Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-27-2016, 6:43 AM Reply   
So regular wave is super easy to dial in. 100% ballast all around and if we have 4 in the boat, then we do driver and 3 on surf side in corner. Good wave. With a large group we do driver, 1-2 in bow, and the rest stacked on surf side or on rear facing seat. Huge wave!

Looking for some pointers on the goofy wave. I have noticed it takes a lot of bow weight to get a good clean wave. we usually load 100% all around and then put 2-3 people in the bow and maybe 1-2 in in the rear. This produces a clean wave but it is considerably smaller than regular. If we stack everyone in the rear it becomes steep but washed out. I tried dropping opposite side to 80% but that didn't do much.

The goofy wave is nice, just want to get it closer to the regular wave. Lucky for me I ride regular but can have 3-4 who ride goofy on the boat at a time. Any suggestions on goofy side?
Old     (SlippinJimmie16)      Join Date: Jun 2016       07-27-2016, 7:08 AM Reply   
The Ronix wake shapper has made a big difference on the boats I've been behind this year however each of the owners have reported the Velcro coming off the boat and the shapper itself so I would hesitate to endorse the product as after two weeks you'll be researching alternative methods of securing it to the boat.

Could just be a hull specific issue, I've found Nautique 210 and 211's to throw a better wake with less effort on the goofy side that has be considering learning to ride switch to take advantage
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-27-2016, 12:13 PM Reply   
It has the Supra Swell system so no need for a wakeshaper
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-27-2016, 12:49 PM Reply   
Congrats on the boat Matt! The SE has a fantastic wave on both sides, however, due to the prop rotation the goofy wave takes a little bit more effort to dial in. Give this setting a try: 100% on surf side, 80% on non-surf side and 60% ballast up front. The little bit of lean should help clean up the wave, and not having so much weight up front will make sure it stays tall and pushes! Also, play around with the swell settings. I know on the SA the stock setting puts the swell at about 70% down, but we have found that the wake has a much nicer shape to it when the plates are 45-50% down. Hope this helps! Let us know how it works for you.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-27-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips Ttime I'll give that a try!
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-27-2016, 7:40 PM Reply   

Here is my goofy wake on my Supra SE550, 2 people in boat driver on goofy side and other guy on goofy side, no one up front. I use the setting in the picture and just switch to other side.
Attached Images

Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-27-2016, 8:07 PM Reply   
Your plate and swell are the same for goofy as regular?
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-27-2016, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
Your plate and swell are the same for goofy as regular?

Smart plate settings yes, swell settings stay the same but switch sides depending on which side you are surfing.
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-27-2016, 8:26 PM Reply   
Yeah, got that part. Just curious because on my SE it seems like my swell setting for regular surf us way different than goofy. I'll check it this weekend.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-27-2016, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
Yeah, got that part. Just curious because on my SE it seems like my swell setting for regular surf us way different than goofy. I'll check it this weekend.

I was having issues with goofy wake when I first got my boat so I went looking for help and found this setup on here and is pretty good for me. If there is a better setup I would love to see it.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-03-2016, 1:22 PM Reply   
Matt

Here is some settings from Dan S from WEST who owns a 16 SG450 yes i know they hulls are a bit different. Might be worth a try, we rode behind his boat and his wave was one of the best surf wave i have seen.

How do you like the Supra SE ? I am about to order a 2017 SE450 in the next few week they have really come a long way to say the least.

I'm finding that these boats although surf GREAT on the Swell System, they love to be listed as well. On the goofy side, try filling starboard 100%, center/bow 65%, port empty. Use the port side swell tab to push down any foam, like 10-15. I like a real steep wave, so I run the smart plate near 0 and 11.2-4 depending on additional weight/passengers.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-04-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
Dave

I love our SE! Ours is a 15' SE450 and honestly every time I take it out I fall in love with it a bit more. We got it new in January of this year and have put just over 60 hours on it with 0 problems. Multiple people say it produces the best wave they have ever rode on. The wake is awesome for boarding too. Not finnicky at all and holds form from 18-24mph

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try fully listing the boat here in the coming week or two. Last weekend I had 100 on goofy, 100 in middle and 75 on regular with two people on surf side and two on the spectator seat and we had one of the best goofy waves it's put out so far.
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-06-2016, 8:22 PM Reply   
Here are the setting we use. All of my people ride goofy.