Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-30-2018, 1:20 PM Reply   
"If Jesus showed up and ran for president in 2020 on a platform that human empathy and compassion is more important than personal wealth, do you think Trump supporters would call him a libtard to his face or just behind his back?" -not my joke but so true.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-30-2018, 1:36 PM Reply   
Lol republicans (and most christians) abandoned the historical Jesus long ago.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-30-2018, 2:09 PM Reply   
They abandoned the libtard Jesus, but not the "absolve me of my sins" Jesus. Because the latter negates the need for the former.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-30-2018, 3:09 PM Reply   
IMO, The way trump has "governed" has no doubt had an lifting affect on the economy. That was one of the things that got him elected. But … to think your gonna drop the mic after this qtr is extremely short sighted. BTW, 4.1 IS a good number. Did Obama "drop the mic" after he did it 4 times? or that time he hit 5.1? More importantly I doubt it will continue at this pace. Too many factors weighing in on the particular qtr. Trumps tariffs. After the tariffs China bought up stockpiles of soybeans as to get in before the tax. That wont happen again (it was 25% of ag gains). The tax plan was a boost, those companies wont continue handing out bonuses. Govt spending has been historically high. His EPA has been busy removing any and nearly all environmental regulations. As long as you approve of borrowing from your grandkids to pay off billionaires, its a theory that works, for a while. Like most trump triumphs, imo he is cheating. He is taking care of his GOP donors, big corporations and the top few percent on the income scale. Does anyone really think this is sustainable?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-citizen-study
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ax-cuts-747649
Most of the population of the usa are not enjoying this great success. In fact only 52% of Americans own any stock. The top 1% own 38% of all stocks. 80% of Americans own a total of 8% of all stocks. And dont kid yourself, you dont have the type of stock that corporate own. Look into the difference of A shares, B shares....none of this is a level playing field. GOP and trump Fing over middle and most of America and making income distribution worse than ever all while firing up the cult who mostly get nothing out of it.. He certainly got the research on cult science right.

Last edited by 95sn; 07-30-2018 at 3:12 PM. Reason: affect/effect?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-31-2018, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Lol republicans (and most christians) abandoned the historical Jesus long ago.
Trump is the prime example why religious organizations should not be involved in politics. Trump is pretty much everything the Christian churches are against. Personally, ANY church that makes a political contribution (and I don't care which party receives the contribution(s)) should immediately lose their tax-exempt status.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-31-2018, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Trump is the prime example why religious organizations should not be involved in politics. Trump is pretty much everything the Christian churches are against. Personally, ANY church that makes a political contribution (and I don't care which party receives the contribution(s)) should immediately lose their tax-exempt status.
Forget contribution, if their representative (priest, pasteur, secretary, whatever) say "you should vote for ..." they need to pay their admission price like everyone else. Priests shouldn't even be allowed to vote until they pay taxes, cost of admission.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-31-2018, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Priests shouldn't even be allowed to vote until they pay taxes, cost of admission.
well, truth be told, I'm sure lots of people would be happy with those who "don't pay taxes" (which in reality is IMPOSSIBLE***) not voting.

***sales tax, property tax, tolls, gas tax, etc. all hit consumers whether they file a 1040 or not.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2018, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
well, truth be told, I'm sure lots of people would be happy with those who "don't pay taxes" (which in reality is IMPOSSIBLE***) not voting.

***sales tax, property tax, tolls, gas tax, etc. all hit consumers whether they file a 1040 or not.
We don't know what Trump files, but we do know He Pays NO taxes!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2018, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Does anyone really think this is sustainable?
We will see.
Most of the population of the usa are not enjoying this great success. In fact only 52% of Americans own any stock. The top 1% own 38% of all stocks. 80% of Americans own a total of 8% of all stocks. And dont kid yourself, you dont have the type of stock that corporate own. Look into the difference of A shares, B shares....none of this is a level playing field. GOP and trump Fing over middle and most of America and making income distribution worse than ever all while firing up the cult who mostly get nothing out of it.. He certainly got the research on cult science right.
Only 52% of Americans own any stock.
80% of Americans own a total of 8% of all stocks.These numbers Don't add up!
Trump has made a lot of rich people in America richer, but what people don't know is that one third of Our stock market is held by people Outside the USA, so Trump has also made rich people outside the USA much richer, so much for American exceptionalism.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-01-2018, 10:53 AM Reply   
Now we know where Grant and the other mental midgets get their wacky theories

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.251293ce9587
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2018, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Only 52% of Americans own any stock.
80% of Americans own a total of 8% of all stocks.These numbers Don't add up!
Trump has made a lot of rich people in America richer, but what people don't know is that one third of Our stock market is held by people Outside the USA, so Trump has also made rich people outside the USA much richer, so much for American exceptionalism.
Sorry, You are right... my bad. Here is a correction w/ source.
Only 52% own any stock, so roughly half of Americans are not part of this investment.
The top 1% own 38% of the market.
The next 9% own 43% of the Market.
So the top10% own 81% of the market.
The remaining 90% of Americans own less than 19% of the market. (thats me and you)

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...ck-market.aspx
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2018, 2:32 PM Reply   
I tuned into Hannity last night. His rhetoric is ratcheting up! He looks like his gasket is gonna blow on live TV.
As is trumps...his tweet
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...al-evidence%2F

I think the investigation is closing in and Cohen ready to spill... they feel the heat. Its like the weather outside.
And Gulianni...Colusion is not a crime! Conspiracy, Obstruction and violating the Emoluments clause are.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2018, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now we know where Grant and the other mental midgets get their wacky theories
“Whacky Theories” Wes um you mean like where I said you were Un hindged, & you were on the edge of a melt down! I think you have had no less then 2-3 melts downs in this very thread! How is that for Whacky Theories! For you? Buhaaaaaaaa! Please return to your safe space, therapy dogs & play Dough will be provided.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-02-2018, 2:19 AM Reply   
There there Granty, your dumbass is showing. And so is your dear leader's lol
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2018, 9:16 AM Reply   
Dear Obozo personally I keep my ID right next to my ATM card in this thing called a wallet. If you don’t have a wallet or ID why not use your “Race Card” you seem to always have that close by and have no problem flashing it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2018, 10:13 PM Reply   
“I just come here to kick u retards “
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2018, 10:26 PM Reply   
Hahahahahaha! I haven’t really read this thread in awhile. Looks like I came back just in time to see Grant kick one out of the park. I also see the usual “free thinking”, tolerant, liberal suspects are still enjoying their circle jerk while the rest of us carry on with actual lives-only to come back and poke the bear once in awhile. Carry on, liberal losers!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-03-2018, 10:48 PM Reply   
I really should thank you libbies for the free entertainment whenever I roll into WW town. It’s so heart warming to know you guys are still sweatin the Trump victory and can’t move on. I especially appreciate the consistent feigned righteous indignation. It’s so dramatic.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-04-2018, 6:22 AM Reply   
QAnon anyone?

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2018, 7:06 AM Reply   
I guess we should look at it this way. Here on W/W in the Non Wake section it’s a far far out of the way quiet corner of the Internet (I guess you could call it a Safe Space) if these total dong tards wanna come here & cry & circle jeark each other and let it all out we should encourage it! But if you total retards carry on like this in real life or other social media forums then it’s time to check your selfs into a clinic for “Trump Disorder” Only thing I’m not sure of is if your “Obama Care” covers TRUMP DISORDER. You may have to sell some of your Star Wars action figures to cover the cost BUT TRUST ME, it will be worth it. I have heard treatment is somthing like this. They strap you into a rolling chair & muzzle you very much like Hannable lector in silence of the lambs, you get to go to all of Trumps Rally’s, and be with many of the other well adjusted Americans who are proud of this POTUS. Once you have been to about 20 Rally’s. They dress you in a American Flag jump suite. And give you a pick ax. They drop you off at Trumps Hollywood walk of fame star, if you take the pick ax to the star then Therapy has not worked & your go back into the program. Or you become a new caster for CNN.
Good luck.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-04-2018, 9:00 AM Reply   
Grant, honest question, does this middle school response logic work for you? Meaning, do you think these responses have some sort of adult merit? You come off as some 7th grade kid posting on MySpace. Every post is some sort of, kicking you guys, go to your safe space, but never addresses the issues at hand. Mark’s post after is classic, he’s your 7th grade bro, comes in on the MySpace page and reinforces your playground comment. It’s just a little amusing, but uncomfortable as well, knowing that you are an adult & wondering if you are self aware to know how you’re coming off. The answer, no, you are not.
Carry on......
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2018, 9:22 AM Reply   
^^^ So you think logic & reason can come from this “Dumpster Fire” of a thread? This thread is Denny’s in Oakland at 2:00am. All consertive opinions & people left here long ago. It became a liberal GangBang, where were you then? Were you giving the same criticism to the childish left reply’s or is it just another Liberal Doubble Standard. All the consertives left here and the liberal lefty’s have been giving each other a tug job for that last months. Many Melt downs happend here, people quit over words said here. This thread is the mosh pit what do you expect?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-04-2018, 1:33 PM Reply   
Honestly, I expect adults to act like adults.

That said, nobody here knows me or has any need to try to meet my expectations. You ask, so that’s the answer.

Yes, I think ord27 proves that individuals with different opinions, from different sides of the political isle, can have rational discussion on this thread.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-04-2018, 11:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Grant, honest question, does this middle school response logic work for you? Meaning, do you think these responses have some sort of adult merit? You come off as some 7th grade kid posting on MySpace. Every post is some sort of, kicking you guys, go to your safe space, but never addresses the issues at hand. Mark’s post after is classic, he’s your 7th grade bro, comes in on the MySpace page and reinforces your playground comment. It’s just a little amusing, but uncomfortable as well, knowing that you are an adult & wondering if you are self aware to know how you’re coming off. The answer, no, you are not.
Carry on......
...and do you want to take a stab at how you and your cohorts come off? Smug would be the understatement of the year. Just watch the South Park episode called “Smug Alert.” It fits virtually every lib here. Get over yourselves with your double standards.

Honestly, the joke is on you guys because you have no sense of humor and you take yourselves WAY too seriously.

Grant.... the Star Wars action figures comment was internet GOLD. I’m just glad I wasn’t drinking anything or I would’ve been spitting it all over laughing!

Side question: Who calls themselves deuce? I drop one of you every morning by 7:00. How’s that for jr. high?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2018, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post

Side question: Who calls themselves deuce? I drop one of you every morning by 7:00. How’s that for jr. high?
Fits the bill perfectly.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-05-2018, 7:56 AM Reply   
thanks deuce.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-05-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Honestly, I expect adults to act like adults.

That said, nobody here knows me or has any need to try to meet my expectations. You ask, so that’s the answer.

Yes, I think ord27 proves that individuals with different opinions, from different sides of the political isle, can have rational discussion on this thread.
Grant has acted like a middle schooler since I have been a member here (2009). He spells like an elementary school drop out. Mark is his life partner.

Grant is one of those douches flipping birds to the "media" and clapping every time Trump opens his mouth. They can't name one of his major accomplishments, yet they still claim he's "winning". The election has been almost 2 years ago, yet they still beat their chest about Hillary Clinton as if anyone gives a $h!t. It has never donned on them why two years later, all Trump wants to talk about is the election. I don't remember Obama bragging about beating McCain or Romney two years into his presidency. Did Reagan constantly brag about beating Carter? They are becoming the lunatic fringe of the GOP; the group that still believes Obama's birth certificate was phony, Sandy Hook was a hoax, Trump was never a liberal, they think tiki torches are meant to march around with, etc. Talking politics with them is like discussing football. Grant is the guy still rocking Affliction t shirts and Bedazzled jeans.

I agree totally about ord27. Though he and I have had some pretty serious disputes over the years, he is respectful in his replies. He steers away from the ad hominen attacks. He explains his political stances and typically stays away from the strawman arguments.

Last edited by wake77; 08-05-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2018, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Grant has acted like a middle schooler since I have been a member here (2009). He spells like an elementary school drop out. Mark is his life partner.

Grant is one of those douches flipping birds to the "media" and clapping every time Trump opens his mouth. They can't name one of his major accomplishments, yet they still claim he's "winning". The election has been almost 2 years ago, yet they still beat their chest about Hillary Clinton as if anyone gives a $h!t. It has never donned on them why two years later, all Trump wants to talk about is the election. I don't remember Obama bragging about beating McCain or Romney two years into his presidency. Did Reagan constantly brag about beating Carter? They are becoming the lunatic fringe of the GOP; the group that still believes Obama's birth certificate was phony, Sandy Hook was a hoax, Trump was never a liberal, they think tiki torches are meant to march around with, etc. Talking politics with them is like discussing football. Grant is the guy still rocking Affliction t shirts and Bedazzled jeans.

I agree totally about ord27. Though he and I have had some pretty serious disputes over the years, he is respectful in his replies. He steers away from the ad hominen attacks. He explains his political stances and typically stays away from the strawman arguments.
Big yawn... the mere fact that you libs are here day in and day out, parroting each other speaks for itself. You all tend this thread like a garden. You live for it... La-hoo-sa-herrrs!!!

Still laughing about the Star Wars action figures.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2018, 11:52 AM Reply   
This
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2018, 11:57 AM Reply   
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9jhGiIAFM
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2018, 11:58 AM Reply   
https://gfycat.com/amusedslimyafricanclawedfrog
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2018, 10:10 PM Reply   
Wake your such a Doushe Bag, you said in this thread if TRUMP won you would QUIT W/W. LOL how did that work out for you???? Talk about people that lie. Take a look in the mirror. But seriously please don’t quit We so enjoy making fun of you and your LBGQT partners Wes & Fly you 3 Dumb Ass Mo fos make this place so fun! Your seriously the Maxien Waters OF Wake world!

Last edited by grant_west; 08-05-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2018, 11:07 PM Reply   
Trade wars are so easy to win....

American boat makers feel the crunch from Trump tariffs
By MICHELLE R. SMITH Associated Press, August 4, 2018 — 11:15am

NEWPORT, R.I. — MJM Yachts has already felt the sting of tariffs.
CEO Bob Johnstone was negotiating the sale of a 53-foot (16-meter), $2.2 million yacht to a buyer in Monaco when the European Union announced a 25 percent tariff on American-made boats as retaliation for the Trump administration's tariffs on imported aluminum and steel.
The deal is now dead. So is the Rhode Island-based company's plan to expand sales into Europe.
American boat makers are getting pummeled on multiple fronts by tariffs and stand to be among the industries hardest-hit in an escalating trade war.
President Donald Trump's decision to impose tariffs on imported steel and aluminum has driven up the price of those essential materials for many boat makers. Europe, Canada and Mexico retaliated with tariffs on American-made boats. Meanwhile, new tariffs imposed on parts such as engines and navigation equipment imported from China are also pushing up costs.
As a result, they are selling fewer boats, considering raising prices and bracing for layoffs across an industry that employs 650,000 people in the United States at manufacturers, marinas and dealers.
"We have the unfortunate situation of being caught up in every part of this trade war," said Nicole Vasilaros, of the National Marine Manufacturers Association.
Industry leaders have met with Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and trade representatives and tried to make the case that this is a truly American industry being used as a pawn in a trade war. Ninety-five percent of the boats sold in the U.S. are made in America. They've also appealed to congressional delegations, especially in states heavy in boat manufacturing, while watching the trade fight escalate this week as China and the U.S. proposed new tariffs that include some hitting their industry.
Among those who have considered reducing their workforce is Regal Marine Industries, which builds everything from sport boats to 53-foot (16-meter) yachts with price tags ranging from $35,000 to $1.2 million. It employs 750 people at its headquarters in Orlando, Florida, and in Valdosta, Georgia, from factory technicians to engineers to office staff.
Before the tariffs were imposed, around 15 to 20 percent of Regal's sales went to Europe or Canada. CEO Duane Kuck said orders from the EU are down 90 percent. They've seen millions of dollars in of cancelations and delays.
"We were expanding prior to the tariffs. The expansion has been put on hold," he said.
Asked whether that means layoffs, he said he would have to see whether the company can grow enough business in the U.S. to offset the loss of exports, a strategy several other boat builders are trying.
The timetable for many manufacturers thinking about layoffs is in the next two to three months, Vasilaros said. She also noted that any benefits the industry saw from a Republican-led tax overhaul have been "almost completely negated" as the industry deals with higher prices for materials and components while losing customers to global competitors.
"The president's trying to help U.S. manufacturing, but we are the key case to show that he's doing the exact opposite," she said.
The industry, Vasilaros said, is being specifically targeted for retaliatory tariffs by countries wishing to make a point to Trump.
For example, Mercury Marine employs most of its 4,800 workers at its headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin — a county that Trump won by a nearly 2-1 margin in his 2016 presidential victory. Other states with a large boat-making presence are GOP strongholds like Florida, Indiana and Arkansas.
Mercury Marine is the last American-based producer of four-stroke outboard engines. It assembles the smaller, 40- to 60-horsepower engines it makes at a facility it owns in Suzhou, China. Mercury estimates that a 25 percent tariff the Trump administration imposed on the Chinese-made engines would raise the average cost of a small, recreational boat by nearly $2,000.
Mercury CEO John Pfeifer wrote in a letter in May to the U.S. trade representative that similar price shocks in the past caused a more than 50 percent drop in demand for its products. He also said engine manufacturers from Japan and Canada could end up with an advantage in the U.S. market, causing the company to shift highly skilled jobs from the U.S. to Japan.
Tennessee-based Brunswick Boat Group — which is owned by the same parent company as Mercury — warned in its own letter to the trade representative that tariffs could cause a drop in sales, and in turn, layoffs in the industry.
Adding to the frustration for the industry is the fact that American boat manufacturers primarily buy domestic steel and aluminum and were already seeing shortages. Now, they also face rising prices as a result of the tariffs.
Bill Yeargin, CEO of Orlando-based boat builder Correct Craft, said he expects the company's aluminum costs could rise 20 to 30 percent when its contracts are renegotiated this fall. Overseas sales, which make up about 30 percent of the company's revenue, are already at a near standstill.
"We're getting hit on both ends," he said.
The tariffs don't make sense to Johnstone, whose luxury-boat maker is based in the yachting hub of Newport.
He points to the incredible amount of labor that goes into just one boat. He said the yacht that the Monaco buyer canceled after the tariffs "has 8,000 man hours in it. That one boat is four families supported for a year. This really dampens our future."
MJM Yachts makes high-end, fuel efficient boats at a shipyard in Boston, where it employs about 180 people, Johnstone said. The yachts are priced between $800,000 and $2.2 million.
It now faces retaliatory tariffs of 10 percent in Canada, 15 percent in Mexico and 25 percent in the European Union. That means a yacht which once cost $2 million for a European buyer now goes for $2.5 million.
Those three markets represent 69 percent of the U.S. export market, according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association.
The industry is hoping that negotiations between the White House and European Union will at least result in the end of the 25 percent retaliatory tariff. Talks have yielded no news of a change so far.
"The message that we're getting is, 'We're in this war. We have to be to protect U.S. steel and aluminum,'" Vasilaros said.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-06-2018, 4:16 PM Reply   
ord27 does add thinking to responses, Rod used to at least try. I dont recall many others posting much more than memes, name calling and southpark references.

So Lebron James foundation sponsors and opens one of the most interesting and forward thinking public schools in America. (http://lebronjamesfamilyfoundation.o...ipromiseschool).
On the other hand, The Donald Trump Foundation, funded by donations, not trump (big difference), was sued by NY Atty General for "persistent illegal conduct" buys 6ft portraits of don trump to hang at a golf course, used to fund his presidential campaign with money donated to help Veterans...( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ump_Foundation).
This is the idiot in chief that thinks he has basis to criticize LeBron James.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 3 Aug

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!

Trump is mostly the dumbest guy in the room, as Don Lemon tweeted

Don Lemon

@donlemon

Who’s the real dummy? A man who puts kids in classrooms or one who puts kids in cages? #BeBest

6:03 AM - Aug 4, 2018 · New York, USA
Tagging Melanias BeBest program, classic. trump couldn't hold Lebrons jock let alone criticize one of the best basketball players and perhaps an even better human.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-06-2018, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wake your such a Doushe Bag, you said in this thread if TRUMP won you would QUIT W/W. LOL how did that work out for you???? Talk about people that lie. Take a look in the mirror. But seriously please don’t quit We so enjoy making fun of you and your LBGQT partners Wes & Fly you 3 Dumb Ass Mo fos make this place so fun! Your seriously the Maxien Waters OF Wake world!
See now you are not only showing how uneducated you are, but now you are showing that you are a liar, as well. I attempted to make a bet with you that if Trump won I would leave and if Clinton won you would. You were too chicken$h!t to take it. So keep the lies flowing. You're a liar just like your man-crush.

It's amazing that you truly believe that anyone takes you seriously around here.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-06-2018, 5:15 PM Reply   
Nobody does except his 7th grade butt buddy Markj. They have a true love connection.

In other news, only the best people...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/polit...ump/index.html
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-06-2018, 5:18 PM Reply   
And here's one for the hypocrite-in-chief Pence, in case anyone was thinking he's "not so bad"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/polit...mns/index.html

"Dismissing the idea that the president is "just the like the rest of us," Pence wrote, "If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous.
"Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms.""

""Further, the Presidents (sic) repeated lies to the American people in this matter compound the case against him as they demonstrate his failure to protect the institution of the presidency as the 'inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals.'"
He continued, "Leaders affect the lives of families far beyond their own 'private life'. In the Bible story of Esther we are told of a king who was charged to put right his own household because there would be 'no end of disrespect and discord' among the families of the kingdom if he failed to do so. In a day when reckless extramarital sexual activity is manifesting itself in our staggering rates of illegitimacy and divorce, now more than ever, America needs to be able to look to her First Family as role models of all that we have been and can be again.""

""If our leaders flinch at this responsibility, they would do well to heed the Proverb 'if a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked,'" he added. "Our leaders must either act to restore the luster and dignity of the institution of the Presidency or we can be certain that this is only the beginning of an even more difficult time for our land. For the nation to move on, the President must move out.""

Hmm I guess he's "evolved" on the issue since then LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2018, 6:45 PM Reply   
O loard it Captin “copy paste”
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-06-2018, 8:07 PM Reply   
Rough day for Grant - where's he gonna get his Obama Grandma fake news stories now :-(

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/06/63603...ntent=20180806
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-06-2018, 9:13 PM Reply   
I love coming in here, stirring the pot, throwing a few turds into the stew and then laughing on the way out. Liberals are so much fun to rile up. It’s like being a grandparent and giving a bunch of sugar to a grandkid before dropping them off to their parents. Lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-06-2018, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nobody does except his 7th grade butt buddy Markj. They have a true love connection.

In other news, only the best people...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/polit...ump/index.html
Oh thop it, you thilly mannn! Ith a thecret.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2018, 10:49 PM Reply   
Wes, Wake, Fly, and the rest of you Liberal Loons
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2018, 11:22 PM Reply   
Wes/ Wake / Fly Do you think anyone clicks on your links or even reads your posts? We just come here to kick you retards
Attached Images

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-07-2018, 3:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wes, Wake, Fly, and the rest of you Liberal Loons
Give me a freaking break. No one cries more than Trump supporters. For a group that tries to act so tough, they are a bunch of pussies. "There's no Russian involvement", "He didn't pay off a porn star", "The Fake News Media", blah, blah, blah. Plus, you guys may be the most gullible people I have ever met.

And you have a lot of nerve speaking of posting links. You were the one convinced that Obama's grandmother was going to receive 200 grand a year for the rest of her life.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-07-2018, 7:04 AM Reply   
Wow. I am surprised that a liberal would use a slang word for a woman's genitalia as a derogatory word to describe weakness.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2018, 8:07 AM Reply   
But nobody's surprised that the knuckledraggers are flinging poo from their cage.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2018, 9:05 AM Reply   
So let me get this straight. You guys are upset that WE are making fun of your “Fake Outrage” & “Constant crying” Ok this makes sence. My young Nephew gets pissed when we make fun of his temper tantrums so it makes sence you guys are pissed. LOL
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2018, 10:40 AM Reply   
I just know if I was a malicious person, I could force any one of the resident libs here to have a meltdown like One of the one’s Wes has had. None of them have the mental bandwidth to handle much. Kind of like making a Fembot explode. Lol
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-07-2018, 11:51 AM Reply   
If calling you turds out for the human excrement you are is what you keep referring to as a "meltdown" I'll be happy to continue to oblige. You may recall that my angry response was re: Grant gleefully rejoicing about families like mine being torn apart. Not that a hypocritical fake christian like you would give a $h1t. You and Pence are two of a kind.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2018, 12:01 PM Reply   
Yawn. This thread used to be mildly interesting when policy could be discussed and debated. Now it’s just a meme-fest. I suspect that is a reflection of the Trump admin’s surprising lack of coherent policy discipline. When the policy is indefensible and nonsensical it’s hard to argue in favor of. Which leaves us with the memes.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-07-2018, 12:05 PM Reply   
Shawn, curious what you think of Pence's evolution:

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2018, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Shawn, curious what you think of Pence's evolution:

Link doesn’t work?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-07-2018, 12:07 PM Reply   
Hrm try this one:

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2018, 12:32 PM Reply   
Wes: right out of the liberal play book. Either agree with your politics or views or The other side of the table is a TURD! Sorry white guilt, false claims or being racist, sexist, eliteist, or what ever insult you can try and hurl has zero effect sorry not you and your party cryed Wolf way to many times
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2018, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:

Orwell was right? Where’s the Ministry of Truth to scrub this from the record when we need it?

Honestly tho, I probably made the “it’s just a BJ” argument myself at the time. My own situational ethics aren’t pure.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2018, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wes: right out of the liberal play book. Either agree with your politics or views or The other side of the table is a TURD! Sorry white guilt, false claims or being racist, sexist, eliteist, or what ever insult you can try and hurl has zero effect sorry not you and your party cryed Wolf way to many times

I’m pretty sure “elitist” is your side’s insult g?

As in “libral elites!” “Ivery tower elites” “new yourk elites!” Etc.

Do you care WHAT the government does, or just that you are on the side that’s “winning”?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-07-2018, 12:39 PM Reply   
Perhaps not, but you aren't VPOTUS either lol.

I voted Dole in '96.

Grant, you're not a turd because we disagree. Cliff and I disagree left and right - he's far from a turd. You are a turd because of the disgusting, inhumane statements you've made on this thread and elsewhere.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2018, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
If calling you turds out for the human excrement you are is what you keep referring to as a "meltdown" I'll be happy to continue to oblige. You may recall that my angry response was re: Grant gleefully rejoicing about families like mine being torn apart. Not that a hypocritical fake christian like you would give a $h1t. You and Pence are two of a kind.
LOL! You're just too stupid to know you're being used like an unpaid hooker. We're just the pimps coming here to pimp slap you every so often.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2018, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Yawn. This thread used to be mildly interesting when policy could be discussed and debated. Now it’s just a meme-fest. I suspect that is a reflection of the Trump admin’s surprising lack of coherent policy discipline. When the policy is indefensible and nonsensical it’s hard to argue in favor of. Which leaves us with the memes.
No Shawn. What it is is all of the libs here have turned it into their own circle jerk. Most conservative viewpoints have to be posted with a lot of reverence for the lib point of view or they're shouted down and out with insults to boot. That's why Delta isn't here any more. After many posts spent kicking the lib arguments' butts, they had to insult him personally. Clearly there are more liberal guys living in their mom's basement with time to tend this thread-hence their majority. Some of us gave up seriously arguing a long time ago and see it now only as an opportunity to laugh and make fun. At least that's how I see it.

Let's be honest. No one is changing anyone's mind here on a stupid wake boarding forum. May as well have some fun poking at and laughing at each other.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2018, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:

Let's be honest. No one is changing anyone's mind here on a stupid wake boarding forum. May as well have some fun poking at and laughing at each other.

Probably not changing minds. But (a) getting a feel for why my fellow citizens see things differently from me, and (b) making me give serious thought to the underlying rationale for my own positions.

For instance, how can the FBI be so dirty as to wanna frame conservatives but other agencies’ motivations are pure of heart and beyond question? We are a government of people after all.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-07-2018, 2:30 PM Reply   
So it turns out Clinton's to campaign manager and his deputy were laundering millions with one fleecing the other as they did it. Lock her up!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/07/opini...vic/index.html
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-07-2018, 3:24 PM Reply   
did the DOW just set a new high? hmmmmmmm
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2018, 4:11 PM Reply   
ord27, I havnt heard anyone complain about the stock market, Mostly because its been on its way up for 10 straight years.
The problem is that the stock market alone is a poor indicator of the over all financial condition of the country. We already confirmed that only about 1/2 of Americans own any stock. We are sure that the people who got a big tax cut are enjoying the ride. So what about the other 90% of Americans?

What are the things that conservatives are so convinced they are winning? Stock Market? Clinton guilty, Separating families? Foreign relations? The way he has pissed off virtually all of our allies (UK, Germany, France, he even got Fing Canada pissed at us) The photo op w/ trump/KJU? The way trump **** on the intelligence communities and all Americans when he sided with Putin? The way he is running the EPA? The tax cuts to the richest segment and largest companies in the country? The tariffs? The morals he is leading the country with? The way they (lied) handled Net Neutrality? The way he "handles" being under investigation for conspiracy with Russians? The way he said he only hires the "BEST" people (Mike Flynn, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Steve Bannon, Tom Price, The Mooch, Spicer, Scott Pruit, Reince Priebus....)? The way he insults "heros" for no reason (McCain, LeBron, Gold star family...) His twitter trolling? His listening skills? The way he meets with no witnesses with the worst and most dangerous leaders in the world? His clear thinking and policies? His communication skills? his financial and economic genius? His sincere christian foundation? His generousness? His sincerity? His penchant for misleading the American people? His work ethic of TV and golf, mcDonalds? The way he supports the military by trying to appoint a drunk w/ no experience to run the VA? The fine way he treats his wife and others? His vast knowledge of the constitution? how he is so articulate? The way his photo shoots always end up with clear concise policy?

It appears the overwhelming majority just wanna piss off liberals and continue to pretend he knows what he is doing kinda like blind faith $$ religions. Its like Charlie sheen shouting "Winning" while strung out on drugs and another infected skank.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-07-2018, 5:04 PM Reply   
I wasn't trying to address his entire body of "work". Just pointing out that WallStreet seems to like him.

DOW was 1900 when he was elected. 20000 was a pipe dream.....now, in less than 2 years, has hit almost 27,000

I'm not sure why a rockstar from Mars was mentioned....(I got it and actually laughed )
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2018, 9:26 PM Reply   
Hey Wes: do you even own a wakeboard boat? O wait do u even own a boat? My guess is No! Has nothing to do with the topic at hand but my point is this, Your so out of touch with reality & your posts are based not of facts but Emotions. Did your family end up in a cage ? I’m guessing NO
So why are u so but hurt
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-07-2018, 10:45 PM Reply   
I can't figure out why everyone is pissed at a "trade war" supposedly started by trump... hes going to bat for everyone in the country saying lets make this fair for both sides and these countries who've gotten the better end of the deal are Sh*tting their pants and hitting us even harder... We All should be pissed at these countries that we do business with that screw us all. You wouldnt do business with someone who charged you 25% more than the guy in line behind you, so why should this country? Nobody before trump had the balls to even address it, maybe his method isn't how some would like, but the results have been hard to ignore. For every guy/gal in the U.S. getting hurt theres another 1.5-2 in china, india etc feeling the burn of their country screwing them over with a tariff too. I'm in ag and yes there will a negative impact NOW but if he succeeds and many believe he will that will probably increase sales. If something is 15% less that means they can buy more for less. BINGO
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-07-2018, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Wes: do you even own a wakeboard boat? O wait do u even own a boat? My guess is No! Has nothing to do with the topic at hand but my point is this, Your so out of touch with reality & your posts are based not of facts but Emotions. Did your family end up in a cage ? I’m guessing NO
So why are u so but hurt
probably not- obama failed to secure one for his voters
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2018, 10:57 PM Reply   
Bass

In my opinion these retards smell their own farts ( and the like it) CNN tells them “ TRADE WAR” panic panic panic. They come here and post 5 links telling us all how good their farts smell. LOL
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2018, 11:21 PM Reply   
Ah yes... The smell of a liberal elitist’s own fart is one that they can’t resist. Books have been written about it. Special glasses have been made for them to appreciate it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2018, 11:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
ord27, I havnt heard anyone complain about the stock market, Mostly because its been on its way up for 10 straight years.
The problem is that the stock market alone is a poor indicator of the over all financial condition of the country. We already confirmed that only about 1/2 of Americans own any stock. We are sure that the people who got a big tax cut are enjoying the ride. So what about the other 90% of Americans?

What are the things that conservatives are so convinced they are winning? Stock Market? Clinton guilty, Separating families? Foreign relations? The way he has pissed off virtually all of our allies (UK, Germany, France, he even got Fing Canada pissed at us) The photo op w/ trump/KJU? The way trump **** on the intelligence communities and all Americans when he sided with Putin? The way he is running the EPA? The tax cuts to the richest segment and largest companies in the country? The tariffs? The morals he is leading the country with? The way they (lied) handled Net Neutrality? The way he "handles" being under investigation for conspiracy with Russians? The way he said he only hires the "BEST" people (Mike Flynn, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Steve Bannon, Tom Price, The Mooch, Spicer, Scott Pruit, Reince Priebus....)? The way he insults "heros" for no reason (McCain, LeBron, Gold star family...) His twitter trolling? His listening skills? The way he meets with no witnesses with the worst and most dangerous leaders in the world? His clear thinking and policies? His communication skills? his financial and economic genius? His sincere christian foundation? His generousness? His sincerity? His penchant for misleading the American people? His work ethic of TV and golf, mcDonalds? The way he supports the military by trying to appoint a drunk w/ no experience to run the VA? The fine way he treats his wife and others? His vast knowledge of the constitution? how he is so articulate? The way his photo shoots always end up with clear concise policy?

It appears the overwhelming majority just wanna piss off liberals and continue to pretend he knows what he is doing kinda like blind faith $$ religions. Its like Charlie sheen shouting "Winning" while strung out on drugs and another infected skank.
Ya just don’t get it, do ya? THAT is exactly why DJT is the POTUS now. Truth is none of you fools can relate to most of America.

Minus some serious warts, DJT has been EXACTLY what we’ve needed.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-08-2018, 1:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ah yes... The smell of a liberal elitist’s own fart is one that they can’t resist. Books have been written about it. Special glasses have been made for them to appreciate it.
these guys just don't get it..... never get high on your own supply!
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-08-2018, 5:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
You guys are ****ing hypocrites, everyone likes the smell of their own farts.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2018, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
I can't figure out why everyone is pissed at a "trade war" supposedly started by trump... hes going to bat for everyone in the country saying lets make this fair for both sides and these countries who've gotten the better end of the deal are Sh*tting their pants and hitting us even harder... We All should be pissed at these countries that we do business with that screw us all. You wouldnt do business with someone who charged you 25% more than the guy in line behind you, so why should this country? Nobody before trump had the balls to even address it, maybe his method isn't how some would like, but the results have been hard to ignore. For every guy/gal in the U.S. getting hurt theres another 1.5-2 in china, india etc feeling the burn of their country screwing them over with a tariff too. I'm in ag and yes there will a negative impact NOW but if he succeeds and many believe he will that will probably increase sales. If something is 15% less that means they can buy more for less. BINGO
Thanks for sharing this. I wish more posters in this thread would give their views on actual policy rather than just insulting one another.

Yesterday I was trying to think of why I disagreed with Trump's approach. I think my concern is NOT that we renegotiate deals. That's fine and if someone can do a better job, that's obviously great for us. My concern is with it being done in such a way that it upsets a couple generations (or more) of protocol and trust, and prompts our allies to wonder whether they can trust us to stick to our word going forward. Sure maybe we can get them over the barrel to extract concessions now, but they'll remember, won't they?

Canadian steel, for instance... invoking tariffs on the basis of canadian steel being a risk to national security sure seems to be an insult to our biggest trading partner, and one of our greatest allies.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-08-2018, 8:55 AM Reply   
I agree but for the tariffs to have any impact, especially on China, that is what has to be done.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-08-2018, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
“I just come here to kick u retards “
I should probably post this on every page.
Reading these comments remind me of a special Olympic event I went to where the autistic kids and the down syndrome children were calling each other names. The autistic kids were laughing and pointing at the down syndrome kids and yelling at them, "your retarded"! Then, the down syndrome kids would yell back at the autistic kids "your stupid"!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2018, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
I should probably post this on every page.

No, you really shouldn’t.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2018, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker1234 View Post
I agree but for the tariffs to have any impact, especially on China, that is what has to be done.

What does “that” in “that is what has to be done” mean? I don’t think you are saying that we need to burn Canada with national security based tariffs, but maybe you are?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-08-2018, 12:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, havnt we all ALWAYS considered Canada a National Security Threat?
Appreciate those that can express real thoughts on policy.
I do not completely disagree with trying to gain better economic deals for the US. The issue is that trump has no policy or plan in place. He keeps repeating that America wont be the worlds Piggy Bank. I got info for him, A country that has to borrow a TRILLION $$ per year will not be a piggy bank for long. We ARE going to be forced to borrow. So from who? Obvious choice is China. How do you think thats gonna work out with all the tariffs? So tariffs on China, forces welfare handouts to farmers, then USA borrows the money from China to pay farmers. Perfect. The Republican Tea Party (Fiscal Conservatives/Deficit hawks) who took over congress a decade ago have sure done a great restoring fiscal discipline that they promised, havnt they? He created trade war with the EU, Canada, Trump has attacked NAFTA and all countries all at once with no recognizable gameplan other than "trade wars are easy". And yes, China is stealing our ****, I know. The USA has become a nation of consumers, we import more than we export. Trump fails to understand this important piece of the trade puzzle. When the US buys imports or invests overseas, it hands over dollars to other countries. If foreigners used all those overseas dollars they earned to buy US goods and services, the US wouldn’t run a trade deficit. But that’s not what they’re mainly used for. Because of the US’s completely open capital markets, foreigners use those dollars to buy American stocks, bonds, real estate, or other assets. As other countries freely accumulate these assets, they force the dollar’s value to rise against their own currencies, which makes it relatively more expensive to make goods in the US.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-08-2018, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Wow. I am surprised that a liberal would use a slang word for a woman's genitalia as a derogatory word to describe weakness.
Who's a "liberal"?

Trump supporters are pussies. They are too scared to call him out for his constant lying. They shake their heads in support like a bobblehead, regardless of the lies he tells. It's insane.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-08-2018, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ya just don’t get it, do ya? THAT is exactly why DJT is the POTUS now. Truth is none of you fools can relate to most of America.

Minus some serious warts, DJT has been EXACTLY what we’ve needed.
What has Trump done that has benefited you, directly?

It's amazing that you feel you have to be a Republican to "relate to most of America". It certainly doesn't make you any better of an American than a non-Republican.