Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
hey i've been seeing some pros wearing those compresion leg sleeves. rathy has one that he got from a friend in korea which i don't think they sell here in america.

i was looking into these things for post-knee surgery. i've had reconstructions on both knees and i'm a couple years out from each. was thinking about taking the knee brace(s) off and replacing them with some kind of compression sleeve. the one rathy has is pretty custom though... just wondering what kind the other riders were wearing and where you can buy something like this here in america: http://gamzimall.com/shop/goods/good...dsno=186785646
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
here is a korean wake video showcasing these sleeves, its called ArmorSkin...
Old     (jordansudberry)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-01-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Ive seen things similar to them here. You can buy compression pants for snow skiing that have different stretch around certain muscles that put more pressure against the muscle as you are riding a flexing it and the idea is that it keeps your muscle from tiring out and give it more support. I have never seen just a leg sleeve though. I would think it is the same concept though.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansudberry View Post
Ive seen things similar to them here. You can buy compression pants for snow skiing that have different stretch around certain muscles that put more pressure against the muscle as you are riding a flexing it and the idea is that it keeps your muscle from tiring out and give it more support. I have never seen just a leg sleeve though. I would think it is the same concept though.
right but these things have silicone tapping that is part of the sleeve.... im wondering where i can buy one, but here in Amurrrica.... http://gamzimall.com/shop/goods/good...5646&category=
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
2XU makes these things: http://www.2xu.com/product/262/Compr...Leggings/12/67
Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-01-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
what is the difference between these compression sleeves and a regular knee brace?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-01-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
it has to do with blood flow and muscle contraction more than stabilization
Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-01-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
ok thanks for the info. i had arthoscopic knee surgery this summer and i have a slip on knee brace that i got at wallgreens and it doesn't stay in place when i surf and wakeboard so what are some braces you all would recommend?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-01-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
so these things seem to be just like what all the Olympic Athletes had on during the Olympics this year but in Sleeve form???
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-01-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Essentially. More like a combo of underarmor and that tape on top.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
it basically replaces kinesiology tape
Old     (jonori)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-14-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
I sell compression sleeves and I use them for running (I just got in to triathlons). I have never thought about using them for wakeboarding but it makes sense. In my eyes, the benefit would be a decrease in vibration in your lower legs during landing. This would lead to your legs being less sore the next day. I used to get shin splints when I would ride a lot and play other sports too. This would have helped with that.

I sell and use a brand called CEP. I like them a lot. I will have to try them while boarding next time.

http://www.activelifestore.com/brand...eg-sleeve.html
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-15-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
I've met with the business development guys from 2XU a couple of times now in my line of work. Their stuff seems pretty legit although I am not wearing any of it at this point, mostly because I havent been real active lately. I think their goods are in over 50 NFL and NBA locker rooms right now. I'd suggest giving it a shot....it cant hurt. I'd also think the recovery sleeves could be great after a long weekend for those of us who go to work on a Monday and sit at a desk all day.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-08-2013, 1:19 PM Reply   
I wear the 2XU sleeves on my lower legs for running. For the purpose I use them for, which is minimizing shin splints, they work great!
Old     (EnerSkin)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-27-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
Hello Friends:

Good news. The entire ArmorSkin product line is coming stateside!

In partnership with Gamzi, Inc. we are re-branding the product line under the new global name "EnerSkin" (UnderArmour didn't want us selling here in the US under the original name too much )

Anyway, we are in the process of updating the factory to generate EnerSkin branded and packaged items with official U.S. sizes. This should be complete in a month or so.

The entire line (sleeves, shirts, etc.) will be available soon on our US website www.EnerSkinAmerica.com and hopefully at a retailer near you.

This is real, official and happening - not a knockoff - we have partnered with Gamzi, Inc. out of Korea.

Please tune into www.EnerSkinAmerica.com for more info....and e-mail me if you want to be kept updated on when the products are available.

Thanks,
John
Partner
EnerSkin America, inc.
John@EnerSkinAmerica.com
www.EnerSkinAmerica.com
Old     (EnerSkin)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-11-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
Hi All:

Just a quick update that we are now up and running on Facebook and Twitter.
We hope to have products for sale within a month!

facebook.com/EnerSkin
twitter.com/EnerSkin

Regards,
John
EnerSkin America, Inc.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-11-2014, 8:40 PM Reply   
Tommie Copper
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-15-2014, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerSkin View Post
Hello Friends:

Good news. The entire ArmorSkin product line is coming stateside!

In partnership with Gamzi, Inc. we are re-branding the product line under the new global name "EnerSkin" (UnderArmour didn't want us selling here in the US under the original name too much )

Anyway, we are in the process of updating the factory to generate EnerSkin branded and packaged items with official U.S. sizes. This should be complete in a month or so.

The entire line (sleeves, shirts, etc.) will be available soon on our US website www.EnerSkinAmerica.com and hopefully at a retailer near you.

This is real, official and happening - not a knockoff - we have partnered with Gamzi, Inc. out of Korea.

Please tune into www.EnerSkinAmerica.com for more info....and e-mail me if you want to be kept updated on when the products are available.

Thanks,
John
Partner
EnerSkin America, inc.
John@EnerSkinAmerica.com
www.EnerSkinAmerica.com
Any chance you will ship to Europe?
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-16-2014, 12:46 PM Reply   
I have some Skins A200 compression tights that I wear occasionally when CrossFitting. They're ok. However, if knee issues are your concern and you want a knee compression sleeve that won't slip off, I cannot recommend Rehband enough. Look them up on Amazon. They're not cheap, but they work. I wear those almost every day I work out. As I've progressed at wakeboarding and started landing in the flats on some of my wake jumps, I've noticed it's much harder on my knees so I started wearing them for wakeboarding as well. I probably look like a Wally but who cares? My knees don't hurt the next day if I wear 'em, so imma keep wearin' 'em!
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-16-2014, 12:54 PM Reply   
Specifically, you want the Rehband 7mm knee sleeve (the blue one).
Old     (EnerSkin)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-01-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
Hi:

We absolutely will once we get North America operations up and running. We are currently working hard on the re-branding, adjusting sizing for global sales, etc.

Thanks!
John
EnerSkinAmerica.com
facebook.com/EnerSkin
twitter.com/EnerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonz View Post
Any chance you will ship to Europe?
Old     (brithunsicker)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-02-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs_place View Post
ok thanks for the info. i had arthoscopic knee surgery this summer and i have a slip on knee brace that i got at wallgreens and it doesn't stay in place when i surf and wakeboard so what are some braces you all would recommend?
Greg, a good brand for a knee brace is at CTI, which you can have the doctor get you that is custom fitted. It would be a good idea to try and get your insurance to cover the bulk of the price, because they can go up to $1500.
Old     (EnerSkin)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-06-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
Hello All:

Hope everyone had a good summer!

I'm pleased to announce that the EnerSkin (nee ArmorSkin) website is now live!
www.EnerSkin.com

We are offering all the ArmorSkin products - re-branded in North America as EnerSkin.

Knee Sleeves, Tights, Shirts, Calf Sleeves and more!

Compression meets sports taping...

Please visit our website for more information.

Thanks,

John
EnerSkin.com
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       10-07-2014, 7:12 AM Reply   
Congratulations John!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-09-2014, 12:20 PM Reply   
interesting discussion

I was wondering about the copper laced compressions as well, any experiences?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-13-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
???
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-13-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
JOhn this stuffs expensive so one what kind of warranty do they come with and how well will they hold up in watersports? constantly being under water and drying out ...

The technology looks good but I need to know more about how the product will hold up.. I currently use compression under garments from UA for snow and wake and it holds uo great but they obviously do not have the same tech as you guys so give me some real feedback on the durability for watersport activity..

thanks
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-19-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
NOthing?
Old     (EnerSkin)      Join Date: Dec 2013       11-20-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
Hi Bill:

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't monitor this message board often enough!

Please see some information below regarding water sports. If you have any further questions, please feel to reach out to me directly.

1. Info from our product team:
The material is highly durable in water sports and worn by many triathletes and other athletes who participate in water. The material of gastex is comparable to the material of arena swimwear (apparently a well know swimwear company). Also with water sports, the product doesn't have to be worn with the Silicon tape side in; it can be worn tape side out and still maintain the same effect of the silicon taping due to the permeability effect. (Where as in dry sports, it loses about 30-40 % effectiveness when compared to tape side in).

2. We have a number of Wakeboard athletes currently using EnerSkin products around the globe. From an endorsement perspective, we received some great comments from Australian professional Aaron Petty:
"After three knee surgeries in three consecutive years and some 24 months of injury time i for one need anything i can to increase my potential on the water. A few months ago i was introduced to enerskin, a compression sleeve that would change my riding for the better. After wearing these things for a couple of days i noticed i could ollie normally again and i could move my leg around without annoying delay, this has really been boosting my confidence to try bigger and better things that id never thought i’d be doing on a wakeboard. I would definitely recommend the gear to anyone looking for a bit of an extra kick and improvement in their daily ride. "

Best Regards,

John F.
EnerSkin.com
john@enerskin.com