to wear special cleats that commemorated 9/11. They threatened to fine another player last year who wanted to wear pink cleats all season to honor his mother who passed away from breast cancer. They refused to allow Jerry Jones to put a sticker on the Cowboys helmets that honored the 5 Dallas police officers who were killed during a BLM riot. They can fine and suspend a player for being accused of a crime that the DA refused to prosecute because all of the evidence proved that the woman who accused him fabricated the entire story. They have carte blanche to suspend any player they decide has embarrassed the league, even if the incident occurred outside of work or in the off-season, and even if the event occurred before the player was even employed by an NFL team! But it's unacceptable for our President to suggest that players who embarrass our country and disrespect our flag, troops, veterans, and police officers should be punished in the same manner?
I agree with you that all that is ridiculous, but an employer is allowed to tell an employee how to dress in the work place, but an employer can't fire you for your religion of beliefs.

Considering how worried you guys are about vets, you guys know how much the Republican party screws over our veterans? Probably not or you wouldn't be this up in arms about it.

My buddy who is a veteran and volunteers for the local VA has zero issue with what is going on. You guys volunteer at the VA? Or are you just complaining about it like they are?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 10:37 AM Reply   
this is where we differ

the players are "on the clock"

owners most certainly have the right to dictate actions
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
this is where we differ

the players are "on the clock"

owners most certainly have the right to dictate actions
So can your employer fire you for giving a quick prayer at your desk?
Can he fire you if you don't feel like joining in the satanic ritual they do every monday morning in the basement? NO. You should understand your rights better, might help you someday.

How many hours down at your local VA you got?

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 09-25-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 10:48 AM Reply   
you are trying to drag me into a bigger debate.

and btw, I don't have an employer

but as an employer, I can certainly control my brand to some degree

as a company, we make multiple donations and hold fund raisers every year. Everyone contributes differentl
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
you are trying to drag me into a bigger debate.

and btw, I don't have an employer

but as an employer, I can certainly control my brand to some degree

as a company, we make multiple donations and hold fund raisers every year. Everyone contributes differentl
It isn't a bigger debate, it is the very debate at hand. Should your employer be able to force beliefs and traditions onto it's employee? The answer is no, and no matter how you feel about them protesting you should understand that is what makes this country so great. But then again, you guys don't think this country is great, look at your slogan, so maybe this doesn't apply to you. Maybe you would enjoy force traditions onto people.

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 09-25-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-25-2017, 10:55 AM Reply   
a. who cares? Stop wasting a perfectly good sunday in front of the TV.
b. since when is this most respectful of protests (merely quietly taking a knee) something to get so butthurt about? Nobody's burning a flag or disrupting much of anything here. In fact these guys are showing YOU enough respect to let you know through very quiet nonviolent action how upset they are.
c. NFL totally COULD try to prohibit this, but I think the horse is out of the barn and you'd end up with a player's strike at this point. The league is between a rock and a hard place as the result of the President's stupidity.
d. This impacts me about as much as Tebow's knee taking, which is to say not at all.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
why do you continue to stereotype everyone that takes a stance or offers opinion?

you guys?

I'm all for individual freedoms and freedom of speech. You are correct, that's why this country is great. But i won't let my bartenders, for example, spout their religious and political beliefs to bar customers. There job is to pour drinks and listen.....not preach their own beliefs

and yes, I've removed a couple of employees from tending, for doing just that
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
...But it's unacceptable for our President to suggest that players who embarrass our country and disrespect our flag, troops, veterans, and police officers should be punished in the same manner?
Yes! The 1st amendment protects all Americans against retribution from the govt for expressing their beliefs. Short of putting them in prison I'd say that the top govt executive calling for them to be punished is exactly what American principles forbid. Yes, a literal reading of the 1st does not explicitly forbid the President calling for citizens to be punished for their freedom of expression, but IMO that demonstrates a dangerous disregard for the purpose of the 1st amendment.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 11:01 AM Reply   
good point Shawndoggy

I actually never watch the anthem ceremony. I always record and watch a game in under an hour

and, you are probably right. It's much to late.

I hope that my Cowboys are still run like a professional organization, and go about business as usual

we shall see in a few hours
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
I actually agree John.....he should have either stayed out of it entirely, or provided a narrative that promotes healing

I also believe that of others....BLM, Al Sharpton.....either stay out of it, or promote healing

Last edited by ord27; 09-25-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
It isn't a bigger debate, it is the very debate at hand. Should your employer be able to force beliefs and traditions onto it's employee? The answer is no, and no matter how you feel about them protesting you should understand that is what makes this country so great. But then again, you guys don't think this country is great, look at your slogan, so maybe this doesn't apply to you. Maybe you would enjoy force traditions onto people.
There's a difference between your employer forcing you to comply with their beliefs, and an employee choosing to publicize their beliefs at work while representing their employers. I really don't think that's a bigger debate at all especially considering that it isn't the employers who seem to be turning this into the big deal it's become. You can thank the dumba$$ in the executive office for tooling his minions for much of this brouhaha.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
The reality is that if you don't care about the cause the players are trying to promote, then it's a non-issue. They kneel to make a statement and then life goes on. No harm, no foul. Nobody is hurt by their protests, unless you count being butt-hurt.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2017, 11:18 AM Reply   
John, seems that I remember that you once said that you kind of hope that our political culture implodes,so that real change occurs

looks like that is and has been happening

Look, I don't have any anger about this. I get involved on occasion just for the debate and the conversation. I have grown to respect yalls (John, wake....others) opinions

I do think that the current climate isn't helping end racism

I'm thinking about the kids that are born 15-20 years from now. What environment are they brought into?
Is a white kid that is passed over on college admission to a minority kid with less merit, going to make him more or less racist?
Is a black kid who's dad was wrongly jailed or shot by a cop, going to make him feel good about authority?

I don't have the answers. Most of us don't. But, I'm pretty sure that the way things are....isn't the answer

This country needs another MLK.

I feel strongly that the answer isn't to take away privileges from one group. It's to make sure all groups have privilege
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
John, seems that I remember that you once said that you kind of hope that our political culture implodes,so that real change occurs
I think that was in reference to the HC system. IOW I was saying that if we eliminated all govt rules that end up corrupting the free market and discriminating against citizens based on what job they have and whether their employer has special IRS plans that allow the govt to pay for part of their HC via diversion of tax money; then we would end up with anarchy and a collapse of the system thereby forcing reform. In that case anarchy could be the fastest path to get things done.

At other times I may have quipped about how we are incapable of handling problems unless they are are a crisis. But I wasn't suggesting anything except if we have a crisis then maybe something would get done. But no.... tearing down institutions and creating anarchy is more of what many Trump supporters seemed to believe Trump would do. And so far he seems to be delivering.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
I feel strongly that the answer isn't to take away privileges from one group. It's to make sure all groups have privilege
I do believe that black people in many cases have to deal with racism. And I do believe that there is an element of racism in many police dept. I also believe that many police have issues with respecting the rights of the public regardless of color (like the nurse in Utah). But even if black people have to deal with issues of racism more I don't agree with affirmative action because it makes random individuals the scapegoats for society. The best affirmative action is one that helps people of equal social status equally regardless of race.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-25-2017, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe you should thank the Orange oompa loompa for that. LOL
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-25-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicr View Post
Maybe you should thank the Orange oompa loompa for that. LOL
Yeah I have no idea WTF that guy is doing. Of all the things to stick your face into, he chose that. One of the most peaceful, least disrespectful protests of the last couple years & everyone all up in arms. SMH
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
No one joins the military to protect a flag, honor a song, or any other ceremonious moment. You serve to protect the freedom that these things represent. Freedom does not mean we will agree on every issue. They are kneeling during the anthem. What the hell is the big deal? I mean if you are watching a game at home, do you take a moment, remove the buffalo wing from your mouth, and stand while the anthem is playing?

The NFL was around long before Trump and will be around long after he's gone.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-25-2017, 2:54 PM Reply   
I made this post because my team was hiding, if they are so bold to stand against the national anthem ( for reasons they don't even know ) then do it in front of your fans. Grow a set and stop hiding. I stated in my first post, I did not shame them for kneeling or sitting ( I think they are weak) but for hiding. Cowardly way in making a stand. "WE WANTED TO KEEP NEUTRAL" Really, come out, be judged!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Sad. Pretty soon we'll have no national anthem. No one will fly the flag. The USA will have no identity, no traditions, no culture. Nothing.

The people kneeling want to change the country, but start by disrespecting it. Tell me how that accomplishes anything. If you want to make your job better or your relationship better do you start by disrespecting it to get what you want? These people kneeling are a bunch of babies.

If you don't love your country and pride your country you should leave it.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-25-2017, 3:57 PM Reply   
Page 62 of the National Felons League states that every player needs to stand at attention on the sidelines of a football game.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...hem/699886001/
It was OK for the entertainers to disrespect what our nations flag stands for but not ok for the Dallas Cowboys to wear a sticker on the side of their helmet to support the policeman shot by a BLM gunman. It was OK to disrespect out fallen warriors and policeman but not OK where a sticker on the side of your shoes to honer 9-11 victims. We will never forget. In fact you will be fined 6000 dollars.
The NFL has drawn lines here of what they will and will not support by allowing players and supporting players. They have also said where they stand on supporting 9-11 victims and police officers shot in the line of duty by BLM.

Last edited by deneng; 09-25-2017 at 4:02 PM.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-25-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
I agree with you that all that is ridiculous, but an employer is allowed to tell an employee how to dress in the work place, but an employer can't fire you for your religion of beliefs.
There have been plenty of teachers fired for their beliefs once they start teaching "their" religion in the public schools
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-25-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
Leftist tripe
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/..._medium=social
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-25-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
No one joins the military to protect a flag, honor a song, or any other ceremonious moment. You serve to protect the freedom that these things represent. Freedom does not mean we will agree on every issue. They are kneeling during the anthem. What the hell is the big deal? I mean if you are watching a game at home, do you take a moment, remove the buffalo wing from your mouth, and stand while the anthem is playing?
No, I don't stand at home, I am not there, but I have been to hundreds of games where they play the Anthem and 99.9% of the people and players stand to honor the soldiers who have died or fought for our freedom. So, the Anthem has been around before the NFL even started and I suspect now, it will be around a long time after the NFL folds.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-25-2017, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Page 62 of the National Felons League states that every player needs to stand at attention on the sidelines of a football game.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...hem/699886001/
It was OK for the entertainers to disrespect what our nations flag stands for but not ok for the Dallas Cowboys to wear a sticker on the side of their helmet to support the policeman shot by a BLM gunman. It was OK to disrespect out fallen warriors and policeman but not OK where a sticker on the side of your shoes to honer 9-11 victims. We will never forget. In fact you will be fined 6000 dollars.
The NFL has drawn lines here of what they will and will not support by allowing players and supporting players. They have also said where they stand on supporting 9-11 victims and police officers shot in the line of duty by BLM.
Did you happen to read your link?
Quote:
"It’s policy, it’s not a rule. I think where people are getting confused is, rules, that’s like holding or defensive pass interference, that’s a rule. This is policy," McCarthy said.*
McCarthy confirmed that the league will not assess penalties to players who either did not take the field for the anthem or who protested.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Sad. Pretty soon we'll have no national anthem. No one will fly the flag. The USA will have no identity, no traditions, no culture. Nothing.

The people kneeling want to change the country, but start by disrespecting it. Tell me how that accomplishes anything. If you want to make your job better or your relationship better do you start by disrespecting it to get what you want? These people kneeling are a bunch of babies.

If you don't love your country and pride your country you should leave it.
Exactly rightly said I don't understand why people don't get this there is literally zero point to argue here.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-25-2017, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Did you happen to read your link?
If you do not follow your policys in order to reach your missions then how will you succeed at anything .
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-25-2017, 6:01 PM Reply   
Funny ,

I am not allowed to make political statements while dressed in my uniform , while on my field of play . The same people complaining on the news about when someone does are the same people now saying these guys have a right to make a political statement whenever they choose. Wow.......again with the double standards.

All I have to say on this subject can be seen below.

Name:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  107.4 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-25-2017 at 6:10 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2017, 6:06 PM Reply   
And their white so don't get unjustifiably shot by the police twice a week
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 6:21 PM Reply   
Hockey players might not be whiny pussies but the people endlessly moaning about peaceful nonviolent protest on this thread sure are.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2017, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
No, I don't stand at home, I am not there, but I have been to hundreds of games where they play the Anthem and 99.9% of the people and players stand to honor the soldiers who have died or fought for our freedom. So, the Anthem has been around before the NFL even started and I suspect now, it will be around a long time after the NFL folds.
So you think the playing of the national anthem is to "honor the soldiers"? The national anthem is not a tribute song to soldiers.

LOL, that you think the NFL will fold over this. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Trump wouldn't have opened his mouth about it. All of the issues this country is facing and our president chooses to target the NFL and a few players exercising their FREEDOM. The freedom that soldiers (including myself) fought for. I never said I agreed with people not standing. However, I agree 1000% of their right to not stand for the anthem. That is the backbone of this country. Not a bunch of men whining about an issue that does not affect them one iota.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2017, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Funny ,

I am not allowed to make political statements while dressed in my uniform , while on my field of play . The same people complaining on the news about when someone does are the same people now saying these guys have a right to make a political statement whenever they choose. Wow.......again with the double standards.

All I have to say on this subject can be seen below.

Attachment 43606
You're a public servant. NFL players aren't.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-25-2017, 7:36 PM Reply   
Wake 77 your a Monumental POS, and when I say Monumental your not they Type of POS that they actually remove your thetype that says and lingers. Didn't you say you were gonna quit W/W when trump lost? O well LOL your such a TURD did I spell that right?

Last edited by grant_west; 09-25-2017 at 7:39 PM.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-25-2017, 7:40 PM Reply   
The one thing i learned more than any other thing stated here......................... Wes is old!!

Seriously, Thanks Wes for your entire families service to this country.

Listen, It's pretty clear that no one is going to change anyone else's mind on this. Yes all players have a right to protest, and all fans have a right to protest them.
This all started off with Kap standing up against racial injustice. And now it's turned into a big clusterfuc* on both sides. Trump is a crazy guy with a Phone addiction, and the left are a bunch of pansies that cry in their safe space every time they don't get their way. They are supposed to be the party that is tolerant and fights for free speech but they are showing they are just the opposite of that, by protesting violently against anything that is said that they don't agree with.
Finally the NFL is a F-ing Juggernaught like a previous poster said. They will suffer for a little bit but in the end it wont really affect anything. But if they really want to start fighting for racial injustice, then they need to go back into the inner cities and help the cause there. Simple statistics say that black on black murder far, far,far outnumber a few cops killing innocent Blacks. not to make light of the situation but Chris rock has a great video summarizing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B97w0QrDmZY

Last edited by three6ty; 09-25-2017 at 7:46 PM. Reason: spl
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-25-2017, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
WRONG AGAIN! White offenders are killed at twice the rate as blacks in 2017 . Straight from the data base

Police Shootings of 2017: 323 whites killed, 164 blacks killed & 112 hispanics killed. If those stats 17% of whites were unarmed , 19% of blacks were unarmed . Craziness

Please stop getting your fdata and opinions from BLM , CNN , and NFL players . Try and go straight to the actual data for future comments
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 10:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wake 77 your a Monumental POS, and when I say Monumental your not they Type of POS that they actually remove your thetype that says and lingers. Didn't you say you were gonna quit W/W when trump lost? O well LOL your such a TURD did I spell that right?
There like cockroaches you can't get rid of them they keep reappearing
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2017, 11:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
People are saying TRUMP is making America more devided. By doing what? Speaking his mind. I do get what people are talking about. But is this Trumps fault? I feel it's your right to protest and say what you like. And it's my right to tell you how I feel and spend my time and $ elsewhere. Both sides have the right.
The President has enormous power with his words, thats why historically presidents are very careful and measured about what they say and how they say it. This is something trump seems to have no concept of. When in the past have you seen the president call someone a son of a bitch and threaten nuclear war against another country in the same week? Never. This is the new normal.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2017, 1:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
WRONG AGAIN! White offenders are killed at twice the rate as blacks in 2017 . Straight from the data base
Your numbers aren't unjustified shootings but all shootings. But regardless, why would you be against the silent protest against the state killing it's citizens?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-26-2017, 3:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
You were too big of a p*ssy to take the bet. I guess you forget that part.

I'm a "Monumental POS"? Why's that? Because I did something that was actually patriotic and served the country while you buffoons believe you are real patriots because you are protesting against the NFL? Of course, you defend a man that said John McCain was not a hero.

Just ignore my posts. Real simple.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-26-2017, 3:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
There like cockroaches you can't get rid of them they keep reappearing
Dude, you just signed up for WW a couple of days ago. I have been posting here for almost ten years.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-26-2017, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:

Police Shootings of 2017: 323 whites killed, 164 blacks killed & 112 hispanics killed. If those stats 17% of whites were unarmed , 19% of blacks were unarmed . Craziness

Please stop getting your fdata and opinions from BLM , CNN , and NFL players . Try and go straight to the actual data for future comments
Considering blacks only make up 13% of the country, that isn't a good statistic. So thanks for proving Ralph right. Don't they make you go to college if you're in Swat?

BTW, what do white hockey players have to protest about? They're the most privileged out of any sport. great example.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-26-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
In light of the current climate, I'm relatively pleased about how the Cowboys demonstrated unity
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-26-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-26-2017, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
The President has enormous power with his words, thats why historically presidents are very careful and measured about what they say and how they say it. This is something trump seems to have no concept of. When in the past have you seen the president call someone a son of a bitch and threaten nuclear war against another country in the same week? Never. This is the new normal.
Yeah no, Trumann had a much bigger mouth
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-26-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah no, Trumann had a much bigger mouth
Quite a difference, Truman had a big mouth talking about a country that had attacked us and we were at war with. Trump is just escalating a situation. Take a look at how presidents talked during the cold war or the cuban missile crisis.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-26-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Dude, you just signed up for WW a couple of days ago. I have been posting here for almost ten years.
He has been getting **** wrong for 10 years
Old    deltahoosier            09-26-2017, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
I’ve seen a lot of posts over the last 24 hours regarding “respecting the flag” and what that means…and how athletes who use their public forum to voice dissent are somehow “unpatriotic”. I want to offer a different opinion.

My father is buried at the foot of the flagpole in Golden Gate National Cemetery. He landed at Normandy, fought at the Battle of the Bulge and liberated Nazi camps in Germany. His enemy was fascism. I served as a Green Beret in the early 1970s (pretty sure you all know what that entails). Our enemy at the time was communism. My son is currently a serving officer in the Army, who on his dress blues wears the Bronze Star he was awarded during a year-long tour in Afghanistan. His enemy is and was the Taliban and the threat of terrorism.

Three generations of my family, serving the USA, in harms’ way. Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait. ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them. All of them are intolerant and demand “loyalty” to the leader.

I can tell you, speaking for three generations of my family, it is PRECISELY for men like Kaepernick, and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve. There is NOTHING more respectful of our country than living up to its ideals. There is nothing more patriotic than to say “I’m concerned with injustice, and will use my position to try and address it.”

Want to know what’s unpatriotic? Using your privilege to avoid serving, citing “bone spurs in the heel” while playing varsity tennis at college while others went. Want to know what is antithetical to American values? Using the most powerful pulpit in the land to incite violence – against ANYONE. Want to define disgraceful behavior? Denigrating a man like Senator John McCain’s service and heroism while you sat home.

Want to respect the American flag? Then respect the ideals for which it stands. Bullying language and calling peaceful protesters “sons of bitches” who should be fired aren’t among them.

p..s. anyone wishing to share this, please feel free.

Sgt Michael Sand
This guy must have been pissed at Bill Clinton and Obama. Somehow I think not.
Old    deltahoosier            09-26-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
It doesn't disgrace them at all, as the vets above have stated (and countless more too).

As pointed out, the president's 5 deferments and disparaging comments about McCain and others that have served and lost loved ones who've served are what's disgraceful.
You were not so magnanimous about McCain when he was running for president.
Old    deltahoosier            09-26-2017, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think that people died so a small sector of the population could make millions of dollars playing a game. Now, they did give their lives to uphold the constitution and values that you guys and Trump keep trying to forget about. You guys are so quick to bring up the constitution when it comes to guns, but so quick to **** on it when it comes to free speech.
You mean like your buddies out there splitting open heads because they don't like certain speech?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2017, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Considering blacks only make up 13% of the country, that isn't a good statistic. So thanks for proving Ralph right. Don't they make you go to college if you're in Swat?

BTW, what do white hockey players have to protest about? They're the most privileged out of any sport. great example.
You are so blinded by your white guilt. The numbers are slapping you in the face. Read and take notes. The percentages are well under the median of what should be . This entire cause is completely made up .

Blacks make up approximately 13% of the US population while they commit 52% of crime.

1. Data shows that 93 percent of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks.

The left's rebuttal is that that 84 percent of white homicide victims are killed by other whites, but The Wall Street Journal's Jason Riley points out that the white crime rate is "much lower than the black rate."

2. According to Riley, "Blacks commit violent crimes at 7 to 10 times the rate that whites do."

Blacks committed 52 percent of homicides between 1980 and 2008, despite composing just 13 percent of the population. Across the same timeframe, whites committed 45 percent of homicides while composing 77% of the population, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

Here are some more statistics from the FBI:

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

3. Black crime is even more prevalent in the country's largest cities and counties.

Heather Mac Donald writes in her book The War on Cops: How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe that in Chicago, IL, blacks committed 76 percent of all homicides, despite composing 35 percent of the city's population. Blacks also accounted for 78 percent of all juvenile arrests. Whites, who compose 28 percent of the city's population, committed 4 percent of its homicides and 3.5 percent of its juvenile arrests. Hispanics, who compose 30 percent of the city's population, committed 19 percent of its homicides and 18 percent of its juvenile arrests. (Another eye-opening fact from Mac Donald's research is that only 26 percent of murder cases were solved in Chicago.)

Blacks are 10 percent of the population in Los Angeles, CA, but commit 42 percent of its robberies and 34 percent of its felonies. Whites make up 29 percent of the city's population, and commit 5 percent of its robberies and 13 percent of its felonies.

In New York City, blacks committed "75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime," despite only composing 23 percent of the population, said Mac Donald in a Hillsdale speech. Additionally, 2009 Bureau of Justice Statistics numbers show that in 2009, "blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties."
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-26-2017, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You mean like your buddies out there splitting open heads because they don't like certain speech?
I've called ANTIFA D-bags over and over. No idea where you got that from.
Old    deltahoosier            09-26-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
When does that happen? You are mistaking being shot by someone of your same race as being shot by cops.
Old    deltahoosier            09-26-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your numbers aren't unjustified shootings but all shootings. But regardless, why would you be against the silent protest against the state killing it's citizens?
We are against the state almost every election. Why do you think conservatives want smaller government? Maybe you will get it. The police are forced to uphold the laws that the citizens make. Every one of those laws is an opportunity for an interaction of the state against YOU. Unfortunately, the police are left to deal with the unhinged masses. Now ad a culture that will murder each other at the drop of a hat and this is what you end up with. Lucky it is not as bad as it could be.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2017, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Considering blacks only make up 13% of the country, that isn't a good statistic. Don't they make you go to college if you're in Swat?

So crunch those numbers I just provided and get back to me. Tell me exactly what the percentages equate too. It's clear you're the one without college. . Your white guilt won't let you compute the actual factual data and interpret it correctly. The data actually shows the percentage of blacks to be shot and killed during a police use of force encounter to be under that percentage of a white use of force encounter with police. Pull out a calculator and head back to your high school statistics teacher. Maybe he will teach you how to figure out what means, averages, baselines , and percentages actual mean and how to compute them.

Is your face tired of getting %^^ slapped with factual data to disprove your false narrative yet? The only way your narrative is remotely true is to completely ignore the numbers. You just make this stuff too easy

Now hockey is pivaleged and racist. It must be because they don't kneel right? How about baseball? That white pribalage sport too ?

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-26-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-26-2017, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
So crunch those numbers I just provided and get back to me. Tell me exactly what the percentages equate too. It's clear you're the one without college. . Your white guilt won't let you compute the actual factual data and interpret it correctly. The data actually shows the percentage of blacks to be shot and killed during a police use of force encounter to be under that percentage of a white use of force encounter with police. Pull out a calculator and head back to your high school statistics teacher. Maybe he will teach you how to figure out what means, averages, baselines , and percentages actual mean and how to compute them.

Is your face tired of getting %^^ slapped with factual data to disprove your false narrative yet? The only way your narrative is remotely true is to completely ignore the numbers. You just make this stuff too easy

Now hockey is pivaleged and racist. It must be because they don't kneel right? How about baseball? That white pribalage sport too ?
Your stats come straight copy and paste from a right wing article. What calculations did you do again? They're wrong. Unarmed blacks are killed at twice the rate as unarmed whites. So I know for a fact that whatever you're posting isn't real. Just more copy and paste from you. That's all you ever got. Just a sheep to right wing websites.

It is no secret to make it in hockey that mommy and daddy have to fork over more than 10 grand a season growing up to make it anywhere.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2017, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
1. Data shows that 93 percent of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks.
True, because generally blacks hang out with blacks and white hang out with whites so when they fight its more often with each other

Quote:
2. According to Riley, "Blacks commit violent crimes at 7 to 10 times the rate that whites do."
True. Why do you think this is the case?

Quote:
3. Black crime is even more prevalent in the country's largest cities and counties.s.
True, and to be expected.

1. I don't think blacks are genetically predisposed to be criminal
2. Therefore the stats represent a systemic/societal problem
3. I don't blame police for the shooting stats, they are overworked, most likely suffering from PTSD and do a hell of a job considering the enviroment they work in
4. I don't feel guilty for being white, I just think the system doesn't work and we can do better

Regards Trumps roll
1. Trump is preparing for war, why he continues with this foolishness about taking a knee shows his quality as a leader.
2. The result of war with NK will be millions of civilian NK casualties, these people are basically hostages to a mad man. Blood will be on the US's hands again. Seems lessons of the past haven't been learned.

But thanks for all the personal insults.
Old    deltahoosier            09-26-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your stats come straight copy and paste from a right wing article. What calculations did you do again? They're wrong. Unarmed blacks are killed at twice the rate as unarmed whites. So I know for a fact that whatever you're posting isn't real. Just more copy and paste from you. That's all you ever got. Just a sheep to right wing websites.

It is no secret to make it in hockey that mommy and daddy have to fork over more than 10 grand a season growing up to make it anywhere.
You are wrong. I have posted those exact facts from the DOJ right here on this board. I will take it a step further. If you boil down the numbers further. 12% of the population is 50% of them are men and of that, maybe 50% are old and too young. You are looking at 3% of the population committing 50% of all murders.

I understand black people are in a bind. I have been in enough battles with my best friend growing up to know what he had to deal with. I can also understand that people who live in that horrible culture that are out gang banging and so on are most likely living with PTSD daily. You have to be. There is almost zero chance they are not.

With that said, this whole cops shooting black people all over is a LIE!!!! Of the cases people are trying to make out to be the cause, those were debunked and found that the black guy tried to kill the cop. Now the inner city masses are out burning down everything and NFL players are out protesting based on a LIE.

This is where regular Americans are never going to see eye to eye. We see the lie. We are also sympathetic for the most part, however this notion that we are entitled makes me want to punch someone in the face. ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE SAME! I don't know what it is with this group think. Me and my wife get accused of being entitled because we are white but now one was saying that when she was living in a car and a tent as a child and a teen. No one was saying that when we went from a single income household to a no income household when I was 8 years old. Lost our house and went to class anyway in college because they thought I was lying on family income so they would not process my financial applications. Where was our head start?

Black people at my wifes work actually believe that white people never struggled. They believe that Chit. That is why fly over country white people are getting pissed. They keep getting that bull crap shoved down their throat daily from the news, Hollywood and now the NFL. They are over it.

As far as the knee goes. Don't really care. I think it is disrespectful. Not all players displayed the proper decorum over the years anyway. It is an issue with most Americans because the protest was done over a horrible lie to begin with and now they are shoving it in their living room.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2017, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:

Now the FBI crime stats are false and racist ! Geeezus man. You are sick !

Oh you mean white privalege equates to mom and dad working, providing a stable environment for their children's growth, and in lot of cases working overtime and/or 2 jobs in order to pay for their kids sport is racist ? Here I thought it was called being a responsiible , caring adult/parent. It's clear you know jack $&&& about hockey . The highest areas of concentrated players that make it to the NHL have the lowest costs for participation as well as income levels consistent with the middle/working class.

If you don't think a Div 1 college football recruit doesn't live a privaleged life you're an idiot. Lets also compare pro salaries of each and the league minimums . Sooo privaleged