Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
My daughter is riding behind this boat for nationals. She normally trains behind an 08 xstar. During competitions this year she has also rode behind a malibu vlx, lsv, a centurion, an xstar and x2 and a nautique 230. She has also put in a little practice behind a 230 with 3,000 lbs in it. Can anyone give me advise on the 210 wake. steepness, speed, rope length? thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I only know the old 210 and its
Steep and big - wake to wake is how it naturally pops you -- flats is do-able but you need a monster cut

I usually ride 23/24 at about 75/80ft
if its butter i'll go a little faster and longer

I live like 2.5 hours north of milwaukee and I'll give her a pull on an old 210 before the comp if you want
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-30-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Mike i'd say the new 210 wake is pretty different from the old 210. I have only ridden behind one once last summer but liked it. It was very predictable and had decent pop. It's not going to be quite as steep as the old 210 was. I don't know anyone in the area with one or I'd help you out with a pull. The only guy I know is probably Gordy Buboltz up at the wakeboarding camp. I think he has one again this year, that's where I rode it last year. www.wakeboardingcamp.com

Stan
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
I would start a thread on www.planetnautique.com
Maybe you can find someone with a new 210 in your area, that would give her a pull.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
The new 210 is WAY different. Not nearly as hard or abrupt and has a super long transition. Without proper weighting it sucks and it's really touchy about weight, too much here or there and its awful, and with no weight its absolutely terrible. My buddy Ben (9) is preping for nationals behind Alex Graydon's 210 and its a constant struggle to re-weight the thing after we moved some stuff around, and its miserable unweighted.

As far as speed and rope:
Its not that wide so I'd say 22.5-24 mph about 75-80 back would be fine.

When I ride behind an X-Star it's 24.5-25 mph about 70-75 feet back.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help everyone. And thanks for the offers for a pull. Unfortunately, We dont get up there until the night before the event. I had heard that the new 210 was alot different than the old one. I'm hoping that they will have the weighting correct so that the wake is decent. They are pulling a bunch of divisions with the boat and the rest with the 230.

As far as finding someone in the area, most of the new nautiques are the 230's. I am good friends with a couple of their promo drivers and they are willing (and have) taken her out. I'm sure that she will do fine, but she really did not like the 220 wake from a couple of years ago.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-30-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
I love the new 210 wake and well I usualy ride behind a Centurion so I am used to a really touchy wake and it is no where near as touchy as that, but you just can't have anybody sit where ever and expect a crisp wake. I'm sure they will have the tourney wake dialed in and wouldn't worry about the quality at all. I find that I like riding a bit faster behind the 210 than in other boats, 23-24MPH and the rope at 75-80. Flats are no more challenging behind this boat than most others IMO. Did I say I love this wake!

Wish your daughter good luck. Wish I was going.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
23mph at 75-80 with stock. i liked it. i thought it booted pretty good for stock ballast
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-30-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
The new 210 wake is amazing! It likes alot of weight in the back. We usually run stock with a lil extra concrete under the seats and 550 on each side of the engine with a 550 up front half full. I think its completely different than the old 210. Seems kind of like a mix between an x star and an lsv.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
I hope that you are right jake. She likes both the xstar and lsv wake.

Thanks for the well wishes. We really don't know what to expect. I know that we are just going for the experience. This is her first time there. We usually ride INT. She has done well there, 2006 US champion, but we hope for a top 5 in wisconsin.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-30-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Mike, let us know what she thinks of the wake after the comp.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2008, 2:02 AM Reply   
Luker, I don't know what your buddy is doing with the new 210. But that boat is pretty weigth INsensitive. Compared to other 20-21ft boats I would say it's the most balanced boat out there.

Mike, if she likes the LSV, X-star and 230 wake. She's also gonna like the new 210 wake. It's pretty similar. And it doesn't need additional weigth.