Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-05-2017, 3:37 PM Reply   
Our G23 is a couple years old now and about to be out of warranty next season. I'm looking at alternatives to Nautique right now and was wondering if anyone could give feedback on a pre-2016 G23 vs. new Supra SA. It's a bonus that it's less money but I don't want to downgrade. Is the SA wakeboard wake wider/narrower, as big, tough to get even on both sides, good transition, is it vertical or rampy, etc? How slow can you ride it? I figure it must be a great wake for pros if it's used on the tour but is it still good for an average rider? Would I even notice much of a difference between a SA and a G23?

How does the surf wake size, push, steepness, adjustability compare?

We'll absolutely take the supra for a test ride but I find that setup makes all the difference and it's tough to get enough time in a demo to get the wake the way a person likes it. For example, we found the 2017 G23 surf wake way too steep for us. We had a couple hours and tried adjusting NCRS, NSS and speed but it didn't seem to help. Later they told us that dropping weight in the back is the solution.