Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (wakemastercraft)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-14-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys, My boat is being worked on locally, and one thing to replace is the interior. I get out of school in 2 weeks, but the place ordering says it takes Mastercraft 6-8 weeks to get the interior out?!?! That means I won't have my boat for more than a month of summer!?! Does anyone know if that is an accurate time table, or if there is ANYWAY of getting it hurried up?

Thanks,
Chris
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
have it made locally, you can have it done in less than a week.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
Have you given Mastercraft a call? I am sure they could tell you.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-14-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Use your boat till they get the interior in and then take it back to them unless your interior is so messed up the boat isn't usable.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-14-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
time frame is about right. they build the interiors to order, nothing is stocked.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, that seems about right. I used to work for a MC dealer and was the "parts guy". Darren is right, everything is made to order, not stocked. I also agree with Brett. If its a piece you can get around without I would use the boat and then take it back in.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-14-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Maybe since MC picked up market share they are overwhelmed with boat orders? I would think they would want to get your $5000. I would have it custom made locally probubly 1/2 the cost and 1/6 the time.
Good Luck.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-14-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
Check a couple places like

Bay Area Watersports

Rambo Marine

OR Mastercraft of Charlotte.

They stock a ton of Mc stuff like skins. Depending on the year and model.......Liek others have said local place will be much cheapper and much quicker, but depending on the boat you may miss some "MC Only" design factors.

(Message edited by xstarrider on April 14, 2009)