Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (krcwell)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Whats up all,

I want to add some Wet Sounds to my new boat. I can really only afford one pair right now. Looking at the Pro 60 or the Pro 80. I like the size of the 60, but I don't know if there is a significant difference in output between the two. Also, will one pair be enough to reach the rider clearly? I do plan on adding more probably next year, but for now I want something that I can hear clear while riding. Thoughts? Also, if you have anything else to suggest, please do. I'm new to this. Thanks in advance.

keith
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-28-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
i would probably add the big one in the center next year. that would make it a 3some and ive heard it, they rock! as for the pro 60 vs. pro 80 question, i have been wondering the same. Id like to know the decibal difference and frequency difference of the two.
Old     (sigmodes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
If you put the 80’s and 60’s next to each other with the recommended power the 80’s well over power the 60’s no problem. I have done it before not sure what the true db difference is but it is very noticeable. One set of either well
reach the rider.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
what tower and boat are you putting the wetsound on?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
What amp are you going with for them? Make sure you get something that is 2x150 RMS for them to sound good.
Old     (krcwell)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
I am putting these on a 2002 Sea Ray 176 srx with a Big Air H2O tower. I have not decided on the amp yet. Figuring out the larger expenses first. Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-29-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
That's why I mentioned the amp sizing, a 150w RMS amp can add to the budget. I guess you can probably get something off of ebay for $200 (Kicker ZX 450.2) or so shipped but retail would be ~$400 for a new '08 model.