Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-26-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
I have an 02 X-star with the 310 HP predator. What should my oil pressure be at idle and at approx 3K rpm. At idle mine seems to be at about 10 or a little below, then at 3K RPM it's right around 40-50, which I think is normal?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-27-2008, 12:25 AM Reply   
You need at least 3 psi at 500 rpm and at least 25 psi at 3000 rpm. Your engine will be set higher than that, and I am not familiar with your engine specifically.
The most important thing is if there has been a change. On there own your pressures don't show any problem.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-27-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Can anyone with this engine verify what their pressures are at idle and at speed? The reason I ask is I had a warning alarm go off a few days ago and don't know why it went off? Voltage on the battery was fine. The oil pressure gauge was right around 10, but I think it is always like that at idle, just not sure. The manual mentions low voltage and low oil pressure as reasons for the alarm to go of. It's never gone off before, or since?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-27-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
the genearal rule if engine oil pressure is 10PSI for every 1000 rpm. It sounds fine to me.
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
I agree with the 10psi per 1000rpm that's what I was always told. the alarm goes off for many reasons in a boat, not like a car where different lights come on regarding that problem. v-drive could be hot or low fluid, or voltage as you mentioned. I've even had the buzzer go off if you pull the throttle back quickly after cruising fast for a while.
I had a chevelle before (i know its not a true boat) that at idle the gague would be absolutely be pegged on 0 and full throttle wouldn't pass 40psi. never once had a problem with it.
so anyways just some more food for thought. your psi seems fine to me
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Did you see what the dash gauge said the voltage was when the alarm went off?

My boat will sound an alarm when the voltage is low, and that will happen when I am running three ballast tank pumps and the stereo and running at idle. It will definately sound if I am runnng the ballast pumps, the blower, the heater and the stereo even at fast idle.

Rod