Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-19-2009, 1:03 AM Reply   
If you don't know what Aquapalooza is its a huge party on the water that's suppose to be a nation wide deal put on by Sea Ray! Well anyways We tie the ship (Buddy's Malibu VLX) up with all the Wakeboard boats and start getting our game faces on with Adult Beverages and start drooling over the scenery! So next to us is a 08 X Star and on the other side is a Bayliner F20. Bud and I are watching the captain of the Bayliner suck face with this chick in the front and on the back of his boat is like 15 people on the swim deck and sun deck dancing to his riff raff music. We all a sudden realized the swim deck is going down way to low (Knee Deep) and we start yelling at people to get off! I start untying the back and bud jumps to the front of his boat and unties as were at the rub rails on his boat. And we watch the captain go down with his ship. Not a good day for that guy!

The Boards were saved tho!
Upload
Standing on the tower and looking like a yard sale!
Upload
Officers Help!
Upload
Upload
Old    murrayair            07-19-2009, 2:06 AM Reply   
Wow. Always check those plugs, I guess. Not a fun day for that guy.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-19-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
haha damn that sucks

thanks for posting man
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-19-2009, 5:27 AM Reply   
oh and I love the smiley face on the canoe in the first picture, pretty ironic
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
i love how that girl is pulling the board off. lol
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-19-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
And then someone said "Boy, that thing tanked almost as fast as a Bayliner's resale value"
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
That almost happened to me one time. I was at Orwood setting up my boat and my brother asked me to put his jetski in for him that he had just had serviced and was bringing back to his place at Disco. He had this crazy Astro van that was wider than the trailer and I jacknived the thing backing it down a couple times. Went and parked his van and had to run across a dirt parking lot bare foot. By this time it was like 95 degrees and I was pissed. I Got in my truck put my boat in and we started trolling down the slough. The infloor cooler popped out of the floor and my wife freaked out. I instantly looked in the cup holder where I keep the plug and there it was. Grabbed it lifted the motor box and screwed it in. The water was up to the bottom of the floorboards. The bilge pumped out the water and luckily we were on our way.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
rich, over ride the bilge! thats extra ballast!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
I never thought of it that way David.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-19-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
What is the chick with the gloves on doing? Turning her head and hoping it will dissappear so she wont be embarrassed? she has to be at least standing on the side of the boat that is sunk right?
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-19-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
We were amazed to see the boat actually sink. We figured it would swamp and just sit there at the gunwales, but the whole thing went down. We noticed his bilge on earlier in the day, but didn't think much of it.

Here's a few I shot from my phone after they were detached from the group. The I/O was trying to pull them in just about chopped bodies up, there were a ton of people in the water around the boat and he was thrashing forward, then reverse....crazy stuff. BB told me later he got a BUI.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-19-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Dillon - That smiley face on the canoe cracked me up as well and to have the captain of the ship in the water right next to it

Anodyne - LMAO that boat was waaayyyyy over priced in the first place now to try to sell a swamped boat haha

JonnyWakeLV.com - That chick that's standing on the vessel actually decided to save beer koozie's and put them on here hands to help her swim faster!
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-19-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Jeff its about time you post them pictures! haha I still can't believe it happened right next to us!
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-19-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Yep, very bizarre. Happened so slow, here's a few more.

Upload
Upload
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
I can see the ad now:

"LIKE NEW!! Runs real good/tower/tower spkrs! slight interior wtr dmg"
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
wow, bummer!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-19-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
i was just kidding rich.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
a few more I received...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by dirtysparks on July 20, 2009)
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Damn that sucks for that guy.
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
That sucks for the dude...

I am not one to judge the guy though.
It can happen...
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Another angle...you can see how much my vlx was leaning at that point.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-27-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
The guy whos boat sank got a BUI, or the guy pulling him? Technically he didn't operate his boat if it sank!
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
The guy pulling him out ran into a pontoon.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Wow, just a clusterf*ck of an operation. I am amazed to see that prop spinning with that many people near it and no one got injured.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
Clusterf*ck it was....here's an aerial view, our location circled.

Upload
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-27-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
Do you think it was the drain plugs or the extra people on the swim platform that busted some mounts or something?
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-27-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Not sure what the true cause was yet! Like Jeff said we noticed the bilge pump pumping water out for awhile before the sank. A bud at the dealer shop where the boat was taken is going to keep us posted.