Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

I have a 2005 Supra 21V that I am attempting to mount a sirius antenna on. Need some suggestions as to where. It says it needs 3 inches of unobstructed space around it. I am thinking outside near the windshield?, somewhere on the dash?

Also where to route the antenna cable, any natural openings to route through or do I need to drill somewhere?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I mounted mine on the drivers windshield area, and ran the wires down and around, back understand the helm. I used Velcro as well, just in case I need to re-mount the antenna at some point. It works very well for me......

(Message edited by committed on July 26, 2008)
Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thanks Chris I was thinking of that also. Did you mount it directly on the windshield? Where exactly did you run the wire? Did you run it through the vent hole in front of the windshield or just wrap it around along the windshield and drop it down by the steering wheel. I hope this question makes some sense, I know it is difficult without pictures.

K
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Kevin,
See this link.. I velcro'd mine on the port side by the rear locker.. out of the way and ran the wire under the seat.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/586986.html
Cheers.
Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a look.